Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search

My only concern with Rizzi, especially, is who he'd be able to get as OC and DC. He's been in Miami for years now so he doesn't have the working connections that coaches from outside organizations would have, guys who've been with multiple other teams moving up the ladder over that time span. With that said he's my preferred choice and he'd help to heal the mistakes we made not giving head coaching chances to Campbell, Bowles, and possibly even Jim Bates. One thing I really like about having a ST coach as HC is that he won't go in with an arrogance that his style of offense or defense is the way to go since he's made his way as a top tier ST coach.

I'd be all for Harbaugh as well but not for more than a 3rd round pick, tops. We need all the picks we can get and we won't fix the numerous issues we have by giving those picks up. One positive with Harbaugh is that he worked with a brilliant GM in terms of finding elite level players and I'd assume Harbaugh learned a thing or two from him being in the war room for many of those picks.

Head coach won't matter a lick if we don't have a viable QB going forward. 2020 draft is so important for this team

So no other teams looking for head coaches already have a GM in place? Other than not liking Grier how is the Dolphins power structure that much different than other teams in the running?
It's not so much the structure. The timing of putting the structure together is a problem and the people in the structure are a problem. Grier has been long part of the dysfunction and Grier answers to Ross and Ross is the last person in the building that should have final say on football related decisions. How many teams that have this structure did it the manner we did? I mean if Ross has final say on the coach, why not hire a coach and then create your power structure. I think it would be a more attractive position for head coaching candidates.

Where does he help us.. what part of the team do we get to know gets better...
With Richard woking with X and Fitz and mccain all 25 and under i would think the secondary is improved I would think at the D as a whole is improved

Back
Top Bottom