OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

If a great value QB drops to 21, you trade the pick. You don't take another QB when we have holes and QB isn't one of them.
I really like that idea....that being said...what compensation do you accept? Would we be going by the charts or because we know the team we are trading with covets that QB do we ask for a little more?

You can also check the "Cook is Cooking" thread to assess any movement in that front....
Maybe Dalvin can invite OBJ along to his big FH BBQ. Hey, invite Kim Kardashian and her sisters and their plastic surgeon and attorneys, as well. Everyone will get fed.

I really like that idea....that being said...what compensation do you accept? Would we be going by the charts or because we know the team we are trading with covets that QB do we ask for a little more?
As much as we can get

Both those teams are competing with Mahomes and Kansas City too. So, I would do anything in my power to move up if they don't view Nix or Penix as the answer. You aren't going to compete with Mahomes with mid-level quarterbacks. Not saying those two are, but if that's the evaluation you either wait until 2025 or trade a boatload of picks to move up for McCarthy, Daniels etc.

As to Nix, I think he'd actually be a perfect fit in Miami's offense. At least the way it is currently constructed, get the ball out quickly and accurately to playmakers. I think Nix could do that and add the athletic element that Tua doesn't have.

Again, just to be clear, I'd stick with Tua. But I think it's worth discussing.

To play devil's advocate ... If we are discussing QB's who have the athletic element that Tua doesn't.... why not Spencer Rattler?

To play devil's advocate ... If we are discussing QB's who have the athletic element that Tua doesn't.... why not Spencer Rattler?
It's a good topic. Honestly, I haven't seen much of Rattler, but at least he wouldn't cost a team a 1st rounder. Miami could, conceivably, move off White's contract and evaluate Rattler in the system.

Upgrading over Tua, is probably harder than people think. His anticipation, touch and accuracy really fits the offense. Those skills would be hard to match. He generally does a good job using his eyes too, looking receivers off etc.

I think you could upgrade athletically, arm strength (although I'm not sure that matters much), size and durability.

The maybe's are decision making and clutch play. Tua has showed well in the clutch in the past, but not so much in 2023.

I think his decision making has to be better and I think Tua can improve there.

Last edited:
It's a good topic. Honestly, I haven't seen much of Rattler, but at least he wouldn't cost a team a 1st rounder. Miami could, conceivably, move off White's contract and evaluate Rattler in the system.

Upgrading over Tua, is probably harder than people think. His anticipation, touch and accuracy really fits the offense. Those skills would be hard to match. He generally does a good job using his eyes too, look receivers off etc

I think you could upgrade athletically, arm strength (although I'm not sure that matters much), size and durability.

The maybe's are decision making and clutch play. Tua has showed well in the clutch in the past, but not so much in 2023.

I think he's decision making has to be better and I think Tua can improve there.

He was supposed to be the next big thing coming of outta HS and at OU* then reality got in the way.

I really didn't follow him much while he was at S Carolina. In fact, I forgot about him until he was mentioned a segment** on Path to the Draft (NflN) last night

SR is definitely a day 2 prospect. If he's there in round 4; I'd seriously think of pulling the trigger .... provided the phins had one. He IMO has more upside than Joe Milton who is hardcore boom or bust. Nor do I worry about regression like I do with Nix.

In terms of talent, he is an upgrade over White & Skyler. Whether he's a fit for McD's scheme is TBD.

* = he was part of the Lincoln Riley system of which I'm skeptical

** = the same segment that claimed Penix was the prototypical Raider QB.

Upgrading over Tua, is probably harder than people think. His anticipation, touch and accuracy really fits the offense. Those skills would be hard to match. He generally does a good job using his eyes too, look receivers off etc

I think he's decision making has to be better and I think Tua can improve there.
Every time I see Rattler I think of this meme. No thanks on the Wish Mahomes lol.

1000039517.jpg

He was supposed to be the next big thing coming of outta HS and at OU* then reality got in the way.

I really didn't follow him much while he was at S Carolina. In fact, I forgot about him until he was mentioned a segment** on Path to the Draft (NflN) last night

SR is definitely a day 2 prospect. If he's there in round 4; I'd seriously think of pulling the trigger .... provided the phins had one. He IMO has more upside than Joe Milton who is hardcore boom or bust. Nor do I worry about regression like I do with Nix.

In terms of talent, he is an upgrade over White & Skyler. Whether he's a fit for McD's scheme is TBD.

* = he was part of the Lincoln Riley system of which I'm skeptical

** = the same segment that claimed Penix was the prototypical Raider QB.
How would you compare Rattler to Travis, from Florida State?

Problem with Rattler is that he plays like he's a better athlete than he is, and in general I think he's too slow-footed to make it work at a plus-starter level in the NFL.

Great arm talent - will take a hit and rifle a ball with accuracy. If he makes it work anywhere, an Arthur Smith style of offense, would probably be his best fit. He's a very different player overall, but his strengths are the same ones that allowed Tannehill to thrive in that Tennessee offense. Tannehill's a LOT more athletic, though.

I know a guy who scouts college players and he says Rattler has the best arm talent in the draft. Others say Joe Milton does though.
Rattler would be a significant upgrade for the #2 QB spot and should be available at 55. His added athletic element you mention is nice to have in a backup when he has to enter the game on a moment's notice.

I know a guy who scouts college players and he says Rattler has the best arm talent in the draft. Others say Joe Milton does though.
Rattler would be a significant upgrade for the #2 QB spot and should be available at 55. His added athletic element you mention is nice to have in a backup when he has to enter the game on a moment's notice.

I recall Milton putting on a show at the underwear olympics (combine) whereas as Rattler was 2024 Senior Bowl MVP

Back
Top Bottom