Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 71 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

/me does a throwback to the years between 98 and 03

I forgot who the other announcer besides Hutton was but.......

The Dodgers are in the win column!

San Diego now leads the wildcard chase

We are 1.5 back of them, 1.0 back of Philli (who we play 10 more times.....) and 1.0 back of the Reds (who we play late september)

We are in GREAT position

Alex44 said:
/me does a throwback to the years between 98 and 03

I forgot who the other announcer besides Hutton was but.......

The Dodgers are in the win column!

San Diego now leads the wildcard chase

We are 1.5 back of them, 1.0 back of Philli (who we play 10 more times.....) and 1.0 back of the Reds (who we play late september)

We are in GREAT position
That was Joe Angel's signature line

I remember when the fire sale first happened everybody on BBTN was saying we were getting worse players than we did in 98, and a lot of other people on ESPN said we were a AA team. If we make the playoffs I'lm going to love watching them eat crow.

hopefully we can make it 10 straight after todays game, who do we have on the mound? i think its nolasco

Ah, Joe Angel, indeed. We've had some great announcers, from Angel to my buddy Len Kasper to Dave O'Brien, and Tommy's been here for a long time. Good stuff.

23Ronnie23 said:
tommy hutton and rich waltz are amazing, i like him better than joe angel and dave obrien

Waltz is okay. He's improved, but he still has to get better at the dramatic moment. Len Kasper was amazing at that. Check out the video of Paul Lo Duca's homer on the first pitch he saw as a Marlin back in 2004. It's still on the team website if you go to Multimedia, click on 2004, and July. It might be in August for some reason, too, if it's not in July. I'm biased, though, since I know Len. But Tommy's an absolute riot.

death7star said:
waltz is okay but tommy is awesome.
waltz makes the games more interesting because he is more lighthearted than the other two. he always sets up tommys point adds humor.

Sometimes I wonder how much Waltz actually knows about baseball (history anyway) with some of the stuff he says, but overall I like him

This Franchise has never won 10 straight....we can do it tonight, Nolasco is the one guy in the rotation that I dont think will be a star down the road, but he is definitly a solid #3 pitcher down the line, but he just isnt consistant yet.

Hopefully tonight he gives us a solid 6 or 7 innings and allows 2 or 3 runs.....thats best case scenario IMO

ChambersWI said:
If we make the playoffs I'lm going to love watching them eat crow.

Won't happen(atleast if most of them act like sean salisbury) They will deny it and be like i knew all along this team had the talent, just whether they could put it all toghether. I was telling everyone all year they better watch out. etc.

I remember i think it was 2 years ago when the last wilcard spot for NFL was up for grabs and there was a bunch of teams and like week 15 saliburry predicted the bills would win, and then the next week i think it was the broncos he said would win it and then liek whoever won it, he was sayin all along he siad they would get it when both weeks before he picked a different team.

Go Marlins! make the playoffs! if they stay hot for another month they have the wild card

Back
Top Bottom