Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 85 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

Ray Finkle said:
To be fair, Yankee Stadium is located in one of the worst cities in America, yet they still draw over 4 million fans.

But the other stuff you said makes sense.
Most of them are tourist. Hell, you have to buy a ticket about 2 months in advance to enter Yankee stadium. I tried to buy one walking in, and they were all sold out.

Also, there are train stations all over Yankee Stadium. I know this because I've been there a couple of times.

Vertical Limit said:
Most of them are tourist. Hell, you have to buy a ticket about 2 months in advance to enter Yankee stadium. I tried to buy one walking in, and they were all sold out.

Also, there are train stations all over Yankee Stadium. I know this because I've been there a couple of times.

There's no way that most of the people in Yankee Stadium are tourists. That's just not true at all. The Yankees are the greatest franchise in sports and have an extremely loyal fan base. There can't be 4 million tourists going to these games.

They pretty much sold out the stadium when tickets went on sale.

MikeO said:
football fans of teams who are 2-10 sit out in snow, rain, cold, wind, and freezing temp in the dead of winter for 3 hours and watch MEANINGLESS games.

A baseball fan of a team in a PLAYOFF RACE, can't go out in Aug or Sep where their "MIGHT" be a rain??? :shakeno: :shakeno:

Stop making excuses the fan base sucks! It's why the team will be moved in a couple years.

That's because the game is still going to be played in that weather. If I knew the game would be played, I wouldn't care. Baseball doesn't get played in rain. When there is a serious and legitimate threat of rain, it's not worth the hassle. I don't get why you can't understand that.

And stop thinking you know more than everyone else. You don't live here. You were giving us crap for not going to the game the night before a tropical storm. You don't know what it's like to look outside and see inches of rain on the field an hour before the game, even though the game might still be played. You just don't understand and you definitely don't seem to be willing to try.

RWhitney014 said:
That's because the game is still going to be played in that weather. If I knew the game would be played, I wouldn't care. Baseball doesn't get played in rain. When there is a serious and legitimate threat of rain, it's not worth the hassle. I don't get why you can't understand that.

And stop thinking you know more than everyone else. You don't live here. You were giving us crap for not going to the game the night before a tropical storm. You don't know what it's like to look outside and see inches of rain on the field an hour before the game, even though the game might still be played. You just don't understand and you definitely don't seem to be willing to try.

even the media in south florida say the fanbase sucks and they don't deserve a team. The numbers don't lie!!! nobody goes.

and tv and radio ratings aren't a good juge, sorry.

Vertical Limit said:

All I'm going to say about this is that most of the 4 million who go to Yankees games are not tourists and you can actually walk up and get tickets to Yankees games. Those games just have to be on a Monday thru Thursday night and in April or May. Once the summer comes and the kids are out of school, your not going to get a ticket that easily!

MikeO said:
even the media in south florida say the fanbase sucks and they don't deserve a team. The numbers don't lie!!! nobody goes.

and tv and radio ratings aren't a good juge, sorry.

Here's the problem with the Marlins, no one is positive as to why people aren't going to games. Is it the fan base or is it the stadium and weather? This is why the Marlins haven't gotten the vote in their favor for the new stadium. While I'm sure the weather and the Stadium (the fact it doesn't have a retractable roof or a roof period to stop the rain) are a strong reason why people don't go to games, the people in Florida just aren't positive that's the case, therefore there not going to get burned building a stadium only to find out that it wasn't the need for the stadium all along (or ther weather) it is the fan base. I think if it was as simple as the Marlins need a new stadium for them to be profitable, I'm sure the vote would pass regardless whether tax payers wanted it or not. I mean hell, stadiums have been built in lesser markets the last couple of years. I think there is a sense of doubt about the fan base and that is why the Marlins haven't gotten what they deserve already (and they deserve a new stadium with what they've accomplished, no doubt about it). I don't know either way (I don't follow the story much except when Perry lets me know the deal) what it is but I'm just giving my assesment of the situation!

the stadium is in carroll city and is 45 minutes away from most fans. its far from most people in broward and far for people in miami

23Ronnie23 said:
the stadium is in carroll city and is 45 minutes away from most fans. its far from most people in broward and far for people in miami

45 minutes away is nothing. I live 2 and a half hours away from Fenway (without traffic) and about an hour and a half away from Yankee Stadium (again without any traffic) and I still try to go to as many games as I can. Obviously I'd never buy season tickets due to my location but I usually go to about 5 Sox games a year (a lot more until the bandwagon fans joined in after 2004) and 3 or 4 games at YS (again a lot more until my friend sold his season tickets).

I'd kill to have a MLB team only 45 minutes away from me.

Ray Finkle said:
45 minutes away is nothing. I live 2 and a half hours away from Fenway (without traffic) and about an hour and a half away from Yankee Stadium (again without any traffic) and I still try to go to as many games as I can. Obviously I'd never buy season tickets due to my location but I usually go to about 5 Sox games a year (a lot more until the bandwagon fans joined in after 2004) and 3 or 4 games at YS (again a lot more until my friend sold his season tickets).

I'd kill to have a MLB team only 45 minutes away from me.

Well alot of people with kids aren't going to go to games that end at 10, have to do a 2 hour drive and have their kids miss school the next day or themselves have to go to work the next day

UCFinfan86 said:
Well alot of people with kids aren't going to go to games that end at 10, have to do a 2 hour drive and have their kids miss school the next day or themselves have to go to work the next day

Oh I agree with you. I wasn't knocking the Marlins or the city. Just saying I wish I had a baseball team that close to me. Also I think it's worth mentioning that it costs an arm and a leg to bring kids to games because everything costs so much money. If you want to bring a family of 4 to a game you'll probably end up spending close to 400 bucks (maybe more) including in the cost tickets, parking, food, t-shirts/hats/whatever, etc.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Here's the problem with the Marlins, no one is positive as to why people aren't going to games. Is it the fan base or is it the stadium and weather? This is why the Marlins haven't gotten the vote in their favor for the new stadium. While I'm sure the weather and the Stadium (the fact it doesn't have a retractable roof or a roof period to stop the rain) are a strong reason why people don't go to games, the people in Florida just aren't positive that's the case, therefore there not going to get burned building a stadium only to find out that it wasn't the need for the stadium all along (or ther weather) it is the fan base. I think if it was as simple as the Marlins need a new stadium for them to be profitable, I'm sure the vote would pass regardless whether tax payers wanted it or not. I mean hell, stadiums have been built in lesser markets the last couple of years. I think there is a sense of doubt about the fan base and that is why the Marlins haven't gotten what they deserve already (and they deserve a new stadium with what they've accomplished, no doubt about it). I don't know either way (I don't follow the story much except when Perry lets me know the deal) what it is but I'm just giving my assesment of the situation!

Im sick of all the excuses. Miami isn't the size of Buffalo here. It's a major city!!!! And they can't get more than a handful of thousand people to go to a game when a team is in the playoff race????? "possible rain" or not???? It's a joke. There is no defense. And what blows these marlins fans arguement out of the water is, when playoff time comes. There will be 30,000 to 40,000+++ in the stands for those games. With the "possibility of rain" or the "long drive to the ballpark" still not changing!!! That doesn't go away come October.In fact its the middle of hurricane season to be honest!!!

If the team announced they were moving tomorrow, for about a week people would call up the radio stations, complain. Then after about 7-10 days it would be old news and people would forget about it and not care.

The Texas Rangers sell tons of tickets and those poor bastarrrrrrrrds gotta sit out in 100+ degree Texas heat, and you don't hear them crying!!!

The Marlins are the Monteral Expos of the United States. No payroll, no fans, no stadium. It's just a matter of time before MLB steps in and makes the franchise viable and puts them in a market where the team can make money and get fans out to a ballpark.

MikeO said:
Im sick of all the excuses. Miami isn't the size of Buffalo here. It's a major city!!!! And they can't get more than a handful of thousand people to go to a game when a team is in the playoff race????? "possible rain" or not???? It's a joke. There is no defense. And what blows these marlins fans arguement out of the water is, when playoff time comes. There will be 30,000 to 40,000+++ in the stands for those games. With the "possibility of rain" or the "long drive to the ballpark" still not changing!!! That doesn't go away come October.In fact its the middle of hurricane season to be honest!!!

If the team announced they were moving tomorrow, for about a week people would call up the radio stations, complain. Then after about 7-10 days it would be old news and people would forget about it and not care.

The Texas Rangers sell tons of tickets and those poor bastarrrrrrrrds gotta sit out in 100+ degree Texas heat, and you don't hear them crying!!!

The Marlins are the Monteral Expos of the United States. No payroll, no fans, no stadium. It's just a matter of time before MLB steps in and makes the franchise viable and puts them in a market where the team can make money and get fans out to a ballpark.

Ok you win mikeo, this is what will happen. How can you be so one sided that its either your way, or no way.

We are tired of peoples !@#$@# attitude with the marlins and us fans. I wish we drew more fans but we're not. I'm a die hard marlin fan and I wish I lived in south Florida because I would have season @$#%@$ tickets. I'm not going to sit here and people bad mouth the Fans like some people(.....MIKEO ....cough*). So get off the marlins case. GO MARLINS

Ray Finkle said:
To be fair, Yankee Stadium is located in one of the worst cities in America, yet they still draw over 4 million fans.

But the other stuff you said makes sense.
That part of the Bronx has cleaned up

Back
Top Bottom