Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 78 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

Roman529 said:
Hope the Rocks kill the Padres....they are my 2nd fave team after the Phillies. If the Rockies ever get some decent pitching LOOK OUT.

Decent pitching? Their team ERA is 4.36, good for 7th in the NL. I'd call that decent. Before the AS Break, it was 4.27, good for third in the league. The pitching hasn't been the problem this year. Beat writer Troy Renck nailed it the other day in the Denver Post. There's just not enough talent on the field. Todd Helton has lost all of his power. Clint Barmes pulled a disappearing act.

Helton, Holliday, Atkins, and Hawpe are keepers. Tulowitzki will be a nice player. Jamey Carroll is Alfredo Amezaga. The Rockies just need an infusion of talent among the positions, especially second base and center field. Iannetta might be the savior at catcher.

Alex44 said:
Any info on him? Or where I could find a scouting report?

Info? You got it.

A right-handed Dominican, he's 21 and won't be 22 until January. He's 5'11'' on stilts and 165 when soaking wet, but he generates velocity in the low 90s, I believe. He's a fly ball pitcher who went 6-2 with a 1.75 ERA (.99 WHIP) with 69 K/16 BB in 77 IP at A-Jupiter and 6-7 with a 3.40 ERA (1.24 WHIP) with 87 K/25 BB in AA-Carolina, which is godly for a 21 year-old in AA. In other words, he's got great control, strikeout stuff, and is difficult to hit.

He really wasn't a factor in 2005, only throwing 32.1 innings, so his rise this season has been a real shock and a gerat surprise. He's just another in the large Marlins stable of young arms.

RWhitney014 said:
Info? You got it.

A right-handed Dominican, he's 21 and won't be 22 until January. He's 5'11'' on stilts and 165 when soaking wet, but he generates velocity in the low 90s, I believe. He's a fly ball pitcher who went 6-2 with a 1.75 ERA (.99 WHIP) with 69 K/16 BB in 77 IP at A-Jupiter and 6-7 with a 3.40 ERA (1.24 WHIP) with 87 K/25 BB in AA-Carolina, which is godly for a 21 year-old in AA. In other words, he's got great control, strikeout stuff, and is difficult to hit.

He really wasn't a factor in 2005, only throwing 32.1 innings, so his rise this season has been a real shock and a gerat surprise. He's just another in the large Marlins stable of young arms.

So what type of roll do you think he will play out for the rest of the season? Coming out of the bullpen Id think or getting a spot start somewhere, maybe Nolasco isnt as healthy as we thought?

Or maybe Im just looking way to deep into us calling up another good young pitcher

Alex44 said:
So what type of roll do you think he will play out for the rest of the season? Coming out of the bullpen Id think or getting a spot start somewhere, maybe Nolasco isnt as healthy as we thought?

Or maybe Im just looking way to deep into us calling up another good young pitcher

The Marlins are just hoping someone gets hot out of the pen from the right side. Ideally, Resop and Messenger pitch well in set-up roles before we get to Tank and JoeBo. Resop's looked good in his appearances, though limited, since the call-up, and Mess had his first clean inning in a while. Maybe being optioned was humbling.

As far as Garcia's role is concerned, well, an extra arm capable of going multiple innings is valuable this time of year, should a game go into a lot of extra innings or a starter need to leave early. If there are more spot starts, I suspect they'd go to Petit first, Pinto first, and then Garcia, and that's only if Moehler doesn't get any more.

RWhitney014 said:
The Marlins are just hoping someone gets hot out of the pen from the right side. Ideally, Resop and Messenger pitch well in set-up roles before we get to Tank and JoeBo. Resop's looked good in his appearances, though limited, since the call-up, and Mess had his first clean inning in a while. Maybe being optioned was humbling.

As far as Garcia's role is concerned, well, an extra arm capable of going multiple innings is valuable this time of year, should a game go into a lot of extra innings or a starter need to leave early. If there are more spot starts, I suspect they'd go to Petit first, Pinto first, and then Garcia, and that's only if Moehler doesn't get any more.

I really hope he doesnt, he has been solid out of the bullpen but as a starter he scares me

Today kind of hurts, I mean great comeback win and we dont gain ground on anyone, thankfully we didnt lose ground either though. SD needs to hit some sort of slump soon

Alex44 said:
I really hope he doesnt, he has been solid out of the bullpen but as a starter he scares me

Today kind of hurts, I mean great comeback win and we dont gain ground on anyone, thankfully we didnt lose ground either though. SD needs to hit some sort of slump soon

He really wasn't that bad yesterday, the one awful pitch to Byrnes excepted. We gave them 5 outs in the first inning, what with the botched double play and the dropped caught stealing. Every hit in that inning was on the ground, and even Jackson's double, though a very difficult play, was not out of range from Cabrera. I'm not blaming him for not making the play, but when your starter gives up that many grounders in an inning, he should get out of it relatively unscathed. Now, the leadoff walk to Young started the whole thing, and that's on him. But a sac-bunt single (should be 1 out) and the failed DP/CS (two chances at 3) hurt Moehler. Still, he settled in, only threw 75 pitches in 5 innings, and prevented the game from getting out of hand, and look what happened.

Dontrelle is pitching, so why on earth would the offense score runs.....

I have no clue why but whenever he pitches we cant hit

Back
Top Bottom