Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search

I generally don't have an issue with older coaches. In fact, on a contending team I typically prefer them. However, this is clearly a rebuilding project that will take up to 2-3 years, possibly longer. We are going to be a very young team. I don't know if a guy whwill be 61 when the 2019 season starts is the right man for this particular job.

I want a coach who is going to hit his prime when the team is ready to respond.
Marv Levy was 60 when he started coaching the Bills....he did OK.

There aren't 8 good coaches available, and the good ones will gravitate towards places with QB's in place or being developed.

"How many jobs are available?"

There are eight, and it's a stretch to put us in the top half of desirability.

"players love it" also means there are lots of distractions...

"you want a place that will attract FAs. It’s a positive not a negative."

Good players go where they think they can win, such as Payton Manning to Denver. Right now if I'm a coach or free agent, I'd rather go to Cleveland.

Most owners are patient, most are wealthy...there are only a handful of exceptions...

"so you agree that we are on right side of things."

I think people see our owner as a nice guy who wants to win, but our organization as dysfunctional.

30-40 year old history means nothing, the Lions and Browns have great history too.

"You rather play in Minnesota or Miami. Cmon."

At this moment, most players would go to Minnesota.

My point being there are only 8 openings. There are plenty of eligible candidates.
Again outside of Cleveland, NY and perhaps GB, I think Miami’s opening is the best job.
It’s a 2 year turnaround. Great opportunity.

Marv Levy is an anomaly and is probably the only example anyone can cite of a 60+ year old 1st time NFL HC succeeding.

Reich is off to a pretty good start, though he’s 56. Not sure how much of a difference 4 years makes. Zimmer was 58 when he started and has 2 playoff appearances and 1 NFC championship appearance. Bruce Arians was 61. Then there are several who didn’t have success. The success rate seems to be the same as younger coaches.

Can anyone find a video or GIF from 2016 when we preach the Browns I think. Where Darren Rizzi like hugs Adam Gase out of celebration and Adam shrugs him off?

If so, Rizzi will live or die by his OC/DC. Could he talk good ones into coming?

Just about every coach in football history lives or dies by his coordinators. This is true of ANY and EVERY coach we would hire. I dont know why people keep bringing this up.

Its like saying the farmer will need rain to be a success.

Gase to Rizzi? This is why this franchise is a f-ing joke. I love Rizzi, but he ain't head coach material. Can I be wrong. Absolutely. Vic Fangio makes more sense. Are defense been a mess for a decade.

expl:pain why he isnt head coach material? You obviously dont know him or worked with him. And you sure are not looking at his success with his unit which has been the only good one on this team being in the top every year, developed talent (see the kicker no one wanted who played at a pro bowl level 1st year) and have had several of his players to pro bowls.

Every new regime has kept him. He had nothing to do with gase's garbage and while gase was losing on every aspect of the team, rizzi was winning.

So, again, why isnt he "head coach material?

Darren Rizzi is either Larry Coker or Randy Shannon. :nuke:

If we were looking at an outsider coach and his resume said; his teams were at or near the top every year, players live and respect him EVERYWHERE he has been, front office people love him, intense, great personality, leader of men, holds players accountable, exellent tallent evaluator, has been retained by every new staff, has developed many players and several are pro bowlers AND......, he would accept an interview for the dolphins. Only one negative, he doesnt know our players or owner or gm. Thats always a gamble with outside coaches coming to a new team.

We would ALL be wanting that coach especially over the dennis allen bottom feeders available now.

Well......., WE HAVE THAT COACH!! Plus, he knows the players and office and owner and i think its a PLUS he has been kept by every new regime and excelled with them all. These are all the traights of a great head coach. His resume is stellar and looks like Bill Cowhers who was also a special teams coach who got a head coach gig. I also think he could round up a good staff as this is the kind of guy people want to work for.

He is absolutely my top choice now. Philbin and Gase were not rizxi's fault and you can bet he was glad when they got the bums rush off the property. Just think about what i wrote and you absolutely would want a coach from this years list with rizzi's resume. Plus, i have said before, we need to get this coach thing done NOW before the other teams load up on staff and leave us scraps.

A special teams coach...what does he bring to the table?

My point being there are only 8 openings. There are plenty of eligible candidates.
Again outside of Cleveland, NY and perhaps GB, I think Miami’s opening is the best job.
It’s a 2 year turnaround. Great opportunity.

only 8? really? 1/4 of the league

I think the Buccaneers job and Cardinals job are also more desirable.

I wish they’d beg a decent coach out of the broadcast booth like bill cower

I'm surprise Richard's not on that list. I actually think he's the one that gets the job.

I'm warming to him especially as I see this Cowboys D taking care of Wilson's Seahawks. Of those options he's close to the top of the list not that I think the list was right in the first place mind.

Well Rizi appears to look like a mad Irish man on the side lines at times which can give the appearance of a joke.
On the other hand I have enjoyed seeing Rizi chewing out some player on the sideline for some screw up on the players part. Thats the way to handle the account ability issues in the NFL these days.
As mentioned already my biggest question on a Rizzi hire would be who would be willing to serve as his DC OC for a firmer ST coach on a possible 1 year gig. Thats a big question mark.

Back
Top Bottom