Offer Made To Sammy Knight | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offer Made To Sammy Knight

Two words that spell doom for the Saints -

Jim Haslett.

Originally posted by DNY
Two words that spell doom for the Saints -

Jim Haslett.

Heh you read that article where his own kid phoned him in the draft room criticizing his picks? lol

There has been probably more than a dozen thread about Knight.

Aren't you bored off repeating the same thing ?

I am. Hey Miami, just sign him so we could pass to another subject.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Also Greg we are not the only ones interested in Knight. Green Bay has put an offer on the table also
Harrison didn't sign for big money. He signed a $2.5 million signing bonus with a $655k base salary. He's a one year rental with a cap # of $1.07 million this season (6 year contract with a nice bump in base salary and roster bonuses next year).

Hell even our 2 time Pro Bowler Brock Marion's so called big contract was a $2.75 million signing bonus with base salaries of $650,000 (2002), $800,000 (2003) before we cut him again. This was after we screwed him with a one year $477,000 and a $150k signing bonus just one year removed from a Pro Bowl in June after no one would give him a decent contract value.

I'm well aware that Green Bay is interested....and that the steelers were interested before the draft. It just seems if such a "great" safety were available for 1.5mil or less, more teams would be interested.

As for Harrison...his contract was about 4yrs/13mil....something like that....knight won't even come close...But he was seeking 3mil per at start of free agency.

Heh you read that article where his own kid phoned him in the draft room criticizing his picks? lol

i know you, a dolphin fan, isn't trying to say the saints had a bad draft. I've only seen one place rate them lower that a B+....most are A- or B+...I give the draft a B+ myself only becuase i would've liked to have seen another impact defensive player taken on the first day. We had a solid first day....and a couple potential steals on day two that really won me over.

Draft Grades are a joke. Go back to prior years and look at how many A's the Bengals have received.

Originally posted by zachseau13
Draft Grades are a joke. Go back to prior years and look at how many A's the Bengals have received.

You're right, it doesn't mean anything until the players prove themselves on the field.

And you'll tell me that "experts" like Pete Prisco knows all the player drafted and how they fit in a team ...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Luckily, they have less. We are further under the cap than they are. :)

This is true. However, Green Bay isn't trying to reserve money to sign a well known QB who will be on the market in June (Brian Griese). That's the reason we are handcuffed by our cap #'s. We have to have $ to go after Griese and to sign the draft picks. Even though we don't have to shell out for a #1 pick, we still have to put out a lot of dough.

So, we are really down a million or two from what we actually have available when you factor in Griese. I think Knight will go with GB if it's significantly more $$ and a longer term deal.

Right now, I believe our cap # is around $2.9 M, but we'll have another $.75 M freed up when we release Rodgers after June 1. That will help, but I think it's going to be a tight squeeze and we may need to be a little more aggressive if we want Knight. As another has noted, I'll be excited when his name is on the dotted line.

Originally posted by zachseau13

I have my own draft grade....just using others as supporting info. For the 3rd straight year, the saints had a very good draft.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nope..He's not

Originally posted by Saint Greg

Rumor....and most likely not true. even if it is, it was deserved IMO. I'm a huge Roaf fan....we went to the same college....but i have reason to believe he cheated on his wife long before those rumors ever began.

You think every player that has been to one pro bowl is a great player? Knight probably runs a 4.6 40...which is about the same as our slowest linebacker. If he was a great player, he'd probably have more than 1 or 2 teams interested, don't you think? He'd probably be signed by May, don't you think? He wouldn't be struggling to get 1.5mil, don't you think?

he was our 3rd or 4th best lineman last year. LeCharles Bentley was easily our best....and Kendall Jacox was a close 2nd. Both deserved Pro Bowl consideration IMO...Turley...not even close.

Absolutely....they would be crazy to give top LT money to a player that isn't worth it...or 3 mil to a safety that can't even get 1.5 on the open market. It's called cap management....and it's going to pay off very soon.

Nah...what's laughable is your knowledge of the saints and saints players.

No..what is laughable is your FRANCHISE. How many playoff wins in your teams History? That's laughable. You actually posting here trying to smack here is laughable. Let me guess, your better withgout Ricky williams too huh Homer? He can't stay healthy or make big plays right? Letting him go is making you a better team.....Sure

Great playoff record there Gumbo. I know two of the Saints former players personally, and coached them. I'm sure you got to know them better by standing around like the pimply faced Ace Ventura getting autographs of one the the NFL's worst organizations. The guys I knew there couldnt wait to get out of there. :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nope..He's not

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

No..what is laughable is your FRANCHISE. How many playoff wins in your teams History? That's laughable. You actually posting here trying to smack here is laughable. Let me guess, your better withgout Ricky williams too huh Homer? He can't stay healthy or make big plays right? Letting him go is making you a better team.....Sure

Great playoff record there Gumbo. I know two of the Saints former players personally, and coached them. I'm sure you got to know them better by standing around like the pimply faced Ace Ventura getting autographs of one the the NFL's worst organizations. The guys I knew there couldnt wait to get out of there. :lol:

If you want to bring up some real points...we can talk.

I know why...

Originally posted by Samphin
Why is everyone always ripping on Saint Greg? Personally, I find him to be one of the more knowledgable outside fans on this site. However, Greg, you are a homer but that is ok because all of us here our as well. While I won't try to sit here and bicker about Saints players since I do not have extensive knowledge of them. I do have to disagree with you about Knight. I do not think he left strictly for money and I think he is a fine player who would be an IMPROVEMENT for Miami over Arturo Freeman. Also, a quick question, you guys signed Gandy to an expensive five year contract and then drafted an LT. Why?

I love it. You see what I saw.
It's called running in circles cap management,....and the saints learned it from their NBA version LA Clippers. Players play there and play well, then become FA and run like the devil to get out. Anywhere else is fine.:D

Ps...Nothing Personal Greg. But I do think the Saints are one of the least loyal organizations to their established players since your new guy took over....

Well it was all over the media about Knight not wanting to play in New Orleans anymore. Sure he is slow but the guy makes the plays and when compared with Arturo would be a nice upgrade. Plus he has a much much better class of players to play along with Marion, Surtain and Madison. All he will be asked to do is be a ballhawk.

Also Greg we are not the only ones interested in Knight. Green Bay has put an offer on the table also. Dawkins was an exception to the rule as he is the best FS in football and is absolutely loved in Philly. Not to mention Philly has a rare commodity this year.......cap room.

Harrison didn't sign for big money. He signed a $2.5 million signing bonus with a $655k base salary. He's a one year rental with a cap # of $1.07 million this season (6 year contract with a nice bump in base salary and roster bonuses next year).

Hell even our 2 time Pro Bowler Brock Marion's so called big contract was a $2.75 million signing bonus with base salaries of $650,000 (2002), $800,000 (2003) before we cut him again. This was after we screwed him with a one year $477,000 and a $150k signing bonus just one year removed from a Pro Bowl in June after no one would give him a decent contract value.

Safeties just aren't valued highly especially strong safeties. The bigger money goes to the FS's.

Steelers, Packers, Dolphins all had or have interest in signing Knight.

You called him Gumbo...

:lol:

sorry...but...

The Saint's franchise certainly is not a proud one...
and they have made mistake after mistake...

and so far there is no reason to believe that Haslet is any different....

Mora made the playoffs too...whoopee.

Re: You called him Gumbo...

Originally posted by RHoffman

sorry...but...

The Saint's franchise certainly is not a proud one...
and they have made mistake after mistake...

and so far there is no reason to believe that Haslet is any different....

Mora made the playoffs too...whoopee.

Here we go.....people have to bring up the whole "history" thing. If you don't win a championship, the playoffs mean nothing....so as far as i'm concerned, you guys are 1 up on us. And i dont' want to talk about what happened 30+ years ago...that's a little before my time.

Back
Top Bottom