Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 76 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

Gotta like the matchup tomorrow, too. Olsen was lights-out nasty against the Cards, Tomo Ohka is 2-10 with a career 5+ ERA against the Marlins (I know they're different guys, but it's a whole mental thing), we've beaten the best they've got twice each, Milwaukee has lost 9 in a row, we've won 11 of 13, we can sweep the series, come home with a winning 4-2 road trip, and some of their big bats like Fielder might be sitting because of the lefty-lefty matchup. I guess a .500 trip is fine, but we can make up a lot of ground tomorrow because we know either Cincy or San Diego will lose, and here's hoping Tim Hudson shuts down the Phillies.

Early game today, going to start soon.

If we can pick up the win we would have a winning road trip (4-2) and a 500 record on the year.

Not to mention no matter what we would pick up games in the WC standings

Whatever 'It' is Scott Olsen has it today, he is pitching like a man on a mission

Up 1-0 going into the third

Great win today, Marlins win 10-3.

Marlins just made history coming from a 11-31 record to a .500 record at 68-68. Miguel Cabrera made history hitting his 46th double which passes Cliff Floyd's record of 45 doubles in a single season.

Also, Miguel Cabrera looks to be back to his All Star form since his sore elbow injury. Great day overall.

Alex44 said:
Whatever 'It' is Scott Olsen has it today, he is pitching like a man on a mission

Up 1-0 going into the third
he's been great ever since joe smacked him around lol

Guess what happend today?

We jumped Cinci in the standings, 2.0 back of San Diego and 1.0 back of Philli (pending outcome of game two of their double header, which they trail 3-2 in the 10th)

miamikid92 said:
i saw the red sox thread so i thought why not make a marlins one:goof:
is there any of us left? :lol:
projected starting lineup-
c- josh willingham
1b- mike jacobs
2b- pokey reese
ss- hanley remirez
3b- miguel cabrera
rf- jeremy hermida
cf- eric reed
lf- chris aguila

but then again most of them are basically rookies and haven't been in the mlb to prove themselves so who knows what the lineup will be after spring training

looking forward to a 100+ loss season:rolleyes:

go marlins!!

go marlins

First post in here ever.....look at the lineup, and how much everything has changed......Pokey Reese is in there.....what we have done is amazing

Now only .5 behind Philli and 2.0 behind San Diego

Alex44 said:
First post in here ever.....look at the lineup, and how much everything has changed......Pokey Reese is in there.....what we have done is amazing

Now only .5 behind Philli and 2.0 behind San Diego
wasnt pokey reese hiding in that hidden bowl the heat had :chair:

"I told our players in Spring Training that I expected them to win, expected them to win the World Series," Girardi said. "I'm sure that people questioned what I said from Day 1 of Spring Training. But, that's OK. I told our young players that just because people don't know who you are doesn't mean that you can't play. It just means that they don't know who you are."

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060903&content_id=1643279&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=fla

For some reason that makes me laugh but respect him even more :lol:

Brian Moehler vs. Enrique Gonzalez today. Shame Nolasco has to sit this one out with his sore hammy, even though he needs the rest. He dominated the Snakes when we played them in Zona. Oh well, Moehler just needs to keep us in the game for 6 and I'll be happy. The offense needs to step up again. We scored 4 or 5 runs off of Gonzalez last time, and we did well against a Gonzalez yesterday, too.

Houston vs Philli

and

San Fran vs San Diego

Im pretty willing to bet either Philli or SD loses today. Its going to be all about doing our job

Back
Top Bottom