Offensive Scheme | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Scheme

Unfortunately, that's the complete opposite of Gase's (and Philbin's) offensive philosophy.

The last time the Dolphins had a good offensive playcaller was Scott Linehan in 2005 under Nick Saban. He did pretty well with Gus Frerotte at QB and Chris Chambers at WR. Linehan ran a pro style offense and liked to throw it deep.

Philbin was God awful but when he was coach we were near the top of the league in fewest penalties. Gase has us near the bottom now as we are one of the highest penalized teams since his arrival. He has yet to prove that his team can play disciplined football.

Don’t worry it’s Vanilla week. Offense was Vanilla Bean last week. Next week will be French Vanilla, come opening day the offense will be Rocky Road.

Unfortunately, this intelligent double entendre was lost on the less intelligent.

well played Mr. N.Fan!

I just don't think Adam Gase is that good of a playcaller. I mean what did he really do as an OC to make anybody think he was a good playcaller? He rode Peyton Manning's offense in Denver.
Play calling is what Adam Gase does best. I’m not convinced yet he’s head coach material but he’s probably the best play caller in the league. (This is based on the last two REGULAR seasons. I don’t care about the play calls in the pre-season.)

I'm glad we're trying to perfect the rb screens. Cant tell you how long i've been saying that needs to be a staple of our offense. Keeps the qb clean, gives open space to our playmaker, keeps the defense guessing and presure at bay.

Play calling is what Adam Gase does best. I’m not convinced yet he’s head coach material but he’s probably the best play caller in the league. (This is based on the last two REGULAR seasons. I don’t care about the play calls in the pre-season.)

What are you smoking? What gives you the impression that Adam Gase is the best play caller in the league let alone an average play caller to begin with? The Dolphins offense hasn't exactly been lighting it up the last two years.

Last edited:
Philbin was God awful but when he was coach we were near the top of the league in fewest penalties. Gase has us near the bottom now as we are one of the highest penalized teams since his arrival. He has yet to prove that his team can play disciplined football.
philbin was not that bad as hc. I have seen worst,,, he just could not make playoff... Gase and Philbin is same coach.. the only good point is Gase made playoff one yr..

philbin was not that bad as hc. I have seen worst,,, he just could not make playoff... Gase and Philbin is same coach.. the only good point is Gase made playoff one yr..

Gase made the playoffs in his first year, and got screwed year 2 by having his only viable starting QB get injured for the season. Not only was Philbin a terrible HC but he also had 0 fire, Gase has more energy in his pinky than Queasy has in his entire body.

I’m not the biggest Gase fan but this isn’t even remotely true.
give it some time. you will see
the difference between two are 2013 and 2014 we had chance make playoff. thill17 and dolphins didn't come thru.
2016 Mat Moore.Ajayi and dolphins came thru for us w 2.5 game at end of yr.

Last edited:
If you look at the run/pass ratio, I’d bring the run emphasis up. I like the talent in the backfield and they can run the football well if they are willing to do it. Then, off the run, I’d throw the football downfield. This is classic Al Davis football, but it can work with this roster. I’m confident Wilson and Grant will separate and get open downfield. Stills is a given in this regard.

If you’ve got the defense lurching forward because of the run defense, you can punish them downfield with the pass game.

You don’t have tough, physical receivers who can sit down and catch short passes with toughness. You are asking for too many things to go right on long drives if you obsess over short passes.

Run the football and throw it downfield. You will get chunk yardage and big plays running that offense.
Actually this year I think we have the most well-rounded offense I've seen for sometime in Miami. Your points are well taken but actually we do have short-area toughness as well: Gesicki and Amendola. Really we can target our game plan week-to-week and drive-to-drive, which is why I'm so excited to see if Gase can flash some schematic genius this year. But I agree that the Al Davis approach is suddenly a viable addition this year that needs some air time. Hard to imagine us not being an above-average offense if THill is healthy and pass pro holds up.

Reactions: BSQ
They dont expect anything. Its an evaluation. These are tryouts, they are observing individual players. Also they have different units for different plays. And I am 100% sure the plays are scripted. They gonna run certian plays regardless of the score.

It's amazing how many fans don't understand this basic concept. It's a practice game on TV in full uniform. That's it.

giphy.gif

Reactions: BSQ
Back
Top Bottom