Offensive Line | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line

I think there are more needs than we have draft picks. I have a hard time drafting a T at 3. I would trade back to acquire more picks.

Trading down only works when you have a trade down partner and a deal can be made. If Lawrence is #1 and the Jets take Sewell we can take a bunch of phone calls for teams hot for Fields. I don't want to trade out of the top 10 because we can't risk missing out on Chase and Smith imo. I think both will be gone by #8. Then we need to make Najee Harris a Miami Dolphin.

Trading down only works when you have a trade down partner and a deal can be made. If Lawrence is #1 and the Jets take Sewell we can take a bunch of phone calls for teams hot for Fields. I don't want to trade out of the top 10 because we can't risk missing out on Chase and Smith imo. I think both will be gone by #8. Then we need to make Najee Harris a Miami Dolphin.
There are always trade down opportunity. Just don't ask for the moon.
Many teams want a qb. No need to go below 10.

Got any numbers that says taking a WR top 5 is more of a bust-able scenario than taking a QB top 5?
Than a QB? I would highly doubt it. A case can be made for several other positions, though.

You would first have to have a clearly defined definition of what constitutes a "bust". Not an easy thing to do, especially when comparing different positions.

You know what else helps reduce sacks? Receivers and scheme that can get separation.

Do not draft a lineman third. Get the WR.

You know what else helps reduce sacks? Receivers and scheme that can get separation.

I am with you Eye.
I think trade down is the way to go. Smith and or Chase will still be there at 8.

The 34 sacks they gave up is tied for 17th most which is middle of the pack which isn't so bad considering we had rookies and injuries.
Second that.
They tend to obmit we have three rookies on the line. Give them a full camp and more experience, there is no reason not to believe the unit will not improve.

Don't need Sewell. It'll be a waste pick.

We improved overall but its still not good enough. Between continuity and development I'm really hoping we can finally have a good line, the first since the Sparano years.

I'd say you need to move Davis to the bench and replaces karras. Kindley is solid but the interior needs to be far better than what we got each week.

Ya the new and improved 2.6 sec. OL plan. Miraculously give the exceptional WR 3 extra sec's to separate and an extra 2 ft. wide opening for that RB who should be the NFL's top RB.

OL, and to a much more limited degree the QB is what reduces sacks.

Ya the new and improved 2.6 sec. OL plan. Miraculously give the exceptional WR 3 extra sec's to separate and an extra 2 ft. wide opening for that RB who should be the NFL's top RB.

OL, and to a much more limited degree the QB is what reduces sacks.
Add another first round OL would be icing on the cake if all other units are well taken care of. But we are not.
Sewell will be a waste pick.

Add another first round OL would be icing on the cake if all other units are well taken care of. But we are not.
Sewell will be a waste pick.

" You say " Sewell will be a wasted pick ". I tell you that if he is there Grier and Flores will be dancing in the streets and sending Usian Bolt up there with our pick and passing it along to Bolt as if a baton getting it there even faster......

Jackson, Kindley, Humphrey, Hunt, Ramzcyk.

Or

Sewell, Kindley, Humphrey, Hunt, Jackson

Set for 8 years.

" You say " Sewell will be a wasted pick ". I tell you that if he is there Grier and Flores will be dancing in the streets and sending Usian Bolt up there with our pick and passing it along to Bolt as if a baton getting it there even faster......
That is a bold prediction for Flo.
Tell you what, if Sewell sitting at 3, and we take someone else or trade down, will you come back and eat crow?

That is a bold prediction for Flo.
Tell you what, if Sewell sitting at 3, and we take someone else or trade down, will you come back and eat crow?

Sewell sitting there and we take someone else at 3 sure never had crow before.

Will have our new WR run one down and throw it on the barbi for me.

If Sewell is there and we do take him will you change your Avatar to a Crow for one month...

Sewell sitting there and we take someone else at 3 sure never had crow before.

Will have our new WR run one down and throw it on the barbi for me.

If Sewell is there and we do take him will you change your Avatar to a Crow for one month...
Deal. I will serve myself a piece of humble pie on side as well.
My deal for you includes trading down thou.

Back
Top Bottom