OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

My worry would be whether he is prepared to be the THIRD receiver.

When Hill and Waddle are getting the bulk of the targets(and attention)will he be able to handle that?

Is he going to gripe and bitch about not getting his touches?

I have no concern about the money as the terrible deal Baltimore gave him last year won't be repeated by anyone, let alone Miami.

My worry would be whether he is prepared to be the THIRD receiver.

When Hill and Waddle are getting the bulk of the targets(and attention)will he be able to handle that?

Is he going to gripe and bitch about not getting his touches?

I have no concern about the money as the terrible deal Baltimore gave him last year won't be repeated by anyone, let alone Miami.
I think OBJ has matured alot over the years and I think at this stage of his career he would be a good locker room presence. I think this is actually part of why Grier/McD want him. Let's be honest, it's not hard to find a younger, cheaper, just as talented option out there.

I'm pretty sure he's okay with being WR3 if he's taking the meeting with Miami, he knows he's not gonna replace Hill and Waddle on the depth chart.

I just don't think we have the nessesity to meet his contract demands. OBJ will want a semi decent contract, he's not Poyer, he ain't going anywhere for league minimum. I'd bet OBJ wants 7 to 8 million and were prob offering 4 to 5.

I think it’s that he got 15m for around 500 yards and 30 catches. Not to mention he’s already bringing the Kardashian vibe with him to a team with Tyreek and some questionable leadership already.

I’m not totally opposed to it at the right (low) price but I fully get the pushback
Yeah I mean at $15 million, nobody wants him including our front office. But people seem opposed to adding him without regard to financial terms. Nobody knows what we’re offering or what he’s demanding, so assuming he’d cost big money doesn’t make sense to me.

As far as his production last season, what WR has ever put up numbers with Lamar Jackson? It’s impossible to play WR in that offense.

Yeah I mean at $15 million, nobody wants him including our front office. But people seem opposed to adding him without regard to financial terms. Nobody knows what we’re offering or what he’s demanding, so assuming he’d cost big money doesn’t make sense to me.

As far as his production last season, what WR has ever put up numbers with Lamar Jackson? It’s impossible to play WR in that offense.
If he will play for the kind of money his play warrants I would gladly take him as WR3.

I think OBJ has matured alot over the years and I think at this stage of his career he would be a good locker room presence. I think this is actually part of why Grier/McD want him. Let's be honest, it's not hard to find a younger, cheaper, just as talented option out there.

I'm pretty sure he's okay with being WR3 if he's taking the meeting with Miami, he knows he's not gonna replace Hill and Waddle on the depth chart.

I just don't think we have the nessesity to meet his contract demands. OBJ will want a semi decent contract, he's not Poyer, he ain't going anywhere for league minimum. I'd bet OBJ wants 7 to 8 million and were prob offering 4 to 5.
I have never heard that he was a bad teammate or difficult to coach but he has never been in the YOU are not the Star! role before so we don't know if he will embrace it.

I think he could flourish in the 3rd WR role in Miami.

I like Tyler Boyd more than OBJ at this stage of their careers. Boyd is younger and has been more productive than OBJ in recent years.
I have no idea what Boyd is wanting to sign for but if he is willing to take similar money than OBJ is asking for or even less, he would be a better signing IMO.
Hard to imagine Boyd taking a 1-year deal. Unless his market completely dries up. Have to assume if he’d take a short-term deal like that, he’d already be under contract.

still no deal. we will see tmrw AM. the meeting purportedly went well. they usually do. that probably wasn't the issue. it is money. BUT i suspect the subject of money was broached prior to the meeting, and the two sides knew they were reasonably far apart. so then why do the meeting? from the dolphins perspective, they do their due diligence, get it out of the way, and tell him if you can't do better, come back to us. not to mention meeting w a guy like OBJ creates some more buzz for the dolphins amongst other NFL players. same thing from OBJ's perspective. tries to generate buzz and create a market for himself. gets a backup plan in place for someplace he can go. so my guess is that is what happened, and this is where we are. we will find out soon enough.
per my point, here we go, miami made him an offer, which if i were them i would retract at this point instead of letting him shop it. clearly the guy is all about the money too, no strong interest in being here: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...odell-beckham-jr-an-offer-business-takes-time

Hard to imagine Boyd taking a 1-year deal. Unless his market completely dries up. Have to assume if he’d take a short-term deal like that, he’d already be under contract.
My first thought as well. No way Boyd takes a one year deal unless he has exhausted all other possibilities and TC is on the horizon.

"Things went great with him," McDaniel told reporters of the visit, according to the Miami Herald. "We did make him an offer and business takes time, especially with players such as Odell, who's had a phenomenal career, still has really good football in front of him and has options. So, I think those conversations will be ongoing. We'll see where they go."

McDaniel added that he is "definitely ready to coach him if we can come to an agreement and I think both sides are trying to work towards that. We'll see what happens."
Git'r done.

I still don’t understand the opposition to OBJ. We already have two of the top 15 WRs in the NFL. OBJ is easily top 40. Adding him to our lineup makes our receiving corps almost inarguably the best in the NFL, at the same time the NFL has generally acknowledged that WR is one of the most important positions in the game.

Last year, Ced Wilson and Braxton Berrios played over 1000 combined offensive snaps for us. That is a huge reason why our offense sucked out loud against good teams. River Cracraft and Robbie Chosen played another 200+ combined.

We have tons of open WR snaps and not enough good WRs to fill them. I like Ezukanma but if the staff doesn’t, WR3 is an enormous need. And OBJ is the best option we’re going to find without using our first round pick on the position.
I'm sure they love EZ's skill set but so far he is about as unreliable as it gets. Whatever he contributes will be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom