Offensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line

Silver_Holder

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins Offensive Line allowed 34 sacks between Tua and Fitz. That is the 9th worst in the league. (this is not even counting QB hurries and hits).
Mahomes and Brady only got sacked 22 times total in 16 games.
Its time for the front Office to solidify this OL starting with Penei Sewell at #3.

ya and then it would allow us to throw for 30+ TDs to Bowden and Hollins

we had 3 rookies relax. Jake Long was a generational talent at OT and in his draft alone pro bowlers Ryan Clady went 12, Breden Albert went 15, Duane Brown went 26. They're all more less a wash.

We will draft Devonta Smith and fix the O line some other way.

if you want to argue there's value at WR later on, fine draft Micah or Rossue or trade down. But I for 1 am buying into the hype of Devonta Smith being a generational talent at WR, esspecially if he runs in the 4.3's. He would have deep speed, insane agility, 6'1, very good hands, and a great attitude/work ethic.

Last edited:
ya and then it would allow us to throw for 30+ TDs to Bowden and Hollins

we had 3 rookies relax. Jake Long was a generational talent at OT and in his draft alone pro bowlers Ryan Clady went 12, Breden Albert went 15, Duane Brown went 26. They're all more less a wash.

We will draft Devonta Smith and fix the O line some other way.

if you want to argue there's value at WR later on, fine draft Micah or Rossue or trade down. But I for 1 am buying into the hype of Devonta Smith being a generational talent at WR, esspecially if he runs in the 4.3's. He would have deep speed, insane agility, 6'1, very good hands, and a great attitude/work ethic.
How many of the current top 10 wide receivers in the game were top 5 picks??
Answer is: 1 Amari Cooper at 4 overall pick.
Next in line is Julio Jones at 6 and Mike Evan at 7.
Without an offensive line you can't throw, you can't run. You are putting the cart before the horse.
Spending the 3 overall pick on Devonta Smith who is 170 pounds soaking wet is extremely risky, IMO. You can get decent WR talent with the 18 overall pick.

Dolphins Offensive Line allowed 34 sacks between Tua and Fitz. That is the 9th worst in the league. (this is not even counting QB hurries and hits).
Its time for the front Office to solidify this OL starting with Penei Sewell at #3.

Sewell will struggle his rookie year just like our rookies did. And our rookies had no preseason. You can’t fairly judge our OL on this season. If Sewell is BPA I’m fine with the pick.

Without an offensive line you can't throw, you can't run. You are putting the cart before the horse.
Spending the 3 overall pick on Devonta Smith who is 170 pounds soaking wet is extremely risky, IMO. You can get decent WR talent with the 18 overall pick.
I agree. In the past didn’t the Lions go WR early like 3 times in a row? I think the Cardinals tried the playmaker philosophy a while back and struggled. I don’t recall it ever working.

Sewell will struggle his rookie year just like our rookies did. And our rookies had no preseason. You can’t fairly judge our OL on this season. If Sewell is BPA I’m fine with the pick.
I'm sure Sewell will struggle, but at this point he is better than anyone else we have and the man is a fiery leader. We need that kind of spark in our offense!

Funny that 2 of those guys are from bama and none are busts.

We have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds. I take Smith and pick up 2 lineman with our 2nd and 3rd picks. Smith reminds me of Jerry Rice/Paul Warfield, he glides over the field on a higher palin than anybody else. He will add muscle and become dominant. I just don't think you can say no to him if he's on the table.

Something tells me you have not seen a single games D Smith has played.
I have seen Alabama games, many which the QB Mac Jones and Tua were able to throw Smith the ball and they had enough time in the pocket to do so without getting sacked...

I have seen Alabama games, many which the QB Mac Jones and Tua were able to throw Smith the ball and they had enough time in the pocket to do so without getting sacked...
If that’s all you’ve seen then you’re really not watching. Look at his intangibles. Do you actually see how he gets open? Makes the first guy miss almost every time? His YAC? He never drops passes, and doesn’t fumble. When he’s holding the ball it’s not even close to coming loose. Pay attention

Actually 16 teams gave up more sacks than Miami.

If that’s all you’ve seen then you’re really not watching. Look at his intangibles. Do you actually see how he gets open? Makes the first guy miss almost every time? His YAC? He never drops passes, and doesn’t fumble. When he’s holding the ball it’s not even close to coming loose. Pay attention
Oh my goodness, I cant believe I'm liking your posts! But I totally agree. I'm licking my chops at some great receivers this draft

Back
Top Bottom