Offensive Scheme | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Scheme

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
If we run this scheme of short bubble screens and very conservative running game, we are going to have to be perfect in our execution. If we have a penalty or we take a loss on a play, there is no margin for error and we will not be able to overcome it. It certainly will be detrimental to the defense. Hopefully this will change and we open up a bit in the next game. If not, the predictions on the season maybe prophetic..

This offense continues to yawn. Yes it’s preseason but my God what is with the screens and dink and dunk crap all the time. We can excuse it away as being vanilla but problem is this is same junk we see in season with Gase.

RT for the love of God strike downfield. Take some chances. Unfortunately it’s not who he is.

I think most of what we've seen so far this preseason is what we're made of, I'm afraid.

You can be hiding something up your sleeve but when you can't perform the basics consistently, what's up your sleeve won't matter.

This offense continues to yawn. Yes it’s preseason but my God what is with the screens and dink and dunk crap all the time. We can excuse it away as being vanilla but problem is this is same junk we see in season with Gase.

RT for the love of God strike downfield. Take some chances. Unfortunately it’s not who he is.

My thoughts exactly. Everyone o this site thinks it's vanilla because it's preseason.......but its been vanilla for 2 seasons now

Don’t worry it’s Vanilla week. Offense was Vanilla Bean last week. Next week will be French Vanilla, come opening day the offense will be Rocky Road.
Unfortunately, the past three years of regular season play doesn't lead me to that conclusion.

I was hoping this year would be different, but there is literally nothing that would point to any substantial change.

Me thinks you are wearing rose colored glasses.

you might not have noticed but Stills and Parker were missing.

Without our 2 starting wrs the scheme was rather different playing with 3 small guys

Parker is a guy people were hoping to trade or get demoted, now he is the reason the offense is schemed to pass short right, short left? Oh, I get it, coach Gase is trolling people here, we have short receivers so do short passes. Haha, what a comedian.

I don't have access to the all 22 or coach film or whatever, but I'd be curious to know if on these short passes there were other options open that Tannehill just didn't risk. In the past that has definitely been the case from film others have provided, in which Tannehill makes an accurate/difficult pass to a guy 5-7 yards downfield, meanwhile here's a wide open receiver 15-20 yards breaking free.

Unfortunately, the past three years of regular season play doesn't lead me to that conclusion.

I was hoping this year would be different, but there is literally nothing that would point to any substantial change.

Me thinks you are wearing rose colored glasses.
Lol my post was all sarcasm bro.

Without our 2 starting wrs the scheme was rather different playing with 3 small guys
You have a point, to some extent, but its not like this performance was an outlier, or a freak thing. This has been going on for the better part of three seasons, irrespective of the names on the jersey.

I understand those guys not playing, but Stills is small and Parker plays small. Issue is not the players so much, but a very weak coaching staff.

I don't think I have ever criticized Gase before. He took over an awful team, and I gave him a pass for last years debacle.

My patience is growing pretty thin now though. I've always said you can't build a winner when you change staffs every couple of years. I am almost to the point of saying blow it up. Very sad.

Back
Top Bottom