Odell Beckham Jr. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Odell Beckham Jr.

OBJ is better than Cedric or Chosen. Don't know what else needs to be said here
understand of the year.

Wilson was a jag, chosen wishes he was one

I have long said that Lamar Jackson is overrated. He does not win big games. How can you be an MVP if you cannot win big games? How can he be the MVP over other great QB's when he cannot beat them when it counts the most?
MVP is strictly a regular season award.

Mach... Okay I will play along.

Tua had more yards... a better completion %... The same touchdowns...Tua had more yards per pass...

So if it is regular season only.

How did Lamar Jackson win the MVP and Tua not receive a single vote?

Mach... Okay I will play along.

Tua had more yards... a better completion %... The same touchdowns...Tua had more yards per pass...

So if it is regular season only.

How did Lamar Jackson win the MVP and Tua not receive a single vote?
My guess is the late season collapse.

He was seen as a candidate early in the year. Had he carried the team through, I'm sure it would have been different.

It isn't a purely statistical award either. It is subjective.

Is this really something worth arguing about?

At the end of the day until proven otherwise McD will have Tua throwing to Hill 90% of the time and throwing Waddle a little nugget from time to time. Prove us wrong coach, you’re on the clock

At the end of the day until proven otherwise McD will have Tua throwing to Hill 90% of the time and throwing Waddle a little nugget from time to time. Prove us wrong coach, you’re on the clock
30% of Tua’s completions were to Hill last year
19% of Tua’s completions were to Waddle last year

Not exactly as dramatic as you are imply

Odell Beckham Jr. is on a one-year deal with our squad and while he may not be the receiver he once was, he is still efficient, consistent, and capable of changing a games outcome. OBJ will be the afterthought in Miami's offense as it relates to defensive scheming and this may be the best system he has been on in his career. If defenses double Hill and Waddle as expected, OBJ could put up numbers that look closer to his Pro Bowl years.

View attachment 173084
Nice thought, but I wouldnt count on that. His best days are behind him.

LMAO

No see you almost have it.

The problem is that every wideout, tight end, RB... DE... CB... QB... wants to be paid the most in the NFL

And that is just stupid.

In a league where we have what 32 teams If you are to be considered elite at your position you would have to be at the very least top 3.... and that is even stretching it a little. Top 2 is more accurate.

Everyone should get paid.... But if you want to be paid like you are the best... Then be the best.

The problem we have now with QB's is that the guys who are not top 5 or even top 10 in the league want to make within a few percentage points what the top 2-3 QB's in the NFL make.

Bravo to the Chiefs who once they realised they had the best QB to come along in a generation immediately locked him up long term. Now we have guys who cannot carry his jock onto the field making 5 and 10 million more than he does.

Many of these Qb deals I strongly disagree with Like Cousins latest... Ditto for Lawrence for $55 million. ( Hell no )

I would rather roll the dice on Mayfield, Minshew, or even take a chance and try to salvage the career of Mac Jones or Trey Lance... Before I spent 55 million on a QB that is not elite. A few years back the Titans made a serious run at the superbowl with Tannehill making half of what other Top QB's made...

I would take my chances with that type of plan before I just wrote a blank Check to a QB that has won nothing. (and is not elite.)

We currently have this disasterous system in place where teams make their QB's the highest player in Football every offseason no matter if they are elite or not.

Every person who's pay isn't regulated wants to be highest paid. Human nature

Dude.... What year do you think this is?

Berrios and Cracraft played on the team last year and got the scraps after Hill and Waddle..

Beckham is here now... and he will likely be the #3 receiver in this offense. (Unknown how many targets Smith and Achane will get.)

I am not in different years. The best thing we have to compare this year's offense to is last year's offense.

Ergo me stating that Beckham is a significant upgrade for targets in this offense.

Not really sure what your take here is man?

As for the other.

In no way shape or form do I want to be like all of thee other posters here.
In no way shape or form do I want to think like they do, or post like they do.

It is rather disturbing to see one person post and then everyone high five them and then repeat them.

Last time I checked we were all allowed to come up with different ideas and make those differing arguments.

How boring and disappointing would this place be if everyone thought and posted the same things... Yuck

Shame on you man.
Berrios and Cracraft are unlikely to make the team. If they are "your guys," then your a year behind.

Both of them did nothing of merit with the opportunities they received.

Now your on the Backham bandwagon, which is fine but he's old and likley going to A) get injured (like always) or B) lose his job outright to Malik.

Then there is Taj and Ez who are also looking to make the roster and are both miles ahead athletically of Berrios and Cracraft.

So your entire expectation of how the offense will look at the WR position is off by a year.

Berrios and Cracraft are unlikely to make the team. If they are "your guys," then you’re a year behind.

Now your on the Backham bandwagon, which is fine but he's old and likley going to A) get injured (like always) or B) lose his job outright to Malik.

Then there is Taj and Ez who are also looking to make the roster and are both miles ahead athletically of Berrios and Cracraft.

So your entire expectation of how the offense will look at the WR position is off by a year.
I was curious about this possibility when I posted my initial thoughts as to why I think OBJ isn’t going to have the numbers that some are expecting. I feel like this isn’t terribly uncommon with these type of signings of older, injured, one time super stars, but I don’t know enough (or really anything) about Malik. Is this something that you think has a legitimate chance of happening and how quickly do you think this could happen? Is there a chance Malik could just win the job outright in camp?

Berrios and Cracraft are unlikely to make the team. If they are "your guys," then your a year behind.

...What planet are you from?

I did not want Berrios back this season... I was against his signing. Cracraft is a decent team player...I was okay with him being on the roster because he is dependable and knows the offense... So as a third or fourth option he is not hurting us. But the second we got Smith and Beckham....Cracraft virtually lost any chance of seeing targets for this team. (Barring major injuries)

Now that we have that cleared up..... Last year they both caught passes on this team.... Now we have Beckham and he gets their targets..(And hopefully a few more.)

I am not stuck in last year
I know what year it is

I never said I wanted Cracraft and Berrios in the offense over Beckham.

And it is natural to look at LAST season and the way the offense worked... and then look at the coming season.

You can look at the number of attempts and completions and the yards... and then look at the roster changes we have made and go from there.

By the way I am not on any particular "Band Wagon"

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think it goes like this
Hill
Waddle
OBJ- will get more td's then people expect imo
Malik- will impress enough to cut into obj targets.. I'm really hoping this guy becomes a steve smith like stud. Reality check might be in order.
EE- will factor in if stays healthy(likely in run scheme)
Tahj- will play if injuries happen to hill or waddle

cracraft to ps- he blocks really well and has good hands, if we ever need to call up and has the best chance to make it to our ps

Smith will be open constantly imo and should be one of our best red zone threats
Achane already showed skills in the passing game making people miss as the check down and that's been a hot topic of potential with him running routes with the wr's

I did not want Berrios back this season... I was against his signing. Cracraft is a decent team player...I was okay with him being on the roster because he is dependable and knows the offense... So as a third or fourth option he is not hurting us. But the second we got Smith and Beckham....Cracraft virtually lost any chance of seeing targets for this team. (Barring major injuries)

Now that we have that cleared up..... Last year they both caught passes on this team.... Now we have Beckham and he gets their targets..(And hopefully a few more.)

I know what year it is

And it is natural to look at LAST season and the way the offense worked... and then look at the coming season.

You can look at the number of attempts and completions and the yards... and then look at the roster changes we have made and go from there.

Hes from planet Ricco Sauve just a little south east of mars.

I know what year it is

Of course not, that would require a more positive attitude. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom