Odell Beckham Jr. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odell Beckham Jr.

Mach... Okay I will play along.

Tua had more yards... a better completion %... The same touchdowns...Tua had more yards per pass...

So if it is regular season only.

How did Lamar Jackson win the MVP and Tua not receive a single vote?
Tennessee got him and the whole team as we win the division with that game.

Tennessee got him and the whole team as we win the division with that game.
Great point.

Not realistic to have an MVP QB who failed to win his division.

That's not to say winning the division is solely on the QB. That's just the reality of the way it works.

QBs get too much credit and too much blame I many situations.

Great point.

That's not to say winning the division is solely on the QB. That's just the reality of the way it works.

Truth!!!

Great point.

Oh they definitely do and it's all blamed on Tua for a collapse by our defense

Oh they definitely do and it's all blamed on Tua for a collapse by our defense
The defense was a$$ those last two drives against TN, but had the offense simply got a couple first downs it would have been a W as well.

Plenty of scapegoats on that one. It was on the entire team, including coaches.

Last edited:
The defense was a$$ those last two drives against TN, but had the offense simply got a couple first downs it would have been a W,Al as well.

Plenty of scapegoats on that one. It was on the entire team, including coaches.
It definitely was on the team and coaches. Hopefully Weaver can do something this year . That game was on McDaniel as much as anyone else
Hopefully we can overcome this and learn from it.

In any team sport, a victory is a team’s victory; a loss is a team’s loss.

Sure, one player can eff it up and that player is to blame for the loss, but the Tennessee loss was a total defensive meltdown loss, and therefore, a team loss.

Had the loss been because Tua threw an interception instead of a touchdown on the last play, then easy to assign the blame on Tua.

That wasn’t the case. The defense totally effed up. Be real. Be honest. That was the cause of the loss.

Spin it however you like to suit your agenda, but most disinterested people asked to watch that game, and to make a judgment as to who to blame for the loss, will likely say it was the defensive meltdown that was responsible for the loss.

Sure, one player can eff it up and that player is to blame for the loss, but the Tennessee loss was a total defensive meltdown loss, and therefore, a team loss.

Had the loss been because Tua threw an interception instead of a touchdown on the last play, then easy to assign the blame on Tua.

That wasn’t the case. The defense totally effed up. Be real. Be honest. That was the cause of the loss.

Spin it however you like to suit your agenda, but most disinterested people asked to watch that game, and to make a judgment as to who to blame for the loss, will likely say it was the defensive meltdown that was responsible for the loss.
If one is looking to point fingers, then yes. Defensive failure is the focal point.

If one is analyzing the big picture, though, there's culpability in several aspects.

I'm not going to waste my time trying to assign "percentage" of blame across the team.

Well the offense as a whole stunk pretty bad that game. We got fortunate on a couple of Titans screwups if I recall.

Anyways can we not regurge this ****ing loss. I still have night sweats about it lol

I still think it goes like this
Hill
Waddle
OBJ- will get more td's then people expect imo
Malik- will impress enough to cut into obj targets.. I'm really hoping this guy becomes a steve smith like stud. Reality check might be in order.
EE- will factor in if stays healthy(likely in run scheme)
Tahj- will play if injuries happen to hill or waddle

cracraft to ps- he blocks really well and has good hands, if we ever need to call up and has the best chance to make it to our ps

Smith will be open constantly imo and should be one of our best red zone threats
Achane already showed skills in the passing game making people miss as the check down and that's been a hot topic of potential with him running routes with the wr's
I think I’m the only one I’ve ever heard of thinking Steve Smith is their favorite receiver of all time.

Just an incredible football player, and a nasty mother grabber, just the way I want my players.

Soon to be hall of fame

Well the offense as a whole stunk pretty bad that game. We got fortunate on a couple of Titans screwups if I recall.

Anyways can we not regurge this ****ing loss. I still have night sweats about it lol
lost a piece of me after that game.

First time I ever felt like that too.

Now I’m ready to move on because that douchebag Fangio is gone but I went a little to the dark side after that game and am still here.

Tua letting himself become fat as **** as the year progressed pissed me off to no end.

Nice thought, but I wouldnt count on that. His best days are behind him.

He did have the highest yards per reception of his career last year at 16.1, so he's got more than enough juice to provide a substantial upgrade over Braxton Berrios.

LMAO

No see you almost have it.

The problem is that every wideout, tight end, RB... DE... CB... QB... wants to be paid the most in the NFL

And that is just stupid.

In a league where we have what 32 teams If you are to be considered elite at your position you would have to be at the very least top 3.... and that is even stretching it a little. Top 2 is more accurate.

Everyone should get paid.... But if you want to be paid like you are the best... Then be the best.

The problem we have now with QB's is that the guys who are not top 5 or even top 10 in the league want to make within a few percentage points what the top 2-3 QB's in the NFL make.

Bravo to the Chiefs who once they realised they had the best QB to come along in a generation immediately locked him up long term. Now we have guys who cannot carry his jock onto the field making 5 and 10 million more than he does.

Many of these Qb deals I strongly disagree with Like Cousins latest... Ditto for Lawrence for $55 million. ( Hell no )

I would rather roll the dice on Mayfield, Minshew, or even take a chance and try to salvage the career of Mac Jones or Trey Lance... Before I spent 55 million on a QB that is not elite. A few years back the Titans made a serious run at the superbowl with Tannehill making half of what other Top QB's made...

I would take my chances with that type of plan before I just wrote a blank Check to a QB that has won nothing. (and is not elite.)

We currently have this disasterous system in place where teams make their QB's the highest player in Football every offseason no matter if they are elite or not.

You know I was really feeling you until you mentioned the QBs we could replace Tua with.

I have been a big voice against just paying Tua blindly but I think I would rather pay Tua than waste Hill's prime with a scrub like Mac Jones or Trey Lance.

Baker Mayfield is good but I think the Bucs got a good deal after he got shafted in Cleveland. To he completely honest, I think there is a chance that we as fans are not seeing Tua's true value assuming that he can be that easily replaced.

Tua's ability to throw the ball quickly has made our oline look better than it is. I think this is true because every time anyone else has stepped in (White or Thompson), they perform horribly compared to Tua with the same weapons at their disposal. Remember what happened to Teddy Bridgewater? He went in for one play and got sacked so bad he broke bones and was out for the season.

I was on the fence but starting to lean to just pay the guy already. Specially if the alternative is a 2nd tier QB like Gardner Minshew

lost a piece of me after that game.

First time I ever felt like that too.

Now I’m ready to move on because that douchebag Fangio is gone but I went a little to the dark side after that game and am still here.

Tua letting himself become fat as **** as the year progressed pissed me off to no end.

That game is why we added Beckham and to a lesser extent, Jonnu Smith, Malik Washington and Tahj Washington. Although I think Malik is in a different category than Tahj, in terms of likelihood to bring a difference making ability. Watching Chase Claypool try and get open was excruciating.

Last edited:
He did have the highest yards per reception of his career last year at 16.1, so he's got more than enough juice to provide a substantial upgrade over Braxton Berrios.
I prefer if we don't even roster Berrios.

We have seen his ceiling as a receiver, and it is limited.

Back
Top Bottom