Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2016_09_29_at_11.28.12_PM_1024x561.0.png

They will bet on anything in Vegas:

Odds to be Next Miami Dolphins Head Coach
Head Coach candidate
Darren Rizzi +200
Vic Fangio +350
Brian Flores +400
Dan Campbell +600
Eric Bieniemy +600
Mike Munchak +650
John Harbaugh +900
Dan Marino +10000
*Odds taken 1/5

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/nfl/odds-favor-rizzi-dolphins-coach-search/

That's fine with me...even if only as an interim point C to point B guy....

At this point, I want Rizzi. Had this been a complete rebuild then I would have wanted a proven coach... But no proven commodity is going to come to this clown show.

The only chance we have is to take gambles on these unproven hot commodity coordinators which are very risky as we have seen.

We might as well see what Rizzi can do, he has earned his due.

Last edited:
Odds look pretty accurate to me. Though I think I'd swap Fangino and Rizzi.

I don’t understand why? No other team besides the Phins have interviewed him for HC. If he really was something great wouldn’t a bunch of these HC needy teams be knocking down the door to ask permission for an interview?
If he becomes the HC of the Dolphins I will be thoroughly upset.

I think we make a run a John Harbaugh, when that fails we are left with Rizzi. All other potential candidates will sign with more attractive teams.

At this point, I want Rizzi. Had this been a complete rebuild then I would have wanted a proven coach... But no proven commodity is going to come to this clown show.

The only chance we have is to take gambles on these unproven hot commodity coordinators which are very risky as we have seen.

We might as well see what Rizzi can do, he has earned his due.
If we really are blowing things up like Ross says it makes sense to give Rizzi a shot to see how he handles the team. I don't really know is attractive about this opening. You've got a firmly entrenched GM and an owner without a real vision. Your best player on a rookie contract is already talking about becoming the highest paid at his position. We don't have a great draft position, QB is probably on the outs, OL sucks, DL sucks.......

Miami brings in “sure thing” Jimmy Johnson to replace Shula. It ends badly. Miami scores a major coup by enticing Nick Saban to leave the college coaching ranks. It ends badly. In fact, every other coach in Miami Dolphin history not named “Shula” has crashed and burned. As a fan base, maybe we stop acting like we know which guy is a good hire/which guy is a bad hire and we actually take the wait and see approach.

I think there’s several reasons to like Rizzi as the next HC:

- Being that he is a ST coach, he would hire an OC and a DC and actually let them do their jobs which would allow him to perform his HC duties as opposed to meddling/focusing on 1 side of the ball (the exact opposite philosophy as Gase).

- It’s well documented that Rizzi doesn’t play politics or coddle to any players on the roster. Of all the HC candidates, I think Rizzi qualifies as the least likely to lose a locker room, which is huge in today’s NFL.

- The dude has top level intensity, but unlike Gase, he seems to be able to keep his emotions out of dictating coaching decisions.

- He’s already well versed in clock management and situational football considering most of those responsibilities fell to him while Gase was busy focusing on being an overpriced OC in HC clothing.

Some of you say hiring Rizzi would cement Miami’s status of NFL laughing stock. I actually think he’s my favorite candidate.

attitude reflects leadership. Compare Walmart to Costco. Walmart leaders are clearly good at running a rich business, but their employees are pretty miserable and underpaid. Costco is a good business though not very rich, but their employees are very happy people.

Rizzi may not be Harbaugh, but his guys like him. In life, riches aren't everything. Gotta enjoy what you do.

Look at Doug Pederson's resume. Not very impressive. Yet he won a Super Bowl....last year....and with a backup QB lol.

All this talk of tanking, I mean we were 7-9. Actually we should have been 9-7 because 2 of those losses were easy wins for us, we just made bonehead mistakes in the end. Other losses, well, we were missing many of our stars. Miami isn't exactly far away from being a contender...

Back
Top Bottom