Odell Beckham Jr. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odell Beckham Jr.

I have long said that Lamar Jackson is overrated. He does not win big games. How can you be an MVP if you cannot win big games? How can he be the MVP over other great QB's when he cannot beat them when it counts the most?
Well, maybe you can explain your beliefs to the AP and NFLWA, along with his peers since you have presented such a compelling argument, so that they don’t vote for him in the future. I mean, you’ve long said it so it must be true.

I have long said that Lamar Jackson is overrated. He does not win big games. How can you be an MVP if you cannot win big games? How can he be the MVP over other great QB's when he cannot beat them when it counts the most?
I'm really starting to get you... per you, there's like 4 QBs in the NFL that deserved to get paid to play football.

How the **** does anyone spend time trying to reason with that non-sense?

Let’s try it this way. You are making a claim that is in direct conflict with what it accepted to be true. That’s fine, that’s how progress and change are made.

However, if you are going to make such a claim, a claim that goes against what is accepted as fact and backed up by that player’s peers, the writers who follow the sport every day of their lives, the analysts whose job it is to place value on such things, in other words, the people whose job it is to know better than you, then you had better have a better argument with actual statistics to back up your claim other than, “Lamar Jackson is overrated because I say so”.

Actually lay out your case. I’m always happy to change my mind in light of new information. I’d rather be proven wrong than cling to a disproven belief.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
Just average OL play, and I see superbowl.

But I don't expect average OL play. So I expect some great wins, but then horrible, horrible losses and loose bowels.

Odell Beckham Jr. is on a one-year deal with our squad and while he may not be the receiver he once was, he is still efficient, consistent, and capable of changing a games outcome. OBJ will be the afterthought in Miami's offense as it relates to defensive scheming and this may be the best system he has been on in his career. If defenses double Hill and Waddle as expected, OBJ could put up numbers that look closer to his Pro Bowl years.

View attachment 173084
Your right about one thing, he will be an after-thought, especially after he loses his #3 duties to Malik Washington.

A full season of Beckham would look something like 750 yards...5-6 touchdowns. 75 targets... 45+ catches.

As much as I like Cracraft. There is no way he or Berrios (or even combined.) can come close to that kind of production.

So it is a really significant upgrade.
Berrios..... Cracraft..... what year do you think this is?

I've seen some of your posts and wondered, just how far behind the normal poster your viewpoints are around here and this kinda opened my eyes.

Your in a different year entirely. Explains alot really.

Let’s try it this way. You are making a claim that is in direct conflict with what it accepted to be true. That’s fine, that’s how progress and change are made.

However, if you are going to make such a claim, a claim that goes against what is accepted as fact and backed up by that player’s peers, the writers who follow the sport every day of their lives, the analysts whose job it is to place value on such things, in other words, the people whose job it is to know better than you, then you had better have a better argument with actual statistics to back up your claim other than, “Lamar Jackson is overrated because I say so”.

Actually lay out your case. I’m always happy to change my mind in light of new information. I’d rather be proven wrong than cling to a disproven belief.

Edit: Spelling
Not looking to convince you... We can disagree and I am okay with that. I believe that it is okay for people to see things differently.

We live in an extreme offensive era... Unreal numbers....

So in an offensive league where we have video game numbers..... Who do we give the MVP to?

When there are 5-6 QB's putting up thesee incredible numbers.

Who is the MVP????

Rewind a few years back...

Tannehill goes to the Titans and starts producing like he is a hall of fame QB...

Led the league in Completion... QB rating.... Yards per pass.

Next year 4000+ yards 40+ touchdowns combined top 3 in QB rating and Completion %...

He did not get a single MVP vote.

Mind you the Titans went into New England and knocked off the defending superbowl champs... And ended coming up a play short from making the superbowl....

Not one single MVP vote.

So go ahead and you explain it to me... Convince me that Jackson with lesser numbers and no playoff wins was deserving of those MVP's

6 years in the league... 2 playoff wins.

But they gave him Multiple MVP's

Like I said.... Overrated.

Tua and Lamar same number of Touchdowns.(last year)

Who had more yards combined... Tua..

Who had a higher completion% Tua
Yards per pass... Tua

Lamar wins the MVP Tua does not get a single vote.

Ergo overrated.

Tua Did not get a single vote despite beating Lamar Jackson in most offensive categories.

Not looking to convince you... We can disagree and I am okay with that. I believe that it is okay for people to see things differently.

We live in an extreme offensive era... Unreal numbers....

So in an offensive league where we have video game numbers..... Who do we give the MVP to?

When there are 5-6 QB's putting up thesee incredible numbers.

Who is the MVP????

Rewind a few years back...

Tannehill goes to the Titans and starts producing like he is a hall of fame QB...

Led the league in Completion... QB rating.... Yards per pass.

Next year 4000+ yards 40+ touchdowns combined top 3 in QB rating and Completion %...

He did not get a single MVP vote.

Mind you the Titans went into New England and knocked off the defending superbowl champs... And ended coming up a play short from making the superbowl....

Not one single MVP vote.

So go ahead and you explain it to me... Convince me that Jackson with lesser numbers and no playoff wins was deserving of those MVP's

6 years in the league... 2 playoff wins.

But they gave him Multiple MVP's

Like I said.... Overrated.

Tua and Lamar same number of Touchdowns.(last year)

Who had more yards combined... Tua..

Who had a higher completion% Tua
Yards per pass... Tua

Lamar wins the MVP Tua does not get a single vote.

Ergo overrated.

Tua Did not get a single vote despite beating Lamar Jackson in most offensive categories.

IMG_2628.gif

I'm really starting to get you... per you, there's like 4 QBs in the NFL that deserved to get paid to play football.

I should have listened to you when you posted this. Lesson learned.

We have too many WRs in my opinion. Not sure where we are going to stash all of them.

I project:
Hill
Waddle
OBJ
Cracraft
Ezukama
Berrios (Kick returner)

Practice Squad:

Washington Bros
Cracraft should be irrelevant

Malik would get poached off the practice squad

LMAO

No see you almost have it.

The problem is that every wideout, tight end, RB... DE... CB... QB... wants to be paid the most in the NFL

And that is just stupid.

In a league where we have what 32 teams If you are to be considered elite at your position you would have to be at the very least top 3.... and that is even stretching it a little. Top 2 is more accurate.

Everyone should get paid.... But if you want to be paid like you are the best... Then be the best.

The problem we have now with QB's is that the guys who are not top 5 or even top 10 in the league want to make within a few percentage points what the top 2-3 QB's in the NFL make.

Bravo to the Chiefs who once they realised they had the best QB to come along in a generation immediately locked him up long term. Now we have guys who cannot carry his jock onto the field making 5 and 10 million more than he does.

Many of these Qb deals I strongly disagree with Like Cousins latest... Ditto for Lawrence for $55 million. ( Hell no )

I would rather roll the dice on Mayfield, Minshew, or even take a chance and try to salvage the career of Mac Jones or Trey Lance... Before I spent 55 million on a QB that is not elite. A few years back the Titans made a serious run at the superbowl with Tannehill making half of what other Top QB's made...

I would take my chances with that type of plan before I just wrote a blank Check to a QB that has won nothing. (and is not elite.)

We currently have this disasterous system in place where teams make their QB's the highest player in Football every offseason no matter if they are elite or not.

Berrios..... Cracraft..... what year do you think this is?

I've seen some of your posts and wondered, just how far behind the normal poster your viewpoints are around here and this kinda opened my eyes.

Your in a different year entirely. Explains alot really.
Dude.... What year do you think this is?

Berrios and Cracraft played on the team last year and got the scraps after Hill and Waddle..

Beckham is here now... and he will likely be the #3 receiver in this offense. (Unknown how many targets Smith and Achane will get.)

I am not in different years. The best thing we have to compare this year's offense to is last year's offense.

Ergo me stating that Beckham is a significant upgrade for targets in this offense.

Not really sure what your take here is man?

As for the other.

In no way shape or form do I want to be like all of thee other posters here.
In no way shape or form do I want to think like they do, or post like they do.

It is rather disturbing to see one person post and then everyone high five them and then repeat them.

Last time I checked we were all allowed to come up with different ideas and make those differing arguments.

How boring and disappointing would this place be if everyone thought and posted the same things... Yuck

Shame on you man.

Back
Top Bottom