OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

I think you are conflating physical attributes with skill set.

I haven't seen a guy who is a precise route runner or a guy that is able to read defenses and leverages either pre snap nor in route adjustment.

Those are the skills that separate good WRs from special teams players.
Neither has the staff, which is why he’s been glued to the bench except for some scripted gadget plays. His neck injury always sounded more to me like they were shelving him once the roster got tight so they didn’t expose him to waivers rather than him actually having a season ending injury.

Last season before the neck problem they were using him in ways that suited his skill set. They apparently have a plan for him. When/if he is able to stay healthy.
They used him in ways that didn't include being an actual high snap count, dependable WR.

They used him in ways that didn't include being an actual high snap count, dependable WR.
Were any of the backup WRs used in that manner? He turned out to have to be placed on NFI due to his neck. Had he not been we really cannot say with any degree of certainty how many snaps he'd have gotten.

Were any of the backup WRs used in that manner? He turned out to have to be placed on NFI due to his neck. Had he not been we really cannot say with any degree of certainty how many snaps he'd have gotten.
You seem to be ignoring what I said about the skills he has not shown to possess, and are now arguing "what ifs".

Has he shown, you personally, enough to be considered an starting caliber, every down type of NFL receiver? Simple question.

To me he has not, and I'm going along with @Marino2.0 on this one. He, apparently, hasn't proven it to McD and the staff either.

If you are just saying you want to see him get more opportunity, that's fine but he has to earn it in practice, and that's far different than projecting him to be ready to take a 500 snap workload as the #3 receiver.

Usually adults tend to grow out of that type of petty nonsense.....just sayin......

Unless, of course, it's Al Bundy .....

I said I wouldn't actually disrespect her over a HS rivalry. Truth be told I recently did business with another person from her area, Wyomissing Pa, and they burned out company for a lot of money when they declared for bankruptcy so I have a new reason to dislike folk from that town. I honestly haven't given Swift that much thought in the last 10 years. I think her relationship with Kelce has been a good thing for the league.

Hard to imagine Boyd taking a 1-year deal. Unless his market completely dries up. Have to assume if he’d take a short-term deal like that, he’d already be under contract.
Boyd, like Ced Wilson, is also best primarily used as a big slot. OBJ can win one on one on the boundary which is the appeal to be able to get Hill moved around more.

Hard to imagine Boyd taking a 1-year deal. Unless his market completely dries up. Have to assume if he’d take a short-term deal like that, he’d already be under contract.
I agree he is likely looking for a longer deal. Yet I would have no issue with them signing him to a three year contract if the price is right.

Well he didn't play in 2022 after helping his team get to and win a Super Bowl and getting hurt in said SB. You know what the Super Bowl is right? The game that Tyreek's old team has won twice in a row since trading him to us so we can destroy all of the leagues worst teams and brag about it like its a major accomplishment.

Those seem like reasonable stats for someone you’re expecting to assume a third WR role, coming off a career high yards per reception season while playing in a college offense.
I mean Hill has better playoff stats across the board since 2020. He helped the Chiefs get to AFC championship games and win a SB. Kind of a moot argument. Either way, he made $15M last year and performed like an average 3rd WR.

I have nothing against him as a player, but our interest in him makes zero sense unless he is willing to take a dirt cheap offer.

I mean Hill has better playoff stats across the board since 2020. He helped the Chiefs get to AFC championship games and win a SB. Kind of a moot argument. Either way, he made $15M last year and performed like an average 3rd WR.

I have nothing against him as a player, but our interest in him makes zero sense unless he is willing to take a dirt cheap offer.

What’s dirt cheap? We’re paying Berrios $3M and he’s next to useless. ODB averaged about doubled the yards per reception and 3 times more TDs, that’s worth about $7M.

What’s dirt cheap? We’re paying Berrios $3M and he’s next to useless. ODB averaged about doubled the yards per reception and 3 times more TDs, that’s worth about $7M.
Personally, I wouldn't have brought Berrios back, but that's neither here nor there.

I think if the movers and shakers really want OBJ's services, that's probably what it will take and not unreasonable.

It's more likely, IMO, that they don't have any burning desire but at a good discount, they make it happen.

IOW, "here's our offer. Take it or leave it. It's on the table until the draft."

Personally, I wouldn't have brought Berrios back, but that's neither here nor there.

I think if the movers and shakers really want OBJ's services, that's probably what it will take and not unreasonable.

It's more likely, IMO, that they don't have any burning desire but at a good discount, they make it happen.

IOW, "here's our offer. Take it or leave it. It's on the table until the draft."

Ya I don’t understand bringing back Berrios at all.

Back
Top Bottom