OFFENSIVE LINE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFENSIVE LINE

that's ridiculous.

robert hunt did play well at right tackle (in my opinion), but everyone in the universe said his best position as a pro would be at guard.

it wasn't just "our staff" finagling some weird, obscure, position-maneuver there.

eich was drafted to play right tackle to allow hunt to move to his best spot and really solidify the right side of the line.

i don't see how anybody could disagree with that line of thinking (and i don't recall anybody disagreeing with it as it was being discussed on these boards).

the fact that eichenberg spent his career at LT at notre dame only means he was their best offensive lineman.

most college LTs do not remain at LT in the pros (as has been discussed ad infinitum on here).

they become right tackles and guards (and, of course, a few elite ones remain at LT).

your reasons for why the line has struggled comes across as "just saying inaccurate stuff."
Not at all…do you deny that they have a habit of moving young lineman around too much?

Eichenberg has been repeatedly moved and not allowed to stabilize in one position.

They did the same with Hunt!

No less an authority than Richmond Webb has cited this as a problem in the Dolphins coaching and publicly commented on the need to put young lineman in one position and let them mature!

So who is “inaccurate” here?

Miami is currently project to pick 14th in the draft. Philly has our #4 spot. Next year has to be all offensive line.
Dolphins will win at leased 6 or 7 games this yr. Once they get it together

Not at all…do you deny that they have a habit of moving young lineman around too much?

Eichenberg has been repeatedly moved and not allowed to stabilize in one position.

No less an authority than Richmond Webb has cited this as a problem in the Dolphins coaching and publicly commented on the need to put young lineman in one position and let them mature!

i didn't take issue with that small part of your post, and i personally am all for picking a spot and leaving them there.

but i'm not a coach, and i don't know if moving certain Olinemen around the line early in their careers (or throughout their careers) makes them better players in the long run.

i didn't take issue with that small part of your post, and i personally am all for picking a spot and leaving them there.

but i'm not a coach, and i don't know if moving certain Olinemen around the line early in their careers (or throughout their careers) makes them better players in the long run.
I’m not a coach either…but I have observed over the decades of watching NFL football the need to let your O-line gel as a unit and the need to let a young O-lineman attempt to master one position, only moving them in an emergency situation or if you determine they have failed at one position.

In my opinion…the repeated moving of Eichenberg has been ridiculous, and the moving of Robert Hunt on a young line in need of stability contributed greatly to the failure we have observed.

I’m not a coach either…but I have observed over the decades of watching NFL football the need to let your O-line gel as a unit and the need to let a young O-lineman attempt to master one position, only moving them in an emergency situation or if you determine they have failed at one position.

In my opinion…the repeated moving of Eichenberg has been ridiculous, and the moving of Robert Hunt on a young line in need of stability contributed greatly to the failure we have observed.
let's just hope it's early growing pains, and Eich becomes the stud RT and Hunt becomes the stud RG that we need them to be.

Before the season started I posted several times our success would hinder on our OL. I’d never thought in a million years I was going to see OL play as bad as the Dallas Thomas days but here we are once again. This front office is clueless, their job was to protect Tua at all cost to evaluate him. As much as I love waddle, the right pick should of been Sewell and then someone like josh Myers. This draft should of been all O LINENAN & one stud RB. If I’m Tua I’m not coming back from IR with Jackson and Davis playing tackle.

I don't understand Jax. He was playing well until injury. The regression this year has been breath-taking. There's more to that than talent.
I was never a fan of Davis as starter, but he's regressed. Seems lost.
Kindley came in out of shape and was demoted. Even giving that, he's regressed.
Hunt, IMO, is the only one close to playing well and he has his moments.
Deiter and Eich, I can understand that.
None of them seem to playing up to talent level. One guy regressing is on the player. Half or more of the OL regresssing in coaching.

I've been saying this for a while now. Flores is trying to give the young kids way too much to think about. Let them get good at one position first before you start moving them around so much

I know, every thread is a carbon copy of the endless billion whining threads before it

I’ve decreased my active participation on the forum by easily 75%. I can’t do negative, negative, fire everyone, OL, Grier, blah blah blah everyday. It’s legit unhealthy!

I LOVE the Dolphins. But I LOVE my peace of mind even more.

Oh give me a break, You all thought the same thing ... lol
Most vital area of need up grade and mostly the "all" you talk about as aware of what going on are still not wanting to face reality though must say being forced.

Look today , " Another thread sigh " Biggest down fall of this team besides coaching screw up and the brain storm in here is tired of taking about it.
How many times through the last month we've seen, Oh another OL threat, "what another one " OL Not again etc etc etc....By passing talented OL men in FA with hardly a chirp.
Know this is another touchy area and saying it because not it was my view but I was the object of a lot of those fools blindness to just how friggin important the OL will be for success.

You heard Tua this and that endlessly, we need a RB endlessly, and OL basically not really understood by the much of the big shot FH gang hoping to direct the dialog.

Well the collector has come for his dues and we see not only the cluelessness, but the important area missed for success the last 6 months but even today the blindness and even little concern though it got our potential farnchise QB knocked silly.......Just a reality check and letting Goonie know I'm on board and he's 100% right.
You should run for president because all I hear from your post is I predicted this and I predicted that and mostly blah blah blah
Posters coming here looking for redemption crack me the **** up
Get over it, mostly everyone here complained about the same thing

This front office's (Griers) chart for 'what do we look for in an offensive lineman' consists of only 2 things...

1. Is he fat
2. Can he stand there

The end.

No wonder we still have problems after an infinite number of years....
OK, that’s kinda what I needed on a Friday. I’ll be chuckling all day……

What I find odd is almost everyone on our line has been shuffled around or played out of position.

Except Jackson. I would assume your worst lineman would be the one getting moved around.

It's a shame. This was an obvious issue going into the season. I remember reading mostly " its just preseason" "wait till the 4th game" " chicken little"

Sigh, oh well. The obvious issue is going to ruin careers before they start, get people fired hurt etc.

I am still shocked Flores, of all people, coming FROM NE, has developed this disaster of a line.

I still wonder how diferrent this season would look with Sewell and Creed Humphries who were my picks.

We wouldn't have Waddle and eichenberg. I really like Waddle, so I am not overly upset we drafted him. I just ponder

I am curious how much better our offense would look.

Hopefully they can play halfway decent from here on out.

I still believe it's set up nicely for Tua.

When he comes back and leads us to the Playoffs, it should forever silence his critics.

He has 2 games to get momentum going. Make it happen

Miami is currently project to pick 14th in the draft. Philly has our #4 spot. Next year has to be all offensive line.
I disagree. Don’t draft them. Sign some studs in FA and fix this thing. No more over drafted turds, bargain FAs who stink etc. Spend money on not 1 but 2 excellent vets.

I’ve decreased my active participation on the forum by easily 75%. I can’t do negative, negative, fire everyone, OL, Grier, blah blah blah everyday. It’s legit unhealthy!

I LOVE the Dolphins. But I LOVE my peace of mind even more.
Mine has actually increased because as just a fan i was disagreeing with most of the moves since Flores which was a deliberate removal of talent that was supposed to be replaced by these geniuses and wasn't
Turns out I was much more right then they
5Te's, 18DB's ...zero RB's, afterthought OL smallish QB coming off a major injury when a stud (yes I was all in on Herbert and all out on Tua as the pick) was right there and made a lot of sense...sorry I am pi$$ed and it is coming out
The faster we clean out these guys the better
That is my positive view
I will be negative when it doesn't happen

Back
Top Bottom