**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread**

Rocky Raccoon said:
two young pitchers in big games, they have a chance to be heroes and labeled as they next big time pitchers with solid performances.

Who the hell is pitching game 2?

I think Harden already has the label he just has not been healthy. Danny Haren has impressed me the last couple times I saw him pitch. As far as "stuff," goes in terms of starting pitchers Harden has the best stuff IMO of any starter in this series.

djfresh47 said:
I think Harden already has the label he just has not been healthy. Danny Haren has impressed me the last couple times I saw him pitch. As far as "stuff," goes in terms of starting pitchers Harden has the best stuff IMO of any starter in this series.

Harden might have the best stuff out of any right handed pitcher in baseball. He's just never healthy. If he was the guy would win at least 18 games every year. He's that good.

Ray Finkle said:
I found this article and thought it was interesting:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10082006/sports/yankees/jeremy_had_tipster_yankees_lenn_robbins.htm

For those who don't want to click on the link, basically the article says someone called up Bonderman and gave him a scouting report on how to beat the Yankees and rumors have it that that someone was Curt Schilling.

Schilling trying to steal the spotlight LOL, go figure!!! This guy cant take being out of the spotlight for more than 10 seconds.

He is an annoying clown. Give out all of the scouting reports ya want, just remember. March 17th, 2004. Everytime you pop in a tape of your "appereance" at Congress.......you still come off like a jackasssss and a liar with zero credibility!!!

Not to mention all bonderman had to do was talk to Kenny Rogers with his performance the night before!!!

MikeO said:
Schilling trying to steal the spotlight LOL, go figure!!! This guy cant take being out of the spotlight for more than 10 seconds.

He is an annoying clown. Give out all of the scouting reports ya want, just remember. March 17th, 2004. Everytime you pop in a tape of your "appereance" at Congress.......you still come off like a jackasssss and a liar with zero credibility!!!

How is Schilling trying to steal the spotlight? He didn't come out with it, the NY Post did.

I could care less as long as he's winning baseball games for my team. He's a guy that you'd love if he was on your team but hate him if he's not.

Ray Finkle said:
How is Schilling trying to steal the spotlight? He didn't come out with it, the NY Post did.

I could care less as long as he's winning baseball games for my team. He's a guy that you'd love if he was on your team but hate him if he's not.

Yeah, and how did the newspaper get it??? It had to be leaked to them somehow!!!

And what does Schilling care who wins in Detroit vs NY??? In all reality, what does he care???

In one breath he always praises the yanks and their class and how they handle their business. Then he goes and gives Bonderman tips on how to beat them?? The guy is a two-faced jerk.

1) I don't believe he did it.
2) If he did its Curt trying to steal a spotlight.

MikeO said:
Yeah, and how did the newspaper get it??? It had to be leaked to them somehow!!!

And what does Schilling care who wins in Detroit vs NY??? In all reality, what does he care???

In one breath he always praises the yanks and their class and how they handle their business. Then he goes and gives Bonderman tips on how to beat them?? The guy is a two-faced jerk.

Ummmmm..... did you read the article? Bonderman was the one that came out with it. It wasn't leaked.

How is he a two faced jerk? Guys give scouting reports out all the time. In August, Todd Jones said he gave Varitek scouting reports on the Twins to help the Sox in the 3 game series that had vs. Minnesota. Do you honestly think other players and managers don't talk to each other about game plans and tips (if they're not playing each other of course)?

MikeO said:

Um that doesn't mean that schilling had to leak it, bonderman could have. And why wouldn't he want the yankees to lose, if the yankees win then thats more suffering the redsox and their fans have to go through.

Ray Finkle said:
Ummmmm..... did you read the article? Bonderman was the one that came out with it. It wasn't leaked.

I smell something fishy. Curt is only out for himself. He's trying to get a spotlight. Trying to get his name more in the NY-BOS storyline-drama-history.
With the ...."see I beat ny even by not even playing".....type of deal.

1) it shows no class by curt
2) it is just screaming of 2nd city menatlity
3) curt somehow got this story out there, what bonderman said withstanding.

UCFinfan86 said:
Um that doesn't mean that schilling had to leak it, bonderman could have. And why wouldn't he want the yankees to lose, if the yankees win then thats more suffering the redsox and their fans have to go through.

it's bush league!!!

hypothetical: The Dolphins beat the Pats twice in a year. Pats make the Super Bowl and end up playing Minnesota. Then the Dolphins go back-door and give their scouting reports and information to Minnesota hoping Minny beats NE.

You just don't do that. It's bush league. Shows no class. It's trying to steal a spotlight/headline!

MikeO said:
I smell something fishy. Curt is only out for himself. He's trying to get a spotlight. Trying to get his name more in the NY-BOS storyline-drama-history.

:lol:

Ok whatever you say. But I think that post is really out there and reaching a bit.

and now all of a sudden the NY post is credible with you people.

99% of the time you ignore every report out of the NY post and say its trash. When you read one that you like, you take it as gospel. AMAZING!!!!!

MikeO said:

Well, Mr. Mariotti, if you feel that way, it must be true, right?

MikeO said:
and now all of a sudden the NY post is credible with you people.

99% of the time you ignore every report out of the NY post and say its trash. When you read one that you like, you take it as gospel. AMAZING!!!!!

How isn't this article credible when Bonderman himself is being quoted. It's not some random rumor or speculation in March about who the Yankees or Mets will trade for in July.

Seriously go back and read the article. It's very short and will take you 30 seconds.

Sorry if I gave the paper the benefit of a doubt when they actually interview someone and get actual quotes, and actual news instead of rumors or speculation.

And actually if that post was directed at me, I'm not a fan of Newsday.

E-Lo is in trouble right now. He does this, looks great for a few innings and then loses his command. We take a 2 run lead and he comes out and gives up a bunch of hits and runs in the very next inning.

Then Chavvy lets a ball by him that he gets 99 times out of 100.

The defense is letting them down right now and the pitching can't get the Tigers out when they have guys on base...

5 - 3 Tigers.

unifiedtheory said:
E-Lo is in trouble right now. He does this, looks great for a few innings and then loses his command. We take a 2 run lead and he comes out and gives up a bunch of hits and runs in the very next inning.

Then Chavvy lets a ball by him that he gets 99 times out of 100.

The defense is letting them down right now and the pitching can't get the Tigers out when they have guys on base...

5 - 3 Tigers.

If the Tigers win tonight they'll be tough to take the series from. Right now they're on such a high from beating the Yankees, they might not lose another game this post season.

Back
Top Bottom