Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 87 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

Alex44 said:
We screwed up......I was just thinking and we made a mistake that could have given us that one player we needed.....

We should have scooped up Preston Wilson when he was available.....if you hit him in front of Miggy he would be a monster, he knows our ballpark so its not like throwing him into centerfield somewhere he doesnt know.....

We should have picked him up IMO

Rant over......

along with his 150 strikeouts

UCFinfan86 said:
along with his 150 strikeouts

So? He's still the best centerfielder we have ever had, I'll take him over Amezaga any day. He is a 35 HR 100+ RBI player when hes on his game, Alfredo is a 3 HR 30 RBI guy, I'll take the strikeouts

Alex44 said:
So? He's still the best centerfielder we have ever had, I'll take him over Amezaga any day. He is a 35 HR 100+ RBI player when hes on his game, Alfredo is a 3 HR 30 RBI guy, I'll take the strikeouts

Wilson's days of hitting 35 HRs and 100+ RBIs are long long over, in fact he's only had 2 100+ RBI seasons as well as 2 30+ HR seasons so one can argue he's never been that kind of player. Wilson would probably help but he's not the answer for this team long term.

2.5 games back.......tied with SF and Philly. We need SD to start losing though because they don't seem to lose when we win :lol:

Ray Finkle said:
Wilson's days of hitting 35 HRs and 100+ RBIs are long long over, in fact he's only had 2 100+ RBI seasons as well as 2 30+ HR seasons so one can argue he's never been that kind of player. Wilson would probably help but he's not the answer for this team long term.

But let me ask you

Alfredo Amezaga or Preston Wilson?

Even just for one year

Is Wilson also worth the money the team woulda had to pay him? Im not sure exactly how much he makes but he has to make atleast 2-3 million which would be would about 1/6 of the team payroll

UCFinfan86 said:
Is Wilson also worth the money the team woulda had to pay him? Im not sure exactly how much he makes but he has to make atleast 2-3 million which would be would about 1/6 of the team payroll

Which would have made our payroll a whopping 16 Million :lol: there would still be single players that make more

Alex44 said:
Which would have made our payroll a whopping 16 Million :lol: there would still be single players that make more

i agree, but that wouldn't be the view of the marlins FO, would they want someone like Wilson takin up 1/6 of the payroll? He isn't worth it.

UCFinfan86 said:
i agree, but that wouldn't be the view of the marlins FO, would they want someone like Wilson takin up 1/6 of the payroll? He isn't worth it.

They said earlier in the season if they could add someone to improve the team and make a run they would do it

If our payroll was say 50 Mil and he was a 10 Mil player I would agree, but 2 million isnt a lot at all

It looks like the SD Padres might win the wild card or the Dodgers if they slip out of first.....I hope my Phils make it, and I will root for the Marlins if they get there. Only about 20 games left. :rolleyes:

lets go Marlins, only 2 games out and can gain half a game on all of the top wild card contenders with a win tonight. I feel the playoffs in South Florida

nick1 said:
lets go Marlins, only 2 games out and can gain half a game on all of the top wild card contenders with a win tonight. I feel the playoffs in South Florida
:woowoo:

lets go fish, need this win!

Roman529 said:
It looks like the SD Padres might win the wild card or the Dodgers if they slip out of first.....I hope my Phils make it, and I will root for the Marlins if they get there. Only about 20 games left. :rolleyes:

Thing is the Pads and Dodgers play eachother

So whichever team wins the series will likely win the divison, and whichever doesnt will lose ground in the wildcard

16-5 win tonight, great game

Back
Top Bottom