OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

I don't know if me and u been watching same dolphins team but we are more off wildcard windows than SB windows or less they show me wrong. We gotta win playoff games first also.
We are all hoping this comes to fruition on winning a playoff game

Let focus on winning playoff game first before thinking we in SB window.
If you won 11 games and made the playoffs with a slightly different but similarly talented team coming back, you're in the 'SB window', regardless of past playoff struggles. That's like saying the Lions weren't in their SB window all season until the first playoff game ended.

If you won 11 games and made the playoffs with a slightly different but similarly talented team coming back, you're in the 'SB window', regardless of past playoff struggles. That's like saying the Lions weren't in their SB window all season until the first playoff game ended.
Thank you!! Losing in the first round does not mean a team wasn't a superbowl contender, similar to a team winning in the 1st round does not mean they are a superbowl contender.

Case in point - not one person considered TB a superbowl contender last year even after they trounced Philly.

Miamis injuries at year end likely made them a non-contender for last years superbowl but pending health they are 100% a superbowl contender this year.

this years dalvin cook. and at least dalvin cook didn't pass out on airplanes! and ps dalvin cooks prior year was much better than OBJ's prior year, so at least on paper dalvin cook seemed pretty good: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...jr-taken-plane-health-concern-initial-refusal

Dalvin Cook’s previous team didn’t want him. Beckham’s does, as do the Dolphins, who also didn’t want Cook.

Cook’s YPC was the lowest of his career, Beckham had the highest YPR of his career.

If you ignore all of that then ya, you’re right.

Last edited:
Talented coming out.

Hope it's not another Miami retirement payday...

Dalvin Cook’s previous team didn’t want him. Beckham’s does, as do the Dolphins, who also didn’t want Cook.

Cook’s YPC was the lowest of his career, Beckham had the highest YPR of his career.

If you ignore all of that then ya, you’re right.

Beckham had a high YPR but he also only caught 54.7% of the passes thrown his way.

Odell’s 35 receptions ranked 122nd ranked in 2023 across all positions. Only three WRs, Robert Woods for HOU, Jonathan Mingo for CAR, and Marquis Brown for ARZ, had more catches with a lower catch %.

BAL’s other top targets didn’t have a catch % problem…

Nelson Agholor also had 35 catches for 77.8%
Mark Andrews had 45 catches for 73.8%
Zay Flowers had 77 catches for 71.3%

Edit - Odell had a higher YPR at 16.2 than Tyreek at 15.1 and Waddle at 14.1, which sounds amazing! If you adjust Odell’s numbers to Yards per Target (565 yards by 65 targets) to account for lower catch % and efficiency then it’s 8.8 YPT; whereas, Tyreek is 10.5 and Waddle is 9.7 YPT, respectively.

Last edited:
You seem to be ignoring what I said about the skills he has not shown to possess, and are now arguing "what ifs".

Has he shown, you personally, enough to be considered an starting caliber, every down type of NFL receiver? Simple question.

To me he has not, and I'm going along with @Marino2.0 on this one. He, apparently, hasn't proven it to McD and the staff either.

If you are just saying you want to see him get more opportunity, that's fine but he has to earn it in practice, and that's far different than projecting him to be ready to take a 500 snap workload as the #3 receiver.
No, he hasn't, and I never said otherwise, inferred it, or implied it. I'm not even sure what you are arguing with me about. I said they drafted him to compete to be a #3 but for various reasons, no one knows what he can do, and has been unreliable. They passed up Romeo Doubs to take EZ so I'd expect they took him with some plan in mind on how to best utilize his skill set. In 2022, I heard it said they may have envisioned him as a guy they could use like Deebo Samuel.

Back
Top Bottom