Offensive Scheme | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Scheme

Been sayn' it ova and ova -- Gase and Thill have a LOT to prove this season. And they better start proving it right out of the gate. Get a jump on teams and score TDs early and often. Get off to a winning record -- and maintain positive mojo. No more losing streaks!

Can Gase produce a highly efficient, disciplined O? Does he have the right QB in place? Does he have the "locker room ambiance" dialed in for max productivity? And what about the D? Is the bearded extreme vacationer capable of playing chess with new pieces? Will he find a winning strategy? Will teams exploit our "soft interior" and just steadily, methodically move the pig down the field?

Bottom line IMO, Gase is supposedly a "brilliant" young offensive mind. Perhaps he is. But I have not quite seen that yet. It's now Y3 in the program and the "brilliance" better start to shine...

It's amazing how many fans don't understand this basic concept. It's a practice game on TV in full uniform. That's it.
How can you evaluate anything without having some sort of expectations? That makes absolutely no sense. If they are reviewing film after and note that Gesicki missed a block, clearly there was an expectation for him to not miss it. Basic concept.

No I wasn't. I was still skeptical of him as the head coach long term. They lucked out in a lot of those games they won at the end of that year. It wasn't like they were dominating teams. They could have easily lost some of the games they won. The game at San Diego and at Buffalo come to mind. I didn't think they were a very good team that year even though they made the playoffs and then they got exposed against the Steelers.

Don't disagree much, but keep in mind, step one for bad teams is beating other bad teams, then, pulling out close games. Miami did that. Lucky wins? Who was it who said 'the more I practice, the luckier I get.' Not quite my point, but good teams seem to be 'luckier than bad teams. Fans saw progress in '16. Now the next step . . . beat bad teams easily and beat average teams.

Player Att Cmp Pct Yds YPA TD TD% Int Int% Lg Sack Loss Rate
Ryan Tannehill 23 18 78.3 132 5.7 0 0.0 0 0.0 15 0 0 90.6

Not bad for a QB who has not played live football for 606 days, IMO....with about 1/4 of the playbook on display. 78.3 completion percentage....

Offensive mistakes and penalties are and always will be a killer. At some point Gase will start benching (or cutting) linemen for boneheaded plays.

Gesicki not even getting targeted in the passing game because they have him working on blocking....and seem pretty confident in his receiving skills.

No #1 or #2 receiver yet.

Kenyan Drake with 6.36 ypc

My thoughts exactly. Everyone o this site thinks it's vanilla because it's preseason.......but its been vanilla for 2 seasons now

Vanilla last year cause “almost-babymomma-beater” didn’t know the playbook like he should, J-train adlibbed, Cutler was... well.... Cutler, and O-line. I’m a believer in Gase.

Smart players, Gore, Gesicki, a consistent Oline and players who meet Gase’s expectations regarding playbook -I predict we have an excellent offense by mid Nov.

It will take some time. Ingredients are there as long as RT17 is healthy.

For the record since I see this thread got into Gase and Philbin. We've only had two proven HC's in our history. Shula and JJ and of course JJ didn't win it all with us tho he did built a good defense. Every other HC beside those two has been bad.....jury's still out on Gase. Lets be fair here. Two years and made the playoffs his first and losing record last year but with no QB among other injuries so we'll see what happens this year but at this point is hard to say he's either the right coach or not.

Ok. Preseason is over with. Regular season just about over with...what was gase hiding in the preseason offensively so that he could save it for the regular season?

Back
Top Bottom