*Official 06-07 NHL Thread* | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

unifiedtheory said:
The thing is though, what is going to stop him from doing it again? You suspend him for this offense and he WON'T do it again. The Sabres and Caps play again, in Buffalo (giving the Sabres last change), later in the season. If Campbell gives Ovehckin a game or two then justice is DONE. Instead, the Sabres know Ovechkin got NOTHING so they have to take justice into their own hands.

Remember what happened the last time a team leader/captain/great player from one team got hit by a guy from another team on a questionable hit and did not get suspended? I do, it was Steve Moore elbowing Markus Naslund in the head, giving him a concussion. Moore did not get suspended either, and we all know what happened the next time the Av's and Canucks played each other. I'm not saying someone from the Sabres is going to go "Bertuzzi" on Ovechkin, I'm just saying that the situation is similiar and the NHL could have put a stop to it NOW.

I don't care if the guy is as clean as Ceasar's wife, he hit Briere into the boards from behind. If Briere was hurt you BET he would have gotten a suspension.

I would have given him AT LEAST 3 games.

i dont think he will do it again because u can clearly see he was upset..he stopped skating...did ya watch the post game interview with him? he seemed sincere......as for moore...ive seen the hit numerous times and i still think its a clean hit.

everyone's allowed 1 F up in my book...he F'ed up...he does it again, he's fair game to any punishment

What's with you and Glen Murray?

I wouldn't call him top anything in the NHL when he's not even top 50 in points.

Crisis said:
What's with you and Glen Murray?

I wouldn't call him top anything in the NHL when he's not even top 50 in points.
I'd call him a top 10 goal scorer (he's tied for 7th)...LOL! He's having a pretty good year after a VERY slow start. The B's are starting to come around. I'm FULLY convinced they will be a playoff team this season, just as I predicted. The way they started was a little disappointing but I did not panic. The first 2 weeks meant nothing.

Plus...'Izzo has him in a hockey pool I think. :lol:

Yep Hull deserves to have his number retired. In all my years of watching hockey, I've never seen a player that could do so much with so little space. You could shut down Brett Hull all game long, and then with a minute left, he'd come off the bench, find a soft spot in the offensive zone, set up and wire a 20 foot slapshot top corner. Such a pure goalscorer.

unifiedtheory said:
I'd call him a top 10 goal scorer (he's tied for 7th)...LOL! He's having a pretty good year after a VERY slow start. The B's are starting to come around. I'm FULLY convinced they will be a playoff team this season, just as I predicted. The way they started was a little disappointing but I did not panic. The first 2 weeks meant nothing.

Plus...'Izzo has him in a hockey pool I think. :lol:

got that right!!! I love Murray!!

Pink_Dove said:
That definately makes sense. Players will go thru a wall for him. Just as an example, look at how relevant Barnaby and Peca were under Nolan, they haven't sniffed that level since Nolan left Buffalo, even prior to the lockout. He knows how to push the right button with players (except maybe in Hasek's case where he pushed other buttons :tongue:) and that's in part what makes him such a valuable and impressive coach. As I said earlier, he's done it at every level, and apart from backroom politics, there is nothing out there that tells me he won't be a successful coach for a long time.

There had to be something floating around about him that turned teams off. He couldn't even get an interview. Anyway Daniel Briere is making himself a ton of money this season as well as Chris Drury. Most Sabres fans think they will be able to keep only one. Going to be a tough decision by Darcy.

TheJetsBlow said:
That goal Crosby scored last night was absolutely SICK.
The kid is pretty good...:lol:.

You know who is having a REALLY good year but I did not know because I have not seen them yet? Martin St. Louis.

Marty- second all-time in shut-outs.
Marty- second all-time in wins.
Devils- in first place.
Flyers- suck.

unifiedtheory said:
The kid is pretty good...:lol:.

You know who is having a REALLY good year but I did not know because I have not seen them yet? Martin St. Louis.

St. Louis is having a big year. I don't know what happened to him last year- maybe the lock-out hurt him or something, I don't know. The new rules are tailored to guys like St. Louis, which made his year last year that much more surprising. He seems to be back on track and playing like the 2004 MVP again.

Back
Top Bottom