Offensive Line | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line

I love Sewell. Who wouldn't. But the Dolphins could have the chance to get a bounty of picks in a trade down.

Sitting at #3, teams will trade up for one of the top three quarterbacks.

I agree that Miami needs to add to the offensive line.

Not that I'd have to think twice about the Sewell pick much as I see Grier & Flores not passing by this special opportunity. if there.
But also see Grier and Flores doing their due diligence and actual jobs and listening to those offers to get our pick.

Don't see us in a down the road mode and more pushing for next season and asking for two 2021 1st. rd picks for even a shot at consideration. Which won't be available due to only 3 teams that have 2 1sts. Us being one of em.
That leaves only the Jags and Jets. Jags at #1 used for Trevor.
Jets at #2 don't need us and they may use their pick on QB or Sewell or find their own bounty that works for them with possibly more acceptance at picks farther in the future 2022 ish.

We have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds. I take Smith and pick up 2 lineman with our 2nd and 3rd picks. Smith reminds me of Jerry Rice/Paul Warfield, he glides over the field on a higher palin than anybody else. He will add muscle and become dominant. I just don't think you can say no to him if he's on the table.
Excellent statement. I thought the same thing.

I was pleased with our OL this year. Were we great? No. But for a team which had zero people playing next to players they had played next to the previous season, it was surprisingly solid. Austin Jackson took his lumps, to be sure, but for the youngest OL in the league, he held up fairly well. Considering he was coming off only a Covid preseason a year after he lost his preseason to being a bone marrow donor ... I was very impressed.

Robert Hunt had his troubles, but it is a big ask to jump that far up in competitions, and he did well at it. Shows promise for the future. Still unsure what his best position is.

Solomon Kindley was exactly what I hoped and expected him to be, and it was impressive. When he's healthy next season he's earned a starter spot, IMHO.

Ereck Flowers had his ups and downs, but mostly was a productive LG. He was THE high paid FA in this group, and he didn't really stand out, but he wasn't bad.

Ted Karras was very effective. Brought in for backup money on a 1 year prove-it contract he was very good at organizing this makeshift OL and graded out as an average player--both massive upgrades for this team and both impressive for a guy being paid a backup salary. He's going to command a lot higher pay next year, and that's if we can even re-sign him.

But I'm most pleased with our OL Coach who looks like he may finally be the guy to bring a solid OL to this team.

We definitely still need more talent, but even with the guys we have, this line will improve each year. I finally feel like our OL is headed in the right direction.

As someone who has been relentlessly critical of our offensive line play in prior years, I like our prospects. Nastier and edgier. I expect them to get a lot better. Game experience is huge.

I would like to see Kindley lose 15-20 lbs. He would still have power but might be able to hit targets on the move better. Austin Jackson is young and was thrown into the fire. I thought he did a nice job and is capable of improving dramatically from here as he learns the tricks of the trade and figures out all the complexities defenses throw at us.

Karras was serviceable but center is a key spot and I would love to get a higher upside center,

I must not be watching the right team. See Karras constantly being shoved back 3-4 yds into the backfield. Rare and vaguely remember him actually moving any guy in front of him. He's needs to be replaced.

Flowers another over paid inefficient OL experiment that went poorly ( I mean watch the guy )
I think if these guys were not Dolphins very few would be expounding on lets get these guys after watching this season with us.

Hunt is NOT a RT he is a G so play him at G. Oh I forgot someone in the staff thinks we need him to temp be our RT.
Kindley needs to get healthy and get experience, liked him . Jackson I liked too but since injury has shown to much inconsistency.

Personally not satisfied at all with 2.6 seconds for our QB. Finding a hole up the interior for our RB's is almost like they need a microscope. How many times we couldn't gain ONE yd. 1 friggin yd.....

And do you not understand if the OL is upgrade as a priority it will help and improve our QB, AND WR AND RB, that we even have now. So imagine that OL with WR RB upgrades coming down the road and Tua with the opportunity. You want tools for the offense build that solid foundation that pretty much everything revolves around.

Unreal the potential to build an credible OL for years to come once a for all

I must not be watching the right team. See Karras constantly being shoved back 3-4 yds into the backfield. Rare and vaguely remember him actually moving any guy in front of him. He's needs to be replaced.

Flowers another over paid inefficient OL experiment that went poorly ( I mean watch the guy )
I think if these guys were not Dolphins very few would be expounding on lets get these guys after watching this season with us.

Hunt is NOT a RT he is a G so play him at G. Oh I forgot someone in the staff thinks we need him to temp be our RT.
Kindley needs to get healthy and get experience, liked him . Jackson I liked too but since injury has shown to much inconsistency.

Personally not satisfied at all with 2.6 seconds for our QB. Finding a hole up the interior for our RB's is almost like they need a microscope. How many times we couldn't gain ONE yd. 1 friggin yd.....

And do you not understand if the OL is upgrade as a priority it will help and improve our QB, AND WR AND RB, that we even have now. So imagine that OL with WR RB upgrades coming down the road and Tua with the opportunity. You want tools for the offense build that solid foundation that pretty much everything revolves around.

Unreal the potential to build an credible OL for years to come once a for all

This. This 100%.

If we pick Sewell at 3, Next year we can have an extremely young, extremely talented, big, tough, nasty and ALL HOMEGROWN Offensive line that is ready to be an absolutely elite fortress for the next decade.

We can still get a great wide out at 18. How do we pass on the opportunity to turn our offensive line from average to elite with 1 pick?

Jackson, Kindley, Dieter (or mid round pick), Hunt, Sewell - LETS GO!!!

Your line was a middle of the pack for most of the year with 3 rookies. I’ll take that. They’re going to get better. Need competition for Kindley.

The number of sacks are misleading, Tua got sacked often due to holding onto the ball way too long. The reason for this is we don't have the receivers that have the skills to separate and get open. I think our line can be upgraded but not with the 3rd pick. I think we can trade down but not fall too low and draft Smith, Chase or Waddle (prefer Smith myself) and gain more draft capital. We can upgrade line in 2nd or 3rd round with a pick and be fine. I expect the OL to be improved next season but the receivers are piss poor at this point.

I'm sure Smith won't be a bust, but spending 3rd overall pick on a WR (outside of Megatron) is ridiculous IMO!
You intentionally left out the most important option to boast your narrative.
If you took your time to read some of the posts, many here suggested to trade down to 7 8 and take Smith or Chase. And accumulate draft capital.

Don't want to be mean as you are new. But you got to be more informative or you will get call out.

This. This 100%.

If we pick Sewell at 3, Next year we can have an extremely young, extremely talented, big, tough, nasty and ALL HOMEGROWN Offensive line that is ready to be an absolutely elite fortress for the next decade.

We can still get a great wide out at 18. How do we pass on the opportunity to turn our offensive line from average to elite with 1 pick?

Jackson, Kindley, Dieter (or mid round pick), Hunt, Sewell - LETS GO!!!
How will drafting Sewell help Karras?

You intentionally left out the most important option to boast your narrative.
If you took your time to read some of the posts, many here suggested to trade down to 7 8 and take Smith or Chase. And accumulate draft capital.

Don't want to be mean as you are new. But you got to be more informative or you will get call out.
Well. I'm not new. I have read countless posts, and there are quite a few, who want a WR with our first pick, irrespective of where it is, and don't want to hear any discussion that is contrary.

Do you intend to speak to them, as well?

Sewell is going #2 to the Jets. Bring on Smith or Chase. We will find line help in the draft but not with the 3rd overall pick. Just my opinion

Last year, we had the worst Offensive Line in the league, and what was likely the worst line that the Miami Dolphins had put on the field in their history... and from that, we saved exactly one player-- Jesse Davis whom we have signed to a contract that pays him like a 6th man.

To this we added a 20 year old rookie with what is supposedly a very high ceiling (Jackson) in the 1st, a guy who would be best at Guard, but might be able to play frontside Tackle in a pinch (Hunt) in the second, and a pure run blocking mauler Guard in the 4th... and on the FA side, we signed a guy who took 4 years to become a mediocre, replacement level Center, and a guy who had busted at Tackle, before moving to Guard where he plays a bit above replacement level.

Considering that all of these players except Jackson and Kindley had some relatively serious questions coming in, it boggles my mind when people think we are done assembling an Offensive line... especially considering the size/durability issues of our QB, and the fact that both of the FA Linemen that we brought in were signed to VERY short contracts.

I know there are people here that just reflexively HATE to draft linemen, but geez fellas... Do you think we can make a line out of duct tape and wishes? ...and yes, I know that we need some offensive weapons, but brothers... we need BOTH.

Well. I'm not new. I have read countless posts, and there are quite a few, who want a WR with our first pick, irrespective of where it is, and don't want to hear any discussion that is contrary.

Do you intend to speak to them, as well?
March , chill bro.
Did you see my post, it addressed to the OP.

Regardless, only few want to take wr with our third. Most want to trade down. You know that as well as me.

Back
Top Bottom