Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odds Favor Darren Rizzi In Miami Dolphins Head Coach Search

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MIAMI. CUT THE GODDDAMMM UMBILICAL CORD TO THE FAILED PAST.

I'm warming to him especially as I see this Cowboys D taking care of Wilson's Seahawks. Of those options he's close to the top of the list not that I think the list was right in the first place mind.

He isn't even the DC. So what makes him more qualified than Rizz? Who says he has enough connections to put together a staff?? Got fired from the Seahawks. Rizz get fired for being a bad coach?? Just asking what qualifies 1 over the other??!!

I would have no problem with Rizzy. The fins have had three coaches who were supposed to be offensive wizards (Cameron, Philbin, and Gase) and all of them were anything but. I believe that Rizzy would actually function as a head coach should (be in charge of the overall team not focusing only on one aspect like Gase sitting on the bench ignoring everything). Rizzy has shown that he is not afraid of making on the spot corrections and teaching the players. The only caveat being, would he be able to lure quality coordinators?

At this point, I want Rizzi. Had this been a complete rebuild then I would have wanted a proven coach... But no proven commodity is going to come to this clown show.

The only chance we have is to take gambles on these unproven hot commodity coordinators which are very risky as we have seen.

We might as well see what Rizzi can do, he has earned his due.
I sort of agree with this. Gamble on somebody else’s asst coach becoming the next Belicheck or gamble on your own

He isn't even the DC. So what makes him more qualified than Rizz? Who says he has enough connections to put together a staff?? Got fired from the Seahawks. Rizz get fired for being a bad coach?? Just asking what qualifies 1 over the other??!!

And that was my initial reaction to him. I would have thought to land one of the top 32 jobs in the game you would a least need to be on the step right below. But look at the list, it's far from exciting. He's probably the one you feel may have the most potential in the role. Like I said in other threads I think the list is underwhelming and we should be looking to the college game for the answer but it seems like we are going down the tried and not trusted route of hiring understudies who've got no experience (or failed at previously) of the top job, I really don't get it, it's not like we've found a whole lot of success in the past in that route.

And that was my initial reaction to him. I would have thought to land one of the top 32 jobs in the game you would a least need to be on the step right below. But look at the list, it's far from exciting. He's probably the one you feel may have the most potential in the role. Like I said in other threads I think the list is underwhelming and we should be looking to the college game for the answer but it seems like we are going down the tried and not trusted route of hiring understudies who've got no experience (or failed at previously) of the top job, I really don't get it, it's not like we've found a whole lot of success in the past in that route.

The list should go
#1- try trade for Harbaugh
2- Gregg Williams- physical mindset and will be hungry now
3-Rizz- just as qualified as the others we have interviewed. Passion,respect and a leader. I think they postponed his interview till later to give him time to make some calls and see who he can bring to the table as far as OC and DC. Also maybe postponed to see what happened this weekend for option 1.

If we really are blowing things up like Ross says it makes sense to give Rizzi a shot to see how he handles the team. I don't really know is attractive about this opening. You've got a firmly entrenched GM and an owner without a real vision. Your best player on a rookie contract is already talking about becoming the highest paid at his position. We don't have a great draft position, QB is probably on the outs, OL sucks, DL sucks.......

I don’t think it’s blowing things up to decide to build thru the draft versus relying on high priced free agents.

I don’t consider it blowing things up to decide Ryan Tannehill is not the guy.

I don’t really consider it blowing things up to build on the youth you have with more youth...letting players near the end of their career go.

We have some nice young players to build with...we need to find our QB...and add some more pieces in the draft and this team will be fun to watch grow.

Need: QB in the draft, and a DC. Those are the basic two things to solve this year. They can do it this year. Those are the two primary reasons coaches get fired too, primary reasons they loose, you can go down the list this year or in the years past.
Darren Rizzi can be successful, he just needs to solve those two things, or better to say, Grier needs to solve them now.

The list should go
#1- try trade for Harbaugh
2- Gregg Williams- physical mindset and will be hungry now
3-Rizz- just as qualified as the others we have interviewed. Passion,respect and a leader. I think they postponed his interview till later to give him time to make some calls and see who he can bring to the table as far as OC and DC. Also maybe postponed to see what happened this weekend for option 1.
I agree with this, however I am not sure of the order.

Just about every coach in football history lives or dies by his coordinators. This is true of ANY and EVERY coach we would hire. I dont know why people keep bringing this up.

Its like saying the farmer will need rain to be a success.

Because it's important. People are choosing HCs based on experience, attitude, or other things. While those are important, the respect/stature of their peers is important in getting good people to join. I'm not certain Rizzi has that.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MIAMI. CUT THE GODDDAMMM UMBILICAL CORD TO THE FAILED PAST.

Rizzi's teams never never failures. He actually coached up a lot of guys, sent some to the pro bowl, unit at the top every year. Exellent talent evaluator. And how about that kicker rizzi pined for in the draft room over the big name guy who wasxa "cant miss" kicker? Rizzi's choice played at a pro bowl level.

So what traights are you looking for in a head coach?

For anyone arguing that twice failed Rex Ryan would have the players want to win for him, look at just a few of the reactions to Rizzi by players known for their excellence, hard work and/or performance. These are good players who love Rizzi. To me that's damn impressive. You get a coach players love and respect without the buffoonish embarrassments and track record of failures.

Back
Top Bottom