OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

I don't think they need to wait til June but they might wait til after the draft. They can sign him now and give him a guaranteed roster bonus payable anytime after June 1st.

As far as drafting a receiver high, I don't believe that's a possibility at all.
Anything is possible with this team.....I think there are 4 positions that are possible with our top pick this year......OL/WR/DT/Edge

none of those would surprise me......any other position and I'd probably not be happy

I don't think they need to wait til June but they might wait til after the draft. They can sign him now and give him a guaranteed roster bonus payable anytime after June 1st.

As far as drafting a receiver high, I don't believe that's a possibility at all.
More likely if Grier trades down and gets more picks.

More likely if Grier trades down and gets more picks.

As things stand now it would be hard for me to consider a WR over a handful of OL spots. WR3 isn't going to cost us wins, all 5 OL spots could. And we need to start finding guys who will play with Tua for the next 5-6 years, minimum.

All things being equal in terms of player grades, i'm easily taking an edge rusher and DT over a WR as well.

I'd rather pay for a 1 year WR3 and look to next years draft to add youth to that group. Jonnu Smith and Jody Fortson should factor as pass catching TE's too.

Anything is possible with this team.....I think there are 4 positions that are possible with our top pick this year......OL/WR/DT/Edge

none of those would surprise me......any other position and I'd probably not be happy

One of those positions would surprise me. I'd take a CB before I took a WR and I like Cam Smith more than anyone.

As things stand now it would be hard for me to consider a WR over a handful of OL spots. WR3 isn't going to cost us wins, all 5 OL spots could. And we need to start finding guys who will play with Tua for the next 5-6 years, minimum.

All things being equal in terms of player grades, i'm easily taking an edge rusher and DT over a WR as well.

I'd rather pay for a 1 year WR3 and look to next years draft to add youth to that group. Jonnu Smith and Jody Fortson should factor as pass catching TE's too.
Makes sense. I think that's what Miami is trying to do with OBJ.

Makes sense. I think that's what Miami is trying to do with OBJ.

Michael Gallup is another guy who could really benefit from a 1 year deal to re-prove himself. This is exactly the offense where he could ease into things and not have the pressure associated with a big contract and statistical benchmarks required to justify the money he's making. Assuming they feel confident his athleticism has come back.

Michael Gallup is another guy who could really benefit from a 1 year deal to re-prove himself. This is exactly the offense where he could ease into things and not have the pressure associated with a big contract and statistical benchmarks required to justify the money he's making. Assuming they feel confident his athleticism has come back.
Good call. I think he was on Miami's radar a few years back, then got a monster deal.

I think Dallas decided to keep Gallup over Wilson back then. I believe we looked at both at the time.

One of those positions would surprise me. I'd take a CB before I took a WR and I like Cam Smith more than anyone.
Normally the only positions I'd want with our top pick is QB/WR/OT/CB/Edge

but you also have to look at your roster and what makes sense.....I'm always wanting a playmaking WR.....if a guy like Brian Thomas is there at 21 then you'd have to strongly consider him.....he's be WR #3 right away with the potential to be at least #2 or even #1 in a couple of years

having said that, OL is our weakest link so that's what I'd want

Man-I'm really torn between OL and DL. Both lines are not good, but defensively there is no one on the line but Sieler.

Man-I'm really torn between OL and DL. Both lines are not good, but defensively there is no one on the line but Sieler.
to me is very easy.....OL was our weakest link last year and we lost our best two players(Williams/Hunt)....on top of that we know Tua needs better protection in order to be the best he can be.....give Tua time and he'll beat any team.......OTOH last year we had Wilkins and that still wasn’t enough to win the division because our offense couldn’t score enough against good teams.

Also keep in mind our new DC seems to want to have a deeper rotation at DT and that's why we brought in 6 DT's this off season.

There's no doubt in my mind that OL should be the priority but the team might not feel that way once again.

to me is very easy.....OL was our weakest link last year and we lost our best two players(Williams/Hunt)....on top of that we know Tua needs better protection in order to be the best he can be.....give Tua time and he'll beat any team.......OTOH last year we had Wilkins and that still wasn’t enough to win the division because our offense couldn’t score enough against good teams.

Also keep in mind our new DC seems to want to have a deeper rotation at DT and that's why we brought in 6 DT's this off season.

There's no doubt in my mind that OL should be the priority but the team might not feel that way once again.
I hear ya. It's not good on either side of the ball. I just think they are going to get the ball stuffed down their throats this year. Yes, they may have a deep DL rotation, but will any of them be any good? None of them inspire confidence. Maybe someone steps up and surprises...but could be a long year ahead.

I hear ya. It's not good on either side of the ball. I just think they are going to get the ball stuffed down their throats this year. Yes, they may have a deep DL rotation, but will any of them be any good? None of them inspire confidence. Maybe someone steps up and surprises...but could be a long year ahead.
well, at least I think our LB's will be better with Brooks next to David Long.....CB should be better too....it's all about how the defense does overall but nothing will matter if our offense can score enough and for that to happen we need our OL fixed....at least that's how I see it

The question I would ask is how long do we wait for OBJ's answer. Do we wait a month till the draft or give him another week or so then look at someone else?

Back
Top Bottom