Offensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Line

I also see future NFL greatness in Devonta Smith. He's the AP College Football player of the year. The previous 4 winners were Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson, that's pretty elite company. As said above Smith sort of glides across the field in a Warfield/ Rice manner. He's compared to Marvin Harrison who is one of my favorite receivers to ever play. This guy is a super technician and is expert at setting up defenders and making them look foolish. We should take this guy at #3 just to make sure he's a Dolphin. Then go RB, Najee Harris is my favorite. These 2 players change the entire dynamics of our offense and create instant offense.

Well the dolphins are tied for 15th at 2.1 sacks allowed per game
Tied with the chargers

I’d say pretty good job considering all the rookies on the line and behind center with not real rushing treat and no wr that get open

I think its fair to say that all of the rookies exceeded expectations and they all had their struggles. Kindley had the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. He seemed to struggle with conditioning. I thought Jackson and Hunt did about as well as you could expect from rookies in the passing game.

Karras was solid if unspectacular and probably the best of the bunch. I think they'll make an effort to re-sign him. Flowers was a bit of a disappointment. The man is an athletic marvel and it was impressive to see those plays where hes blocking 20 yards down the field but he seems to get dominated far too much on the inside for someone of his size and strength.

We're all assuming the rookies will improve which I think is a fair assumption, even if it doesn't always work that way. I would guess that they'll try to keep Karras and run it back with the same crew, maybe with a draftee and a journeyman free agent to offer some competition for those guard spots. I think this can be a good o-line with some growth and experience.

I'm sure Smith won't be a bust, but spending 3rd overall pick on a WR (outside of Megatron) is ridiculous IMO!
No worries

I'm sure that Flores and Grier will jump all over Sewell at 3, if he is still there. Definitely our best option. Not even worth a discussion of another pick at 3 IF He's there.
Now if gone and usually not the norm I think that we do grab a WR, D. Smith. Could see if trading down a hair is an option but think if Sewell unavailable (crap) then its Smith or even Waddle.
Heard last night Waddle was back at practice ...niiiiice

I'm sure Sewell will struggle, but at this point he is better than anyone else we have and the man is a fiery leader. We need that kind of spark in our offense!
What do you think of Rashawn Slater? Daniel Jerimiah and a few others have him rated above Sewell.

No worries

I'm sure that Flores and Grier will jump all over Sewell at 3, if he is still there. Definitely our best option. Not even worth a discussion of another pick at 3 IF He's there.
Now if gone and usually not the norm I think that we do grab a WR, D. Smith. Could see if trading down a hair is an option but think if Sewell unavailable (crap) then its Smith or even Waddle.
Heard last night Waddle was back at practice ...niiiiice
I read somewhere Waddle was returning to Alabama. No idea of the accuracy of the report.

i think our druthers (yes, our druthers) would be to trade down.

3 or 4 spots, max.

pick up some extra picks, and still assure us of Parsons, Sewell, Smith or Ja'Marr Chase (or whoever our top 4 or 5 guys are).

if you can't trade down, you have to take whoever the BPA is.

if it's super close, you go with the position of greater need.

if you have Sewell as clearly the BPA, you have to take him.

i don't think it's going to unfold that way.

someone is going to want Fields, Sewell, Wilson, Lance and we're going to be able to fleece them and still get our guy.

Sewell will struggle his rookie year just like our rookies did. And our rookies had no preseason. You can’t fairly judge our OL on this season. If Sewell is BPA I’m fine with the pick.
At third, he will

I love Sewell. Who wouldn't. But the Dolphins could have the chance to get a bounty of picks in a trade down.

Sitting at #3, teams will trade up for one of the top three quarterbacks.

I agree that Miami needs to add to the offensive line.

I also see future NFL greatness in Devonta Smith. He's the AP College Football player of the year. The previous 4 winners were Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson, that's pretty elite company. As said above Smith sort of glides across the field in a Warfield/ Rice manner. He's compared to Marvin Harrison who is one of my favorite receivers to ever play. This guy is a super technician and is expert at setting up defenders and making them look foolish. We should take this guy at #3 just to make sure he's a Dolphin. Then go RB, Najee Harris is my favorite. These 2 players change the entire dynamics of our offense and create instant offense.
Couldn't agree more. This makes our QB significantly better, along with our young line. Draft a Center in the second, along with Terrace Marshall and now we're cooking!

Dolphins Offensive Line allowed 34 sacks between Tua and Fitz. That is the 9th worst in the league. (this is not even counting QB hurries and hits).
Mahomes and Brady only got sacked 22 times total in 16 games.
Its time for the front Office to solidify this OL starting with Penei Sewell at #3.

All this comes down to how Flo and staff project Hunt, Jackson, and Kindley. It is likely they will improve with an OS in the weight room and work on technique. If they are seen as good OLmen who need an OS, fans can drop all hope of Sewell. Other needs are too valuable. If, OTOH, Hunt, for example, is seen as having peaked and Flo is unhappy with that peak, maybe an OLman. Just my opinion, but I'm inclined ll 3 get an OS to improve

Biggest need is weapons. Trade down a few spots, add another 2nd, and a 2022 pick.

Draft Smith after trading back. Not only do we get extra picks, we probably save money to draft slot.

Draft Leatherwood in the 2nd. He has played on the right side in the past, and would lock down RT blind side with Hunt kicking down to Guard.

You would still have pick 18 and two more 2nds to get another WR, RB, and Center

Back
Top Bottom