Offical NBA DRAFT thread | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical NBA DRAFT thread

DolphinDevil28 said:
You and me both.

That's why I'm staying away from this thread. (Except for this one post.)

I'll just let my sig talk for me and enjoy when nyjunc is enjoying his pecan-crusted crow with a side of bourbon.

....hell, we get to laugh at him this year about his hating on JJ AND his homerism for the Jets!!!

Who made your sigs, just curious? BTW, altho im a heat fan, i do think that was a good pick for the Magic.

i think redick will be a solid player but not great..how bout the knicks draft???

nyjunc said:
is aid 42% is GOOD, it's not great and everyone talked about him like he was great. 42% was a CAREER HIGH, he wasa 40% overall 3P shooter in coolege- again GOOD but FAR from great. And please stop w/ the nonsense he was double teamed his whole career b/c that couldn't be more untrue. His 1st 2 years he was 3rd or 4th option on the team, no one was doubling him. He had Duhon, Deng, Ewing, Williams and others around him. this year it was all about redick and he did the same things he did his whole career. Satrt out strong against the weak non-conf schedule play well in the 1st half of the ACC then wear down, have a little resurgence in the ACC tourney then fall on his face come the most important games of the year-the NCAA Tourney. If a guy wears down after 25 or so games in College how the heck can he stand up to an 82 game sched?
do you honestly think he's not a good 3 point shooter? forget the stats, he has one of the best shooting strokes in the world. stop the hating

nick1 said:
do you honestly think he's not a good 3 point shooter? forget the stats, he has one of the best shooting strokes in the world. stop the hating

He has perfect form and I am sure he rarely misses in the shootaround but if it dosn't translate to the game what's the use? A 40% shooter is NOT great, not close to great. Salim Stoudamire was over 50% 2 years ago- that's great, Kerr was 57% his Sr. yr- that's great. 40% is not close to great. I agree about the form, I am a shooter myself and I admire the form but the results don't lie.

let's just wait and see but I think Redick will tear it up in the NBA

nyjunc said:
He has perfect form and I am sure he rarely misses in the shootaround but if it dosn't translate to the game what's the use? A 40% shooter is NOT great, not close to great. Salim Stoudamire was over 50% 2 years ago- that's great, Kerr was 57% his Sr. yr- that's great. 40% is not close to great. I agree about the form, I am a shooter myself and I admire the form but the results don't lie.

Heres something for you bro...do you realize how many times redick had to shoot a 3 this year with 2 people guarding him...kerr and stoudamire didnt attract the attention from defenses in colleges like redick did. Stats are misleading, redicks form is beautiful and his shot is as well. Worst Case Scenario hes a Kyle Korver type player...Best Case scenario, sky's the limit

Buddwalk said:
Heres something for you bro...do you realize how many times redick had to shoot a 3 this year with 2 people guarding him...kerr and stoudamire didnt attract the attention from defenses in colleges like redick did. Stats are misleading, redicks form is beautiful and his shot is as well. Worst Case Scenario hes a Kyle Korver type player...Best Case scenario, sky's the limit

Are you kiding? Stoudamire had as much attention, I don't remember whether Kerr did or not but Jj had a ton of open shots as well. Duke did everything they could to get Redick open, the gameplan of the O was to screen for JJ so he wasn't always shooting over 2 people. sure teams helped out on D and tried to make things diccicult but teams did not ahve 2 people on him at all times and ONCE AGAIN what about his 1st 2 years when he was option #3 or 4? He still shot under 40% and had all the pressure taken away b/c of the talented players around him that were the initial options.

nyjunc said:
Are you kiding? Stoudamire had as much attention, I don't remember whether Kerr did or not but Jj had a ton of open shots as well. Duke did everything they could to get Redick open, the gameplan of the O was to screen for JJ so he wasn't always shooting over 2 people. sure teams helped out on D and tried to make things diccicult but teams did not ahve 2 people on him at all times and ONCE AGAIN what about his 1st 2 years when he was option #3 or 4? He still shot under 40% and had all the pressure taken away b/c of the talented players around him that were the initial options.

I never said he was the greatest 3 pt shooter did I? I said he can hit 3s and has a beautiful shot which is true.

Buddwalk said:
I never said he was the greatest 3 pt shooter did I? I said he can hit 3s and has a beautiful shot which is true.

I agree he CAN hit 3s and has a beautiful stroke but that doesn't mean he'll be a good NBA player. Again the facts are in his college career he shot the 3 ar 40%- good but not great.

nyjunc said:
I agree he CAN hit 3s and has a beautiful stroke but that doesn't mean he'll be a good NBA player. Again the facts are in his college career he shot the 3 ar 40%- good but not great.

Your beating a dead horse with the 40% bit.

There are CIRCUMSTANCES that have to be factored in, and you refuse to do so.

Phinz4Life said:
Your beating a dead horse with the 40% bit.

There are CIRCUMSTANCES that have to be factored in, and you refuse to do so.

What circumstances? his poor shot selection? his choking in big spots? What are the circumstances? You act like redick is the 1st player to ever see a doube team. ONCE AGAIN he wasn't the main guy his 1st 2 years, never saw a DT his 1st 2 yars and shot UNDER 40% each year- what's the excuse for those years? What's the excuse for missing a wide open shot to beat MD in the '04 ACC Title Game? What's the excuse for missing TWO WIDE OPEN 3's to beat UConn in the '04 FF? Whate's the excuse for going scoreless in the 2nd half against UNC in the final reg season game of '05 then msising a WIDE OPEN shot to win it? What are the excuses- I mean "circumstances"?

Back
Top Bottom