OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

I still don’t know why you’re relying on this excuse. We’re not the only team in history this has happened to

We lost plain and simple. We lost because our coach who thinks he’s a playmaker doesn’t game plan and is a one trick pony play caller. Does he learn from here? We’ll see.
Ok cool but you have unrealistic expectations my friend

In thinking we would’ve won the playoff game at KC down like 14 starters
Don’t think so. McD is not mentally prepared to win games that are big and against good teams. Mahomes finds ways to win and he did it in Germany and in those icy conditions on their way to winning another SB.
It’s pretty clear what happens to McD in these big spots healthy or not and we were healthy enough in Germany

Don’t think so. McD is not mentally prepared to win games that are big and against good teams. Mahomes finds ways to win and he did it in Germany and in those icy conditions on their way to winning another SB.
It’s pretty clear what happens to McD in these big spots healthy or not and we were healthy enough in Germany

Yeah the Germany game was a red flag for me. We seemed to be building up to it, were very healthy and still lost. That said you can’t blame McD for Tua missing a wide open WR for the tying TD of Connor Williams trying to snap it through the opposite uprights. Even still, so many plays in a football game I hate putting the game on 1 or 2 which is why you’ll seldom hear me cry about officiating. Plenty of chances.

I think it def is fair to realize that we were not the same team or going to play the same at the end of the year with our injuries. Also, other teams had injuries like us and others did not.

It is not fair to say that every team had injuries like us. For example the bills were one of 5 teams in the nfl that were able to start the same line every game. We started over 13 combos of the line. We only had our projected starters for the online for about 6 quarters.

If you think that every team had the same amount of injuries then you don't follow the other teams injury reports close enough.
Browns, chargers, ravens, texans, dolphins and a few others were killed with injuries. Jets because they lost rodgers too. There were others as well.

But there were teams that remained healthy as well during the regular season.

A team like the steelers were only down 2 starters for the entire year on IR . Yes they lost guys for a few games here and there but they only had 2 starters on IR during season. Meaning out for the season. Their two inside linebackers.

Buffalo lost three starters for the year. Linebacker, corner, and dt. Their online didn't miss a game. They did start losing guys in the playoffs.

San Fran also stayed healthy as well this year. I don't have their numbers handy now but they did not lose many starters for the year or go through different line combos. So not all teams have injuries that we had. And I think it is fair to say that the team will not continue to play at the same level when this happens unless you have pat mahomes or one or two other guys that really can overcome that. If you want to say that tua can not overcome that so far then I think that is very fair. He seems to need things to run at optimal conditions to have success.

I think it def is fair to realize that we were not the same team or going to play the same at the end of the year with our injuries. Also, other teams had injuries like us and others did not.

It is not fair to say that every team had injuries like us. For example the bills were one of 5 teams in the nfl that were able to start the same line every game. We started over 13 combos of the line. We only had our projected starters for the online for about 6 quarters.

If you think that every team had the same amount of injuries then you don't follow the other teams injury reports close enough.
Browns, chargers, ravens, texans, dolphins and a few others were killed with injuries. Jets because they lost rodgers too. There were others as well.

But there were teams that remained healthy as well during the regular season.

A team like the steelers were only down 2 starters for the entire year on IR . Yes they lost guys for a few games here and there but they only had 2 starters on IR during season. Meaning out for the season. Their two inside linebackers.

Buffalo lost three starters for the year. Linebacker, corner, and dt. Their online didn't miss a game. They did start losing guys in the playoffs.

San Fran also stayed healthy as well this year. I don't have their numbers handy now but they did not lose many starters for the year or go through different line combos. So not all teams have injuries that we had. And I think it is fair to say that the team will not continue to play at the same level when this happens unless you have pat mahomes or one or two other guys that really can overcome that. If you want to say that tua can not overcome that so far then I think that is very fair. He seems to need things to run at optimal conditions to have success.
Injuries are obviously a huge part of the game. Yet it is usually the team that suffers the fewest injuries to their key starters that end up winning the SB.

The Dolphins ended up losing Phillips, Chubb, and Williams to IR late in the season. Hunt, Armstead, Waddle,
Mostert, and Baker battled injuries late in the season and played the playoff game well under 100% healthy.

Holland and Howard both missed the playoff game against the Chiefs with injuries.

It is extremely hard to win any game with 5 starters out of the game, much less against the Chiefs in sub zero weather.

"Things went great with him," McDaniel told reporters of the visit, according to the Miami Herald. "We did make him an offer and business takes time, especially with players such as Odell, who's had a phenomenal career, still has really good football in front of him and has options. So, I think those conversations will be ongoing. We'll see where they go."

McDaniel added that he is "definitely ready to coach him if we can come to an agreement and I think both sides are trying to work towards that. We'll see what happens."
really sounds like he’s gonna be a dolphin

really sounds like he’s gonna be a dolphin

I am right at 50/50 on the odds. Wouldn't bet on it or against it either way. Its certainly not a case of the Dolphins would be overpaying for him, its a matter of whether he wants to accept less to be somewhere that would make him happiest and his impact would be maximized given his age. There are so few teams that would make sense for him.

He would certainly lock up the entire skill position groups before going into the draft so that would be a huge benefit for the FO in terms of draft prep. They can zero in on the big guys, not that I think they'd draft a WR with one of those first two picks anyway. I think whoever takes that WR3 role in Miami is doing so knowing its likely a one year gig.

I am right at 50/50 on the odds. Wouldn't bet on it or against it either way. Its certainly not a case of the Dolphins would be overpaying for him, its a matter of whether he wants to accept a less to be somewhere that would make him happiest and his impact would be maximized given his age. There are so few teams that would make sense for him.

Certainly would lock up the entire skill position sets before going into the draft so that would be a huge benefit for the FO in terms of draft prep. They can zero in on the big guys, not that I think they'd draft a WR with one of those first two picks anyway. I think whoever takes that WR3 role in Miami is doing so knowing its likely a one year gig.
McDaniel mentioned his affinity for Miami and some of the players we have, also with his number projected taxes will be factored into the decision I would think, plus I don’t think he has many suitors jmo

McDaniel mentioned his affinity for Miami and some of the players we have, also with his number projected taxes will be factored into the decision I would think, plus I don’t think he has many suitors jmo

I think Houston would be a decent fit. Maybe Pittsburgh. Maybe Atlanta.

Dude we literally were signing people out of retirement to field a team. It’s not an excuse it is a fact and if you thought we were winning at chiefs with half our team hurt then you are delusional. I do agree that we need some changes offensively
Why are you focusing on just the last playoff whimper of a game? Was it injuries in week 4, 7, 9, etc? Offense couldn't do jack against playoff caliber squads (outside of an initial drive or two) all year no matter who played on the line. Whining about injuries is not the way to go through your football life folks.

Every team did not have the amount of injuries as we did in fact we probably had the most. It’s a fact that the healthiest team usually wins in the end. How many starters were the chiefs down? Of every team was at full strength we would’ve been the one seed and would’ve been in the afc title game at a minimum the last two years.
I love revisionist day dreaming. Why stop at AFC title game? Bring home the trophy, both years, why not.

All I saw Waddle do was always try to get back in the game after every injury. Hes a warrior
I was at that Philly game on Sunday night and he got banged up. He spent his time out on the sidelines rehabbing himself to get back into the game the whole time
Don't be obtuse. You know I was referring to the poster whose user name is WaddleWaddle. not the player Waddle.

Back
Top Bottom