Off-Season Predictions | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Off-Season Predictions

Not a huge prediction but

Patriots will will the Super Bowl again. And I will profit from it.

which begs the question from me to those of you who study such things.....

Why does a team with deficiency in so many areas not choose or target a specific area of their team and make it dominant? Why does it not make sense to build a championship defense or offense and then go from there?

Not looking for criticism here...just asking...
The biggest issue is Miami doesn’t declare an area that’s underachieving as deficient until 2-3 years way after the fact. I say teams should always build their team to be able to beat the best teams in your division. Easiest way into the playoffs is to win the division In Miami’s case they should be looking at the D line. Most effective way to beat Brady.

There’s a little bit of a going thru the motions look to this Derwin James tape. As in I know I’m good I’m saving myself for the pros.

That will clean up when a guys getting paid.

Some will call it play recognition needs to be better I think it’s more about less than max effort

Give him a pay check and you will see the difference

I’ve seen enough Derwin James is ABSOLUTELY worth it.

What kind of injury did he have that made him miss 2016?

They got that kid covering slots and he’s driving on the routes and ball from there.

Yeppers

I’ve seen enough Derwin James is ABSOLUTELY worth it.

What kind of injury did he have that made him miss 2016?

They got that kid covering slots and he’s driving on the routes and ball from there.

Yeppers

Left meniscus. Didn't trust it 100%. A touch of hesitation to his game compared to the season before.

I think he'd do the trick at free. Could be a star at strong as a rover though. I like him closer to the LOS rather than being the deep help. He's got a very Jabril Peppers type skill set IMO ... and I think the Browns realized they didn't get the most out of him at free. I expect a switch next year.

Last edited:
I can live with a meniscus. Not sure why it would take him out an entire season.

Right now for what i have seen to date he’s the lead dog bpa at 11 and the pick i would make

I can see why he sat out the bowl game

Darnold rosen and allen will go top 10.

Doubtful Lamar will or mayfield

3 qbs top 10 unless someone does the Rudolph thing. Which I wouldn’t

Tampa at 5 probably takes chubb.

IMO Miami sees Derwin James unless he runs sub 4.5 on the board at 11
I can see Mayfield going as well and fully expect that Oklahoma beast LT. Leaves us Ward, Minkah or Derwin. Cheers!

Minkah falling is the dream. Wow he's gonna be good. One of the few players that I do not care what he does at the combine. Saw everything I need to know watching Bama roll. Ultimate chess piece. Should go top 5.

This guy will get more love as the process continues:

I can see Mayfield going as well and fully expect that Oklahoma beast LT. Leaves us Ward, Minkah or Derwin. Cheers!

Someone will get pushed up if Darnold doesn’t come out. But I’m gonna bet it’s not mayfield. That size that speed and that system he comes from the primary reasons.

I like ward but I think he’s a nickel ideal fit and I don’t love that value top 12. Good player though

Someone will get pushed up if Darnold doesn’t come out. But I’m gonna bet it’s not mayfield. That size that speed and that system he comes from the primary reasons.

I like ward but I think he’s a nickel ideal fit and I don’t love that value top 12. Good player though
Figure Browns Broncos Jets probably go QB. Giants should go QB but may decide make 2 year run with Eli. Cards & Bengals may move up - they are in striking distance.

Minkah falling is the dream. Wow he's gonna be good. One of the few players that I do not care what he does at the combine. Saw everything I need to know watching Bama roll. Ultimate chess piece. Should go top 5.

What also helps is that would think Chicago tries to get Trubisky an offensive weapon and Denver also goes offense. Colts picked Hooker last year, they should go OL to protect Luck or DL.

Hoops what you think about the qb from ucf later in draft. I only seen him twice but looked like a stud
The UCF QB (McKenzie Milton) is only a Sophomore this year. He's only 5'11, but the kid can ball, has a great arm and football smarts. He reminds me of Drew Brees. Anyone not familiar with him, only needs to watah the Peach Bowl again to see what UCF has. He's a stud.

Someone else posted about the "one armed defensive player" Shaquem Griffin is another stud that plays all over the D-line. He was named MVP of the Peach Bowl after recording 12 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks and coming off the edge on the play that led to Stidham's final interception. He was in their backfield all day long. He does only have one arm, but it doesn't stop him from being productive and disruptive. Some NFL team will give him a look for sure.

But is he a Corner or a SS or a FS?

Ozzy rules!!

But is he a Corner or a SS or a FS?

Ozzy rules!!

Corner. He could literally play any position in the back end of a defense. Boundary is the premium position though ... and he locks it down there with the best of them.

Versatility like he's got gives DCs the vapours. He's what everyone should be hoping for because he's probably the safest bet to deliver at the next level of the whole lot. We suck in the first round ... let's hit with that pick for once.

Back
Top Bottom