Offical NBA DRAFT thread | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offical NBA DRAFT thread

JJ had SO little help, he had to create and that meant a lot of bad shots. 40% is astouding with all the pressure he had to face.

Nappy Roots said:
:rolleyes2

Duke lost 4 games last year, he didnt have a chance to miss GW shots, wtf are you talkin about..

again, JJ hit BIG shots last year, plenty more then he missed.

and shooting 40 and 42 % while completely carrying a team is good, dispite what you think...

Duke was preseason #1, weren't they? Yet led by big game JJ they were out in the Sweet 16 AGAIN. he was pathetic in all 4 NCAA Tourneys he played and a major reason why they failed to live up to expectations every year. You can't name any GW shots b/c in his career he had NONE yet he msised tons including the '04 ACC tourney final when he had a wide open 3 to win it in regulation, the '04 FF where he had multiple chances(great looks) against UConn in the final minute, at UNC in '05 where he was held scorelesas in the 2nd half then msised a potential game winning shot in the last seconds and there are many more than those examples.

JJ had SO little help, he had to create and that meant a lot of bad shots. 40% is astouding with all the pressure he had to face.

yeah it must have been rough playing w/ a top 5 draft pick from this year, a top 5 pick next year(McShav) and all the other McD's AA's he played w/. Poor JJ he had no help:sidelol:

The link below has some good info on redick:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9508995/1

I love the Redick pick for the Magic, they desperately needed a guy who can shoot the 3 and Redick has near pefect form from 3. he will be a great player. I am tired of all the Redick haters

nyjunc said:
Duke was preseason #1, weren't they? Yet led by big game JJ they were out in the Sweet 16 AGAIN. he was pathetic in all 4 NCAA Tourneys he played and a major reason why they failed to live up to expectations every year. You can't name any GW shots b/c in his career he had NONE yet he msised tons including the '04 ACC tourney final when he had a wide open 3 to win it in regulation, the '04 FF where he had multiple chances(great looks) against UConn in the final minute, at UNC in '05 where he was held scorelesas in the 2nd half then msised a potential game winning shot in the last seconds and there are many more than those examples.

yeah it must have been rough playing w/ a top 5 draft pick from this year, a top 5 pick next year(McShav) and all the other McD's AA's he played w/. Poor JJ he had no help:sidelol:

The link below has some good info on redick:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9508995/1

And George Mason was ranked what?

DUKE was ranked #1 pre-season, but the TEAM lost J.J didnt on his own, come on man when they change to their names to the Duke J.J Devils and he plays 5 on 1 I will accept that kind of an arguement

Besides he isnt going to carry a team in the NBA

Alex44 said:
And George Mason was ranked what?

DUKE was ranked #1 pre-season, but the TEAM lost J.J didnt on his own, come on man when they change to their names to the Duke J.J Devils and he plays 5 on 1 I will accept that kind of an arguement

Besides he isnt going to carry a team in the NBA
thats a very good point, he's not the kind of guy who will put up 50 a game like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc. but he will make alot of 3 pointers which will take pressure off of Howard and help the Magic win games.

That was K's fault, you'd think after seeing 3 years of JJ coming up small in big games he'd realize JJ couldn't carry them but he insisted on letting JJ take a million shots a game then wera down and cost them a FF run. The bottom line is w/ a great supporting cast he wasn't a great shooter and as the main guy he wasn't a great shooter and he failed in the Tourney in both situations.

but he will make alot of 3 pointers which will take pressure off of Howard and help the Magic win games

He made alot of 3's b/c he took a crazy amount of 3's, he will not have that luxury in the NBA. His % better go way up or he won't even be seeing the court.

nyjunc said:
He made alot of 3's b/c he took a crazy amount of 3's, he will not have that luxury in the NBA. His % better go way up or he won't even be seeing the court.

:sidelol:

his % better go way up from 42%?

Nappy Roots said:

his % better go way up from 42%?

42% in college is equivaent to about 30% in the NBA so yes his % better go way up. He's not a godd defender, won't be able to create his own shots so he'll be relying on Howard drawing all the attention and having open looks so he better be alot better or he will not survive. 42% in college(oh by the way that was ONE year, overall he was a 40% shooter and 2 years less thana 40% shooter) is ok, it's not great.

nyjunc said:
42% in college is equivaent to about 30% in the NBA so yes his % better go way up. 42% in college(oh by the way that was ONE year, overall he was a 40% shooter and 2 years less thana 40% shooter) is ok, it's not great.

:sigh:

your hate is blinding you obviously

Nappy Roots said:
:sigh:

your hate is blinding you obviously

How so? all yuo tell me is how good he was w/ no examples. I have given you examples, I have given you reasons. All you do is fall back on "42%" from 3 this year and that HURTS your argument but you think it helps for some reason. He got better each year, he's a great FT shooter but a 40% shooter from 3 is FAR from great add in he didn't have 1 GW shot in 4 years, completely disappeared come Tourney time, has a back problem and has had some off the court problems and things don't look great for him. If he was completely healthy and had no problems he was never going to be a good NBA player but add in the baggage and he has virtually no shot. We'll see who is right, I have been arguing about JJ for years and so far I have been right and i'm supremenly confident I'm right again.

in what crazy world is 42% from 3 point not a good percentage? he was double teamed his whole career at Duke and still put up big numbers. he won't be double teamed in the NBA. you are kidding yourself if you think everybody in the NBA is a good defender, Lebron James can't guard a fly and he's a big name player

nick1 said:
I love the Redick pick for the Magic, they desperately needed a guy who can shoot the 3 and Redick has near pefect form from 3. he will be a great player. I am tired of all the Redick haters

You and me both.

That's why I'm staying away from this thread. (Except for this one post.)

I'll just let my sig talk for me and enjoy when nyjunc is enjoying his pecan-crusted crow with a side of bourbon.

....hell, we get to laugh at him this year about his hating on JJ AND his homerism for the Jets!!!

nick1 said:
in what crazy world is 42% from 3 point not a good percentage? he was double teamed his whole career at Duke and still put up big numbers. he won't be double teamed in the NBA. you are kidding yourself if you think everybody in the NBA is a good defender, Lebron James can't guard a fly and he's a big name player

is aid 42% is GOOD, it's not great and everyone talked about him like he was great. 42% was a CAREER HIGH, he wasa 40% overall 3P shooter in coolege- again GOOD but FAR from great. And please stop w/ the nonsense he was double teamed his whole career b/c that couldn't be more untrue. His 1st 2 years he was 3rd or 4th option on the team, no one was doubling him. He had Duhon, Deng, Ewing, Williams and others around him. this year it was all about redick and he did the same things he did his whole career. Satrt out strong against the weak non-conf schedule play well in the 1st half of the ACC then wear down, have a little resurgence in the ACC tourney then fall on his face come the most important games of the year-the NCAA Tourney. If a guy wears down after 25 or so games in College how the heck can he stand up to an 82 game sched?

DolphinDevil28 said:
You and me both.

That's why I'm staying away from this thread. (Except for this one post.)

I'll just let my sig talk for me and enjoy when nyjunc is enjoying his pecan-crusted crow with a side of bourbon.

....hell, we get to laugh at him this year about his hating on JJ AND his homerism for the Jets!!!

I'm the only won presenting some facts in this discussion. You are giving up b/c you have no argument to back your point up. Tell me how great he was in the Tourney? Tell me how he came through for his team w/ GW shots? Tell me how a 40% shooter from 3 who never led his own conference, never finished top 30 nationally and never hit a GW shot is a great shooter? You won't b/c you can't.

by the way, his career high 42% occurred in maybe the worst yar of ACC basketball ever after a mass exodus of most of the top players following the '05 season. W/ the ACC and NCAA being very down he still could only shoot 42%- yeah he's an all-time great shooter:sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom