Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 84 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

NYPhinFan said:
Being a man with a family also you made some very valid points. So what is the alternative? A dome?..move the franchise?..Whats the answer?

Dome

The MLB has basically said we have to stay in south florida, and we are fairly close to getting a stadium deal done. New ballparks always boost attendance

We have great TV and Radio ratings so it not like we dont have fans

Alex44 said:
Dome

The MLB has basically said we have to stay in south florida, and we are fairly close to getting a stadium deal done. New ballparks always boost attendance

We have great TV and Radio ratings so it not like we dont have fans
Good...sounds like that would def help. Miami is of course a football town first and foremost..but a dome would go a long way in helping attendance and revenue.

NYPhinFan said:
Good...sounds like that would def help. Miami is of course a football town first and foremost..but a dome would go a long way in helping attendance and revenue.

I wouldn't even call it a football town since the Dolphins DIDN'T sell out a playoff game vs Baltimore a few years back and the game was blacked out locally.

ppl in this town suk as baseball fans......and we're not the greatest of football fans either......not insane like other places like kansas city and oakland....

NYPhinFan said:
It's been a basketball town the past 4 years.

need to smash the phillies in these games coming up, we can gain some serious ground

who we got tonight? i think its JJ vs lieber if i remember correctly

MikeO said:
so I guess it doesn't rain during playoff time? For those magical 4 or 5 weeks of the MLB playoffs there is neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever a chance of rain. Never. So, when the 30,000 to 40,000 people show up rain isn't a concern!

This is the weakest excuse I have ever seen from Marlins fan. 4 rain delays all year. Just 4, and "rain" possiblity is the reason not to show up in a playoff chase to watch games.

I would buy it MORE if you said a reason not to show up in April or May when the games don't matter as much, is because it might rain. I would buy that!!!!!! But now, in September and late August when these games have so much meaning (and when there have only been 4 rain delays all year) YOU GO TO THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please go bash other fans as you obviously don't understand what goes on here.

Do you live here? Do you know where Dolphin Stadium is located? Just about 40 minutes away from all neighborhoods and businesses [through Miami traffic, argueably the worse traffic it gets in the nation (I used to work at the Marriott Hotel at NW 36 ST; 79TH Ave in Doral, and just about every guest visiting b!tched about traffic)]. A bad location overall for a ballpark. The neighborhoods around Dolphin Stadium such as Carol City are as bad and ghetto as it gets here in South Florida.

We don't have a [4] [5] [6] subway trains that takes you from the bottom of Manhattan, through lexington avenue, and two stops at the Bronx by Yankee Stadium. We aren't located at a major tourist location such as South Beach, to have visitors come to a game, and witness a splash homerun on the ocean or what ever.

Hell, people don't come to Miami on vacation to watch the Florida Marlins play, they come to see the Miami Heat and the Miami Dolphins. This isn't a nation wide beloved team, if you haven't noticed in 2003, everyone wanted to see the Chicago Cubs win the NLCS, everyone wanted to see the New York Yankees win the World Series.

We don't have a historic ballpark such as Oakland, Chicago, and St. Louis. WE DON'T HAVE A BALLPARK. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?

Bud Selig is working hard to get us a stadium, and wants to keep the Marlins here in South Florida. You don't want them to exist for some odd reason, is it because we owned your Yankees in 2003 and you still hate us for that?

You keep comparing Baseball fans to Football fans, when most of the Marlins fans are located in Dade and Broward county. There are Dolphins fans around the nation who would come here occasionally to take a plane to South Florida, drive those 40 minutes on a Sunday, and watch the Dolphins play.

The Miami Dolphins play 16 games in a regular season, once a week. The Florida Marlins play 10 times more games, about 6 a week [currently 7 on a tough schedule]. There is no rain delay on football games, but there is one on baseball games, and when it does rain here in Miami, it will create ponds on the playing field, which usually ends up postponing the games.

Vertical Limit said:

Do you live here? Do you know where Dolphin Stadium is located? Just about 40 minutes away from all neighborhoods and businesses [through Miami traffic, argueably the worse traffic it gets in the nation (I used to work at the Marriott Hotel at NW 36 ST; 79TH Ave in Doral, and just about every guest visiting b!tched about traffic)]. A bad location overall for a ballpark. The neighborhoods around Dolphin Stadium such as Carol City are as bad and ghetto as it gets here in South Florida.

We don't have a [4] [5] [6] subway trains that takes you from the bottom of Manhattan, through lexington avenue, and two stops at the Bronx by Yankee Stadium. We aren't located at a major tourist location such as South Beach, to have visitors come to a game, and witness a splash homerun on the ocean or what ever.

Hell, people don't come to Miami on vacation to watch the Florida Marlins play, they come to see the Miami Heat and the Miami Dolphins. This isn't a nation wide beloved team, if you haven't noticed in 2003, everyone wanted to see the Chicago Cubs win the NLCS, everyone wanted to see the New York Yankees win the World Series.

We don't have a historic ballpark such as Oakland, Chicago, and St. Louis. WE DON'T HAVE A BALLPARK. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?

Bud Selig is working hard to get us a stadium, and wants to keep the Marlins here in South Florida. You don't want them to exist for some odd reason, is it because we owned your Yankees in 2003 and you still hate us for that?

You keep comparing Baseball fans to Football fans, when most of the Marlins fans are located in Dade and Broward county. There are Dolphins fans around the nation who would come here occasionally to take a plane to South Florida, drive those 40 minutes on a Sunday, and watch the Dolphins play.

The Miami Dolphins play 16 games in a regular season, once a week. The Florida Marlins play 10 times more games, about 6 a week [currently 7 on a tough schedule]. There is no rain delay on football games, but there is one on baseball games, and when it does rain here in Miami, it will create ponds on the playing field, which usually ends up postponing the games.

:yeahthat:

I really cant add anything else

dangit, rough start for JJ 3-2 fish runner on second top 2nd no outs to nunez

Vertical Limit said:

To be fair, Yankee Stadium is located in one of the worst cities in America, yet they still draw over 4 million fans.

But the other stuff you said makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom