Offical NBA DRAFT thread | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical NBA DRAFT thread

byroan said:
Yeah, when you shoot as many as he does. You should be able to make a lot.:rolleyes:

dont worry guys...byroan is a unc fan, hes been hating on redick since he arrived at duke :chuckle:

Dont worry byroan just messing with ya :wink: :wink: :wink:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Yeah, there's NO UNC bias in this post. :rolleyes2

Man, Otis Smith should have called you before the pick.

It has nothing to do w/ a UNC bias. It has to do w/ watching the vastly overrated redick for 4 years. This "great" shooter NEVER led his own conference in 3P shooting, this "great" shooter barely shot 40% from 3 for his career and 2 of his 4 years he was under 40%. His shot selection and shooting %s were far from great, he scored alot b/c he shot it alot and b/c he went to the FT line every time you came w/in 3 feet of him. Let's not forget his sterling NCAA Tourneys. I'll miss JJ b/c when the game was on the line JJ was always the go to guy but he never delivered and now he has to perform against players more athletic, bigger, stronger, etc... Good luck JJ:sidelol:

Nappy Roots said:
JJ was also the main guy and had to carry that team, and had to create his own shots for the most part, something hes not great at, so his shot selection wasnt as good as it should have been. He'll have alot more open shots in Orlando compared to Duke.

The last year or 2 yes but JJ was not the main guy his 1st 2 years and he ut up similar % #s and choked in the Tourney just as he did when he was the main guy. And he had a million open shots at duke, they screenbed well for him and he had tons of open shots. It wasn't like he was always shooting w/ 2 guys in his face.

Quien said:
how was JJ not the best 3p in his confrence any year? HE HAS THE MOST 3P'S IN NCAA... EVER

That "record" is 3 pointers MADE. The 3P leader is the best % shooter, it's not hard to make as many as JJ when ou take as many as JJ but his career 3P % was 40% and that is good NOT even close to great.

nyjunc said:
That "record" is 3 pointers MADE. The 3P leader is the best % shooter, it's not hard to make as many as JJ when ou take as many as JJ but his career 3P % was 40% and that is good NOT even close to great.

Can't deny Redick has NBA range, and what are you talking about 40% is not even close to great? ..The 3 point leader is the best % shooter? So someone can come in and go 1-for-1 lifetime and be a better 3 point man than Redick? :confused:

HysterikiLL said:
Can't deny Redick has NBA range, and what are you talking about 40% is not even close to great? ..The 3 point leader is the best % shooter? So someone can come in and go 1-for-1 lifetime and be a better 3 point man than Redick? :confused:

he does have great range, does that make hima great 3P shooter? No 1 for 1 doesn't make someone a grat 3P shooter. There is a minimum amount of attempts a player needs to qualify for the leaders.

I personally don't see Redick as a star in the NBA, I think he will be a decent player, maybe in the mold of a Steve Kerr, the type that if he is left open, he will kill you, put a man in his face, and he will have trouble.

If Redick is surronded by good talent he can be very decent.

But he won't cover anyone a lick!

Buddwalk said:
dont worry guys...byroan is a unc fan, hes been hating on redick since he arrived at duke :chuckle:

Dont worry byroan just messing with ya :wink: :wink: :wink:

I don't have a problem with Shelden Williams. I think he'll be pretty good in the NBA. Redick won't amount to much of anything.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I personally don't see Redick as a star in the NBA, I think he will be a decent player, maybe in the mold of a Steve Kerr, the type that if he is left open, he will kill you, put a man in his face, and he will have trouble.

If Redick is surronded by good talent he can be very decent.

But he won't cover anyone a lick!

STAR? That was never a question, the question is can he be a decent player and I don't think there's a chance. Again I have seen the Steve Kerr comparisons a million times yet JJ was a 40% 3P shooter in college and Kerr(playing in a better era of CBB b/c kids weren't jumping from HS to the NBA and most early entrants were Jr's) in his only year w/ the 3P line in College shot 57%! 57% against BETTER competition than Redick. Kerr was TRULY a great shooter not an overhyped, overrated player like redick. I think Vitale's head would explode if JJ shot 57% from 3.

nyjunc said:
STAR? That was never a question, the question is can he be a decent player and I don't think there's a chance. Again I have seen the Steve Kerr comparisons a million times yet JJ was a 40% 3P shooter in college and Kerr(playing in a better era of CBB b/c kids weren't jumping from HS to the NBA and most early entrants were Jr's) in his only year w/ the 3P line in College shot 57%! 57% against BETTER competition than Redick. Kerr was TRULY a great shooter not an overhyped, overrated player like redick. I think Vitale's head would explode if JJ shot 57% from 3.

so basically no one is as good in the NBA at 3s as Kerr was. no one shot 57% in college now adays.

listen, im a magic fan, and i dont like the pick, but i think JJ can be a Decent 6th man coming off the bench to shoot.

nyjunc said:
(playing in a better era of CBB b/c kids weren't jumping from HS to the NBA and most early entrants were Jr's)

There is no way you can compare the talent level back then to now. Sure players weren't leaving early from high school, btu there are far better athletes nowadays.

Nappy Roots said:
so basically no one is as good in the NBA at 3s as Kerr was. no one shot 57% in college now adays.

listen, im a magic fan, and i dont like the pick, but i think JJ can be a Decent 6th man coming off the bench to shoot.

you don't have to shoot 57% but JJ shot 40%. That's a far cry from 57%. 40% is GOOd but not close to great especially when you factor in the fact that he wasn't a clutch shooter. i'll take a 40% shooter who is clutch when you need a shot made but he is the anti-clutch.

JTBRLZ said:
There is no way you can compare the talent level back then to now. Sure players weren't leaving early from high school, btu there are far better athletes nowadays.

There might be far better athletes but back then there were far better BASKETBALL PLAYERS. Again the level of playesr today compared to that time isn't close. A team like GM never would have had a praryer to make a FF back then. All the guys skipping College and leaving after a year have hurt CBB and the talnt level isn't close to what it was prior to the late 90s.

nyjunc said:
you don't have to shoot 57% but JJ shot 40%. That's a far cry from 57%. 40% is GOOd but not close to great especially when you factor in the fact that he wasn't a clutch shooter. i'll take a 40% shooter who is clutch when you need a shot made but he is the anti-clutch.

JJ was not anti-clutch. dont know what duke you were watching. Was he completely clutch? no. did he hit big shots? yes he did. did he miss some? yes he did.

JJ also shot 42% last year and 40% his junior year while carrying the team. his first 2 years were similar? wtf does that show? Ray Allen shot 40% his freshman year to.....

Nappy Roots said:
JJ was not anti-clutch. dont know what duke you were watching. Was he completely clutch? no. did he hit big shots? yes he did. did he miss some? yes he did.

JJ also shot 42% last year and 40% his junior year while carrying the team. his first 2 years were similar? wtf does that show? Ray Allen shot 40% his freshman year to.....

Please tell me what games he hit GW shots in? if you can find 1 I'll be impressed but i have a list ready of misssed huge shots.

He was a 40% shooter in college, under 40% his 1st 2 years and slightly over his last 2. That's not great. Allen also shot 45 and 47% his last 2 years at UConn and never under 40% like JJ did half his college career.

nyjunc said:
Please tell me what games he hit GW shots in? if you can find 1 I'll be impressed but i have a list ready of misssed huge shots.

He was a 40% shooter in college, under 40% his 1st 2 years and slightly over his last 2. That's not great. Allen also shot 45 and 47% his last 2 years at UConn and never under 40% like JJ did half his college career.

:rolleyes2

Duke lost 4 games last year, he didnt have a chance to miss GW shots, wtf are you talkin about..

again, JJ hit BIG shots last year, plenty more then he missed.

and shooting 40 and 42 % while completely carrying a team is good, dispite what you think...

Back
Top Bottom