Off-Season Predictions | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Predictions

BTW, hard to believe James would be there at 11 but if 4 QB's go top 10 then somebody that shouldn't be there at 11 will be, I just hope if someone that can come in and be an impact player from day one. It's been a while since that has happen for us

Ozzy rules!!

James can probably carry 220 and not scrape the athlete. That 6 foot 3 size for covering tight ends is nice

I’m just saying come pick 11 if he’s there it’s highly likely he’s the bpa on the board and for me at least he will be a in play option

Any chance Lippett could be groomed to play FS?

BTW, hard to believe James would be there at 11 but if 4 QB's go top 10 then somebody that shouldn't be there at 11 will be, I just hope if someone that can come in and be an impact player from day one. It's been a while since that has happen for us

Ozzy rules!!

Which 4 QBs would go in the top ten? Rosen is a given. But beyond that, who?

Al Davis is dead, so I don't think Lamar Jackson goes top ten, no way. Isn't Darnold going back to school? So you've got the very raw Josh Allen who has great talent but isn't ready for primetime, and then Baker Mayfield, who will fall because he's an inch too short for the knuckleheads who run NFL teams.

Darnold rosen and allen will go top 10.

Doubtful Lamar will or mayfield

3 qbs top 10 unless someone does the Rudolph thing. Which I wouldn’t

Tampa at 5 probably takes chubb.

IMO Miami sees Derwin James unless he runs sub 4.5 on the board at 11

No qb dt cb wr or o line pick in the first 2 days of the draft
I agree with this. LB, TE, DE, RB, S with our picks rounds 1-4. QB over S is the bonus if there's a guy on the board in round 3 or 4 that Gase really likes.

Miami hasn’t fixed anything in years. There’s no one unit where you can say Miami is elite or even above average at. Mediocrity oozes throughout the roster. D line supposed to be a strength and it’s been overrated for years.

which begs the question from me to those of you who study such things.....

Why does a team with deficiency in so many areas not choose or target a specific area of their team and make it dominant? Why does it not make sense to build a championship defense or offense and then go from there?

Not looking for criticism here...just asking...

Which 4 QBs would go in the top ten? Rosen is a given. But beyond that, who?

Al Davis is dead, so I don't think Lamar Jackson goes top ten, no way. Isn't Darnold going back to school? So you've got the very raw Josh Allen who has great talent but isn't ready for primetime, and then Baker Mayfield, who will fall because he's an inch too short for the knuckleheads who run NFL teams.
I did say IF.....I agree that maybe two of the 4 should not go top 10 but teams always reach for QB early for fear they're going to be let out. I'm not saying it will happen but everything is possible on draft day when it comes to QB's. If only two go then we might get some offers for our pick from teams wanting to draft one

Ozzy rules!!

Darnold rosen and allen will go top 10.

Doubtful Lamar will or mayfield

3 qbs top 10 unless someone does the Rudolph thing. Which I wouldn’t

Tampa at 5 probably takes chubb.

IMO Miami sees Derwin James unless he runs sub 4.5 on the board at 11

Inevitably someone will panic and do it, which is good for Miami..............unless of course it's Miami who does it. lol.

James can probably carry 220 and not scrape the athlete. That 6 foot 3 size for covering tight ends is nice

I’m just saying come pick 11 if he’s there it’s highly likely he’s the bpa on the board and for me at least he will be a in play option
He should be in play at that point. The only reason he wouldn't be is that they're too proud to admit they made a mistake by extending TJM and Jones and saying two SS playing together would work, which it didn't. If they take James then they have to find a way to play all 3. You can't draft a guy at 11 just to be a part of a package. You want a guy that will play 3 downs and be an impact player

Ozzy rules!!

This prediction is from a post I made on an other forum; but I feel also fits here. Please note that I often put primary value on some "positions of need", which represent positions I feel we are too weak at. I've attached some potential names, but what I am really interested in is the BPA at that position. I don't know which player is the BPA, so I selected from a proposed list of the top fifty draft picks and we all know how accurate those can be! I don't know how many draft selections we will have by the draft, so I just allowed for the two forth round picks I've red about.

For this forecast I'm assuming that there will be 5 QB's taken in the top 10 picks, and some top level names will drop to the end of the 3rd and the middle of the 4th round.

1st round at 11 - Nelson, OG and BPA. We select here for BPA with a possible change for a defensive player, if an NFL ready defender is available.
2nd round at 43 - Edmunds, ILB. We select here for need, not BPA, just for defensive linebackers.
3rd round at 75 - Holland, DE. We select here for need, either a QB or DE.
4th round at 113 - Freeman, RB. We select here for need, either a QB or RB.
4th round at 132 - Andrews, TE. We select here for need, either a QB or TE.
5th round - We select here for need, either a QB or a Linebacker (any position in the defensive backfield)
6th round - We select BPA, biased for a safety or running back. At this point we will do better getting a FA for QB if we haven't drafted one.
7th round - We select BPA, offense or defense.
UDFA's - We keep looking for the gold that doesn't glitter.

We no longer have so many holes to fill that we need to go BPA at every selection and can expect that we cover a need. I expect the Front office will be using their draft board looking to step back when possible in order to get more late round draft picks. Since this draft class does not seem to be highly gifted, we would gain more than we would loose by increasing our number of later round draft picks.

Our track record over the last two years is beginning to show that our drafted players are working out at a much higher percentage than I initially expected. We are also having some unexpected successes with our UDFA's. This bodes well for the future.

He should be in play at that point. The only reason he wouldn't be is that they're too proud to admit they made a mistake by extending TJM and Jones and saying two SS playing together would work, which it didn't. If they take James then they have to find a way to play all 3. You can't draft a guy at 11 just to be a part of a package. You want a guy that will play 3 downs and be an impact player

Ozzy rules!!

Yes. I’m fully aware of that. Miami drafted a package player as a rookie this year even. It happens. I think I could find a way to get all 3 on the field at the same time his rookie year. And there’s nothing that says tj won’t do something stupid and be released or Miami get out of his money come end of 2018.

James has free safety speed and fluidity in a strong safety physicality and box play body and ideal size at 6 foot 3 for carrying a little bit more weight and carrying coverage down the field

I mean the Seahawks would run that card up to replace chancellor with but unlucky for them miamis well in front of them and frankly I don’t think this class has a lot of top shelf pop to it talent wise might as well draft the best bpa that also fills a need vs tight ends etc. if he can man the slot that adds value also. Not sure about that part yet though

If they really are serious about giving tj some hybrid looks to me this becomes a no brainer finalist if not outright obvious decision.

About Derwin + Reshad at LB: how about Reshad as an extra db dime package for 3 and 5+? Seemed like a big area of weakness, and a critical one at that

Loved James before the injury. He wasn't the same after. He'll probably get back to form but I wouldn't do it at 11 based on watching that FSU defense underperform week in and week out. I'm looking for talent to fall from a defense - and player - who underachieved the season prior; not vice versa.

I also think he's a SS in the NFL ... although he'll be better in coverage than he was last year. He got juked out of his boots a few times ... going largely unnoticed. I don't think that will be a trend. He should be a quality strong at the next level. Too bad we're flush.

About Derwin + Reshad at LB: how about Reshad as an extra db dime package for 3 and 5+? Seemed like a big area of weakness, and a critical one at that

We didn’t play any dime this year but yes absolutely derwin James would be a dime insert.

We want to cover more ground and cover period more we need to get more athletic. If we can do that and the guy will strike you in the process well all the better

Back
Top Bottom