**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread** | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread**

IF (big if and I don't want to get too excited here, its only a 2-0 lead) Detroit wins this series and goes to the WS. Win or Lose in the WS, that ALDS win over NY might be a passing of the torch in some ways.

Detroit has the arms to be very very good for the next decade!!! They aren't small market so they can sign these guys and keep them all. They have enough money to spend money on a competitive basis with NY in general. And their GM is bright. (which is always key).

MikeO said:
IF (big if and I don't want to get too excited here, its only a 2-0 lead) Detroit wins this series and goes to the WS. Win or Lose in the WS, that ALDS win over NY might be a passing of the torch in some ways.

Detroit has the arms to be very very good for the next decade!!! They aren't small market so they can sign these guys and keep them all. They have enough money to spend money on a competitive basis with NY in general. And their GM is bright. (which is always key).
No joke regarding the $$$. Ilitch for years put all his money into the red wings but damn the dude got cheese to support both payrolls

MikeO said:

I'm not writing them off yet (the A's). They've come back in tough situations all year.

That being said, Harden HAS to come out guns blazing Friday. If his splitter is working and he gets some early, cheap outs he can slam the door on them. If his splitter is not working he'll end up throwing too many pitches and it will be a tough night.

I'm not buying the Detroit dynasty kool-aid yet. They haven't won anything yet! If we're going to say they've got this amazing pitching staff, the White Sox last year had dominant starting pitching in the postseason and bad starting pitching this year.

I admit I really didn't give the Tigers much of a chance of even getting out of the first round(lol at NY again) let alone the possiblity of making a WS appearance.Imo Detroit has played "over their heads" I mean I do think that they are good but let's see what happens next season before we say the dynasty.

MikeO said:

How is it passing the torch? The Yankees haven't been a dynasty or championship team in 6 years? It's not like this is 2001 and the Tigers beat them.

I agree with DJ, the AL Central is going to be the best division in baseball next year because you have 4 teams that will be fighting for a playoff spot or 2. Remember Cleveland played extremely well at the end of the year and with a healthy Hafner and Sizemore becoming one of the best players in the game all the team needs is bullpen help. ChiSox won 90 games and you know they'll add bats. Twins, with Liriano (if he's back) will be a tough draw. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers missed the playoffs or even finished 4th next year. It won't be a cake walk for them by any means even with their talent.

Nice job Pujols...getting doubled up on a pop fly and not getting back to first base. :lol:

I don't know if their is a better announcer than Joe Buck. Tim McCarver gets worse each time I hear him.

djfresh47 said:
I don't know if their is a better announcer than Joe Buck. Tim McCarver gets worse each time I hear him.

He's the absolute worst. I have no idea how he's still employed.

all is well in met land... i can go to bed happy

Back
Top Bottom