OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

Anything is possible with this team.....I think there are 4 positions that are possible with our top pick this year......OL/WR/DT/Edge

none of those would surprise me......any other position and I'd probably not be happy
At 21 I do not like the DT prospects.

According to Vegas the odds are heavily weighted towards us taking a Olinemen.

If it happens, it might be after the draft and June when more money is freed up.

Then again, Miami may just draft a receiver high. That's still a possibility.
This is a receiver rich draft, but I think it would be a mistake not to take care of DT, OT first?

This is a receiver rich draft, but I think it would be a mistake not to take care of DT, OT first?
Agree. If Miami trades down and adds a pick, then Grier can maybe target a receiver.

Lots of speculation flying about teams that could trade up with Miami. KC has added picks so that'spossible, SF could be a partner.

An additional late 2nd rounder could be Legette, Rice maybe Franklin??

Agree. If Miami trades down and adds a pick, then Grier can maybe target a receiver.

Lots of speculation flying about teams that could trade up with Miami. KC has added picks so that'spossible, SF could be a partner.

An additional late 2nd rounder could be Legette, Rice maybe Franklin??
As much as I want us to trade down for more picks, I don’t see it happening unless a team blows us away with an offer. With the obscene amount of picks we have had since 2019, Grier has traded down in the 1st round one time draft day (in 2020). That being said, he has traded up on draft day a single time as well in 2021. For reference, I am only considering day 1 and 2 picks here. Ironically, those picks ended up being two of the worst guys we have drafted under him; Iggy and Eichenberg.

Knowing our FO, I expect us to take the guy we want at 21 and 51. The only wildcard I see is maybe we trade up from 55 if we have a target we are worried about missing on.

Obviously it all depends on how the draft unfolds and who's available or maybe slips through.

Top tier OT,
" " DT
" " Edge
also could see WR Brian Tomas also hard to pass even though we have a solid 1&2, he's just to good to not consider.
Would be mind blowing if they actually got an OL tackle/guard. Still head scratching with their past value of the importance of That line. maybe since they are going to pay Tua a nice chunk they might realize the importance of a upright QB.
The way Grier is playing it should be a very interesting Draft with some really good options at 21 an even later...(deep draft)

As much as I want us to trade down for more picks, I don’t see it happening unless a team blows us away with an offer. With the obscene amount of picks we have had since 2019, Grier has traded down in the 1st round one time draft day (in 2020). That being said, he has traded up on draft day a single time as well in 2021. For reference, I am only considering day 1 and 2 picks here. Ironically, those picks ended up being two of the worst guys we have drafted under him; Iggy and Eichenberg.

Knowing our FO, I expect us to take the guy we want at 21 and 51. The only wildcard I see is maybe we trade up from 55 if we have a target we are worried about missing on.
So many possibilities. I could definitely see Miami standing pat, or not finding a trading partner.

If Grier doesn't make a trade, I agree DT and offensive line are most likely. Almost obvious picks.

But with so few picks, I do think Grier will want to add a pick or two.

Obviously it all depends on how the draft unfolds and who's available or maybe slips through.

Top tier OT,
" " DT
" " Edge
also could see WR Brian Tomas also hard to pass even though we have a solid 1&2, he's just to good to not consider.
Would be mind blowing if they actually got an OL tackle/guard. Still head scratching with their past value of the importance of That line. maybe since they are going to pay Tua a nice chunk they might realize the importance of a upright QB.
The way Grier is playing it should be a very interesting Draft with some really good options at 21 an even later...(deep draft)
To that point, if Bo Nix somehow is available at 21, I don't think you pass on him. He's consistently being mocked really high so it's not likely.

I'm a fan of Tua, but that would give Miami options to see how his game develops and to evaluate Nix in this offense. Keep Tua, trade Nix? Move on from Tua and have a quarterback on a rookie deal?

A mid-round option might be Jordan Travis, who does some things really well and could challenge Thompson or White for a backup role. Not even sure what round he is projected to be picked, but maybe 3rd or 4th.

OK boys it's our pick and

Laiatu Latu
Taliese Fuaga
Troy Fautanu
JC Latham
Brian Thomas Jr.
Johnny Newton

are there. Who's the pick?

Hey SF

The thought of getting rid of Tua doesn't exist in my head. 20+ years of not having a QB and now being gifted with Tua and not seeing the unbelievable value is a true sign of being Marino spoiled

To that point, if Bo Nix somehow is available at 21, I don't think you pass on him. He's consistently being mocked really high so it's not likely.

I'm a fan of Tua, but that would give Miami options to see how his game develops and to evaluate Nix in this offense. Keep Tua, trade Nix? Move on from Tua and have a quarterback on a rookie deal?

A mid-round option might be Jordan Travis, who does some things really well and could challenge Thompson or White for a backup role. Not even sure what round he is projected to be picked, but maybe 3rd or 4th.
Nix was a decent college QB at Oregon but was mediocre at Auburn. If he available in the 7th round, perhaps Miami can draft him to be competition for the 3rd string QB position.

I don’t see Nix ever being a quality starter in the NFL and he is no where close to Tua at the QB position.

The Dolphins have far too many needs on their roster at other positions. They have no need at the QB position so hopefully they won’t waste a pick on a QB unless it’s with their 7th round pick.

Nix was a decent college QB at Oregon but was mediocre at Auburn. If he available in the 7th round, perhaps Miami can draft him to be competition for the 3rd string QB position.

I don’t see Nix ever being a quality starter in the NFL and he is no where close to Tua at the QB position.

The Dolphins have far too many needs on their roster at other positions. They have no need at the QB position so hopefully they won’t waste a pick on a QB unless it’s with their 7th round pick.
Decent at Oregon?? That's ridiculous. Heisman finalists are never just decent. He was outstanding throughout his tenure at Oregon. Nix may fall to the 2nd, but no further. And if he did get drafted by the Dolphins he would be immediately the #2.
7th round and competition for the 3rd string QB...LMAO.
His senior season, 4508 yards, 77% completions, 9.6 yards per attempt, 45 TD passes, and 3 ints and you dare to call that simply "decent"?

Not sure how Nix will be in the NFL, but I think we'll agree it's not likely he gets out of the 1st round.

No way on Nix in the first. As I stated only way a QB in the first is if McCarthy was there at 21 (which looks highly unlikely). A lot of mocks have Nix late first or even in the second. Him and Penix seem to flip around and will go anywhere from mid 1st to 2nd round. Both thise two are 2nd round talent QBs. They may go first round because teams always overdraft QBs when they are in need. It is fine to reach on a QB if you need a QB. Miami doesn't NEED a QB. Only way you take a QB is if a top talent fell for some reason (think Marino 83). So unless one if the top 4 QBs in this draft fell, no way do you take QB at 21. Both Nix/Penix are not those type QBs. Both are super Srs who struggled when in conferences that played defense and didn't put up big numbers till in pass happy Os in the Pac were D seams optional at times. Penix/Nix very well may be great but way to many red flags for Miami's situation.

Back
Top Bottom