Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search

No thanks on Rizzi. He’s part of this garbage culture. I don’t care that the players like him. Not sure that a positive or negative. It’s irrelvant.

Need a new voice and leader. Again give me Fangio. I know he will fix the defense and bring the toughness we need. He’s been in league 30 years. He built that defense in SF that was devasatating.

I said the exact same thing in another post. Gee, you think pampered & spoiled millionaire players would rather have an "easy" coach who buddies with them vs. a hard driving, demanding one who, OMG!!, demands performance & accountability for all the money they're getting?? As indicated by the past years of this mediocre team, they'd undoubtedly welcome the former and hope against the latter.

Anyway...on multiple sports shows, almost all have said the Dolphins coaching job is the least desired of any, and the most attractive coaching candidates will look elsewhere with Miami being the last resort.

Just the fact that they have actual odds on this is comical. Nobody outside of the Fins' brass have a clue of who it is going to be.

Last edited:
I'm not against this appointment if/when it happens because of Rizzi's credentials to do the job. My objection is that it's not nearly doing enough of a clean sweep that they should. Tannebaum is still employed (doing whatever he's doing) Grier still there with more extra responsibility, and the assistant head coach has been promoted and the QB is still here. It's like they've rewarded the majority of folks that were part of this organisation with promotions, or pay checks for doing nothing at all, except for one person whose probably going to land on his feet some place else in the same role he had at the fins. It just sends the wrong message and we'll probably be in the same position a couple of years down the line when it has all failed.

I don’t buy that it’s a bad job:
1st off there’s only 8 of em avaialble.
You can win in Miami
Players love it- weather/ tax free state
Patient owner- wealthy owner
Good history with Shula and Marino

I think it’s a bad job because of the power structure more than anything else.

I mean why agree to that if you don’t have to.

I’m sure miami will get turned down by someone or maybe multiples over it that we will never hear the truth about.

We will get the this was plan a all along media release trash.

The other reason I think it’s a bad job. South beach. I fully believe that life style being always right around the corner has effected things on the football field.

I don’t buy that it’s a bad job:
1st off there’s only 8 of em avaialble.
You can win in Miami
Players love it- weather/ tax free state
Patient owner- wealthy owner
Good history with Shula and Marino

There aren't 8 good coaches available, and the good ones will gravitate towards places with QB's in place or being developed.

"players love it" also means there are lots of distractions

Most owners are patient, most are wealthy...there are only a handful of exceptions

30-40 year old history means nothing, the Lions and Browns have great history too.

I’m sure miami will get turned down by someone or maybe multiples over it that we will never hear the truth about.

The other reason I think it’s a bad job. South beach. I fully believe that life style being always right around the corner has effected things on the football field.

Yes...that was the main point being stressed - for potential coaches, why take the job here with that variable when it would be more advantageous to take one of the other openings. So, as usual, if not Rizzi we'll probably get someone who winds up being turned down by the 7 other teams.

Harbaugh is the guy, and hopefully after this weekend he interviews the next day.
Just as a fun side, I'll take Rizzi, Mike Martz OC, Rex Ryan DC. Let that fun begin!

And there’s absolutely no way I believe John Harbaugh is coming here under this power structure.

I see that as 0.0 chance

Ross
Grier
New Head Coach

Why is that structure worse than other openings?

Dan Campbell
Wow!
I hadn't heard that.
Guess he's holding it against Ross for not keeping him after going 5-7 as interim.
I was actually in his corner to keep him and give it a shot.
In hindsight, it couldn't have been any worse than Gase.

Gase to Rizzi? This is why this franchise is a f-ing joke. I love Rizzi, but he ain't head coach material. Can I be wrong. Absolutely. Vic Fangio makes more sense. Are defense been a mess for a decade.

Back
Top Bottom