Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 86 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

ok we need this win here, can't drop below .500. We got Olsen going tonight, if he pitches like last time we'll be set.

lets go MARLINS!!

Anyone else see that Miguel Cabrera isn't one of the finalists for the Hank Aaron award but David Wright is?

(for those who don't know the Hank Aaron award is for the best hitter in each league)

Miguel's stats: 101 runs 171 hits 46 doubles 2 triples 25 homeruns 105 RBI's 339 avg. .427 OBP .586 SLG

blue is the categories wright wins in and teal is the categories miguel wins in

David's stats: 88 runs 155 hits 35 doubles 4 triples 24 homeruns 107 RBI's
.305 avg .379 OBP .531 SLG
This just proves how that award is a joke. What do you guys think

MikeO said:
Im sick of all the excuses. Miami isn't the size of Buffalo here. It's a major city!!!! And they can't get more than a handful of thousand people to go to a game when a team is in the playoff race????? "possible rain" or not???? It's a joke. There is no defense. And what blows these marlins fans arguement out of the water is, when playoff time comes. There will be 30,000 to 40,000+++ in the stands for those games. With the "possibility of rain" or the "long drive to the ballpark" still not changing!!! That doesn't go away come October.In fact its the middle of hurricane season to be honest!!!

If the team announced they were moving tomorrow, for about a week people would call up the radio stations, complain. Then after about 7-10 days it would be old news and people would forget about it and not care.

The Texas Rangers sell tons of tickets and those poor bastarrrrrrrrds gotta sit out in 100+ degree Texas heat, and you don't hear them crying!!!

The Marlins are the Monteral Expos of the United States. No payroll, no fans, no stadium. It's just a matter of time before MLB steps in and makes the franchise viable and puts them in a market where the team can make money and get fans out to a ballpark.

Just stop. No one cares. Your hatred for Loria and the franchise is very clear, and you're not willing to accept any point. No one on this side is ever going to be convinced by you, and none of us are ever going to convince you. So let's all save the time, energy, and frustration, and let us talk on this thread about what we want to talk about, not about how crappy all of us are.

We definitely need a W tonight. I'm always kinda nervous with Moehler on the mound. Can't watch the game over here, how's he been doing so far?

What a great way to spend my last night home, and where else but the park. That was a roller coaster of a game after which I was actually tired from being there. At one of the many huge outs we got with men in scoring position and no outs, I didn't cheer, I just dropped my head so I could praise every deity ever created.

Great win for the Marlins . . . gotta come out and do the same today . . . we are still in this thing . . . Go Fish.

RWhitney014 said:
Just stop. No one cares. Your hatred for Loria and the franchise is very clear, and you're not willing to accept any point. No one on this side is ever going to be convinced by you, and none of us are ever going to convince you. So let's all save the time, energy, and frustration, and let us talk on this thread about what we want to talk about, not about how crappy all of us are.
I'm a Marlins fan and I hate Loria

3-0 marlins baby wooo

d-train on his way to pitching a complete game shutout..

We screwed up......I was just thinking and we made a mistake that could have given us that one player we needed.....

We should have scooped up Preston Wilson when he was available.....if you hit him in front of Miggy he would be a monster, he knows our ballpark so its not like throwing him into centerfield somewhere he doesnt know.....

We should have picked him up IMO

Rant over......

Back
Top Bottom