OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

I hate when people cry about injuries

It’s ***** drivel

When I played college ball and when teammates went down you never even thought about, it was always next man up

Ugh
For sure but imo there's a difference between crying about injuries and adjusting your expectations dependent on the lineup you have out there. I would never expect the offense to perform at the same level with a line of jackson-hunt-williams-wynn-armstead as an offense with jackson-jones-eichenberg-cotton-lamm or even jackson-hunt-eich-jones-lamm. The talent we had on the field in that playoff game was not even close to the talent level of our full roster. Health is a huge factor in sports and I think it's foolish to pretend it's not.

You think mahomes sits back there as long as he did if phillips/chubb are in there?? If you are evaluating last season and not considering injuries in your valuation then you have an extremely flawed valuation imo.

He looked great on a couple WR screens and end arounds in the pre season

I was hoping to have him as a larger 3rd option but with his injury I don't think it will happen

We'll see
Whether or not EZ ever does enough to develop into a reliable #3 has nothing to do with his skill set. For this to ever happen, first, his neck problem, whatever it was, must be 100% okay. Then he must mentally be able to grasp the responsibilities of every WR role in the McDaniel offense. Because Mike expects the #3 to be able to come in for Hill or Waddle, interchangeably or line up with them as the 3rd WR, wide or in the slot. Motion across and into his route, or remain static till the snap and then take off. As a rookie, this was reportedly where EZ struggled, so Sherfield was used ahead of him. Cracraft at times too, or whoever else was available, but they kept EZ as the last WR on the roster all season. This was after a pretty good showing in his rookie preseason, so fans were taken by surprise for the most part.
Then he was getting used in a backup role the first two weeks in 2023, mostly with designed runs, and we all know which SF gets used most with designed runs. Then completely out of the blue from a fan perspective, we hear he was placed on NFI with a neck issue. I do not believe it was ever made completely clear to the public when, where, or how the neck condition happened. We do not know for sure if he was physically ready to come off NFI before the end of last season, and the team just decided they could not afford to use one of their returns from IR/NFI on EZ, considering how they had to use so many on players who would apparently be needed for more snaps. So here we are now. He is back on the roster, indicating he has recovered from the neck issue. The first two games last season showed enough to indicate a plan for using him. Even though it did not appear to be in a traditional #3 WR role. So, even when we sign OBJ, and he fills the #3 role, I'd expect EZ to be the 4th or 5th WR active on game days and they design some more ways to utilize his skill set for a modest number of offensive snaps most weeks. If one of the top 3 WRs has to miss time, then we may see EZ take on the #3 WR snaps.

I hate when people cry about injuries

It’s ***** drivel

When I played college ball and when teammates went down you never even thought about, it was always next man up

Ugh
WaddleWaddle offered some perspective and context. How the two situations were not comparable other than raw totals. He was not crying.

Whether or not EZ ever does enough to develop into a reliable #3 has nothing to do with his skill set. For this to ever happen, first, his neck problem, whatever it was, must be 100% okay. Then he must mentally be able to grasp the responsibilities of every WR role in the McDaniel offense. Because Mike expects the #3 to be able to come in for Hill or Waddle, interchangeably or line up with them as the 3rd WR, wide or in the slot. Motion across and into his route, or remain static till the snap and then take off. As a rookie, this was reportedly where EZ struggled, so Sherfield was used ahead of him. Cracraft at times too, or whoever else was available, but they kept EZ as the last WR on the roster all season. This was after a pretty good showing in his rookie preseason, so fans were taken by surprise for the most part.
Then he was getting used in a backup role the first two weeks in 2023, mostly with designed runs, and we all know which SF gets used most with designed runs. Then completely out of the blue from a fan perspective, we hear he was placed on NFI with a neck issue. I do not believe it was ever made completely clear to the public when, where, or how the neck condition happened. We do not know for sure if he was physically ready to come off NFI before the end of last season, and the team just decided they could not afford to use one of their returns from IR/NFI on EZ, considering how they had to use so many on players who would apparently be needed for more snaps. So here we are now. He is back on the roster, indicating he has recovered from the neck issue. The first two games last season showed enough to indicate a plan for using him. Even though it did not appear to be in a traditional #3 WR role. So, even when we sign OBJ, and he fills the #3 role, I'd expect EZ to be the 4th or 5th WR active on game days and they design some more ways to utilize his skill set for a modest number of offensive snaps most weeks. If one of the top 3 WRs has to miss time, then we may see EZ take on the #3 WR snaps.

Hope you are right. I thought he might be out of football when they talked about his injury

Pulling for him to do well and help us out

Ask the Rodgers and the Packers how they won a SB with 14 people on IR

Crying about injuries is just a poor excuse. You at least win a playoff game. This is all on McD because of his one dimensional offense. We need a funadamental change and it looks as though he’s finally leaning that way
Dude we literally were signing people out of retirement to field a team. It’s not an excuse it is a fact and if you thought we were winning at chiefs with half our team hurt then you are delusional. I do agree that we need some changes offensively

Man I wish this guy could've built off of that rookie year pre season. I was so hopeful he'd develop into something competent

For sure but imo there's a difference between crying about injuries and adjusting your expectations dependent on the lineup you have out there. I would never expect the offense to perform at the same level with a line of jackson-hunt-williams-wynn-armstead as an offense with jackson-jones-eichenberg-cotton-lamm or even jackson-hunt-eich-jones-lamm. The talent we had on the field in that playoff game was not even close to the talent level of our full roster. Health is a huge factor in sports and I think it's foolish to pretend it's not.

You think mahomes sits back there as long as he did if phillips/chubb are in there?? If you are evaluating last season and not considering injuries in your valuation then you have an extremely flawed valuation imo.
My point is every team has multiple injuries every year. It actually shouldn’t be even talked about it anymore. It’s the fabric of the NFL

Dude we literally were signing people out of retirement to field a team. It’s not an excuse it is a fact and if you thought we were winning at chiefs with half our team hurt then you are delusional. I do agree that we need some changes offensively
It happens to every team every year. No one is crying for us and they shouldn’t. It shouldn’t even be a subject of conversation anymore

WaddleWaddle offered some perspective and context. How the two situations were not comparable other than raw totals. He was not crying.
All I saw Waddle do was always try to get back in the game after every injury. Hes a warrior
I was at that Philly game on Sunday night and he got banged up. He spent his time out on the sidelines rehabbing himself to get back into the game the whole time

It happens to every team every year. No one is crying for us and they shouldn’t. It shouldn’t even be a subject of conversation anymore
Every team did not have the amount of injuries as we did in fact we probably had the most. It’s a fact that the healthiest team usually wins in the end. How many starters were the chiefs down? Of every team was at full strength we would’ve been the one seed and would’ve been in the afc title game at a minimum the last two years.

Every team did not have the amount of injuries as we did in fact we probably had the most. It’s a fact that the healthiest team usually wins in the end. How many starters were the chiefs down? Of every team was at full strength we would’ve been the one seed and would’ve been in the afc title game at a minimum the last two years.
I still don’t know why you’re relying on this excuse. We’re not the only team in history this has happened to

We lost plain and simple. We lost because our coach who thinks he’s a playmaker doesn’t game plan and is a one trick pony play caller. Does he learn from here? We’ll see.

Back
Top Bottom