**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread** | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread**

MikeO said:
WHO CARES!!!!!!! If you dont' win it all, it doesn't matter!!! :shakeno: :shakeno:

Nobody remembers who the 2nd best team in the American Legue is 7 months from now. Or a year from now. Or 5 years from now!!!

When the financial structure of the entire industry is built so that your team CAN'T do anything I consider a division title and winning a round in the playoffs as a decent year, regardless of what you say.

And no that is not a "2nd city mentality" (am I allowed to say that or do you have a patent on it). That is a REALITY of the situation the A's are in until they move or find a new ballpark.

unifiedtheory said:
They got one round further then your 200 million dollar piece of crap.

Say what you will I'm not argueing with you about it...

That's all I have to say.

An Oakland A's fan taking a shot at the Yankees.....history should tell you not to go there being that we waxed you how many times in the playoffs the last 6 years? :sidelol:

unifiedtheory said:
When the financial structure of the entire industry is built so that your team CAN'T do anything I consider a division title and winning a round in the playoffs as a decent year, regardless of what you say.

And no that is not a "2nd city mentality" (am I allowed to say that or do you have a patent on it). That is a REALITY of the situation the A's are in until they move or find a new ballpark.

Yeah well, they are playing the Tigers (not the Red Sox or Yanks with some huge payroll). So, that excuse doesn't fly in THIS ALCS!!!!!!!! It's the 21st rated payroll vs the 14th rated payroll. Pretty even!!

This ALCS has nothing to do with money. The A's are just getting outplayed in every way possible by a team on the same level.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
An Oakland A's fan taking a shot at the Yankees.....history should tell you not to go there being that we waxed you how many times in the playoffs the last 6 years? :sidelol:

Did I discuss the past? NO!

I discussed the NOW.

99.9999% of the time I would NOT take a shot at the Yankees, no one should. They have the history, the prestige, the bank and the rings to make the discussion end quickly.

That being said, when a supposed know it all who thinks that every opinion he has should be taken as the gospel takes shots at MY team I am going to repspond. What should I do, just sit quietly and let a certain person run his gums AGAIN.

Besides, what did I say that was untrue? I said the A's got further this year then the Yankees. I fail to see what is false about that statement.

unifiedtheory said:
That being said, when a supposed know it all who thinks that every opinion he has should be taken as the gospel takes shots at MY team I am going to repspond. What should I do, just sit quietly and let a certain person run his gums AGAIN.

Ok, I like this. When have I EVER said my opinion should be taken as gospel???? Seriously, show me where I have ever said that. Just one link.......(i'm waiting)......................

I give an opinon. I back it up. If you don't like it or can't argue it......that ain't my problem. But I never proclaim anything I say as gospel!! :shakeno:

MikeO said:
Yeah well, they are playing the Tigers (not the Red Sox or Yanks with some huge payroll). So, that excuse doesn't fly in THIS ALCS!!!!!!!! It's the 21st rated payroll vs the 14th rated payroll. Pretty even!!

This ALCS has nothing to do with money. The A's are just getting outplayed in every way possible by a team on the same level.
Look back at every response in this thread. When I have said anything but "the Tigers are doing everything right and outplaying the A's"?

I have not.

Saying they "rolled over and played dead again" is simply CRAP. Having a team beat you with pitching is not rolling over and playing dead. If you had chosen a different statement instead of trying to instigate arguements for the 1,000,000th time then this dicussion would not be going on.

unifiedtheory said:
Did I discuss the past? NO!

I discussed the NOW.

99.9999% of the time I would NOT take a shot at the Yankees, no one should. They have the history, the prestige, the bank and the rings to make the discussion end quickly.

Besides, what did I say that was untrue? I said the A's got further this year then the Yankees. I fail to see what is false about that statement.

Hey listen man no hard feelings, I just thought it was odd an A's fan taking a shot at the Yankees but your right, you guys had a better year then us, I won't dispute that. I like the A's and I was pulling for them (and still am) so I wasn't taking a shot. I used to love the bash brother man, Canseco was one of my favorite players growing up. It's all good man, no hard feelings, just thought I'd stick up for my crew. Anyways man I hope you guys pull the ultimate comeback like the Sox in 04. One game at a time!

MikeO said:
Ok, I like this. When have I EVER said my opinion should be taken as gospel???? Seriously, show me where I have ever said that. Just one link.......(i'm waiting)......................

I give an opinon. I back it up. If you don't like it or can't argue it......that ain't my problem. But I never proclaim anything I say as gospel!! :shakeno:

You back it up 99% of the time with insults or your famous "2nd city mentality" ****.

Dude, everytime someone disagrees with you it happens.

unifiedtheory said:
Saying they "rolled over and played dead again" is simply CRAP. Having a team beat you with pitching is not rolling over and playing dead. If you had chosen a different statement instead of trying to instigate arguements for the 1,000,000th time then this dicussion would not be going on.

They are rolling over and playing dead...............AGAIN!!

2001--Up 2-0 vs the NY YANKEES and going home for 2 games. Lose those 2. Fly back to NY and lose Game 5. They rolled over and played dead!!

2004--Up 2-0 vs BOSTON, they head to Fenway, lose 2.....then go home and lose Game 5 in their own ballpark. They rolled over and played dead....again.

2006---Will probably just get SWEPT by Detroit in the ALCS and not put up a fight.

This franchise is the POSTER CHILD for just getting rolled in big spots this decade. And this year its the TIGERS. Not the big bad Yanks or Red Sox with their huge payrolls. This is a TIGERS team with a payroll on par with the A's. And the A's are just rolling over and playing dead! They aren't even putting up a fight in any of these games.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Hey listen man no hard feelings, I just thought it was odd an A's fan taking a shot at the Yankees but your right, you guys had a better year then us, I won't dispute that. I like the A's and I was pulling for them (and still am) so I wasn't taking a shot. I used to love the bash brother man, Canseco was one of my favorite players growing up. It's all good man, no hard feelings, just thought I'd stick up for my crew. Anyways man I hope you guys pull the ultimate comeback like the Sox in 04. One game at a time!

Dude, if what I said to you came accross as pissy or whatever I appologize.

The dicussion was based on a rediculous statement from someone else. Like I said, bashing the Yankees is NOT something I do, it is a losing battle.

That being said, when someone is talking crap I feel I have to respond.

unifiedtheory said:
You back it up 99% of the time with insults or your famous "2nd city mentality" ****.

Dude, everytime someone disagrees with you it happens.

Then you should probably put me on IGNORE then.

I don't insult people, and the 2nd city thing I brought up a few years ago and EVERYONE ELSE in this message board has picked up and run with. :shakeno: I hardly bring it up anymore. Go check my post history. In fact I almost never bring it up, unless I am responding to someone who has made it part of the discussion...................but why deal with facts now.

IGNORE, very simple. If you don't like what I write, just put me on IGNORE!

MikeO said:

2001--Up 2-0 vs the NY YANKEES and going home for 2 games. Lose those 2. Fly back to NY and lose Game 5. They rolled over and played dead!!

2004--Up 2-0 vs BOSTON, they head to Fenway, lose 2.....then go home and lose Game 5 in their own ballpark. They rolled over and played dead....again.

2006---Will probably just get SWEPT by Detroit in the ALCS and not put up a fight.

This franchise is the POSTER CHILD for just getting rolled in big spots this decade. And this year its the TIGERS. Not the big bad Yanks or Red Sox with their huge payrolls. This is a TIGERS team with a payroll on par with the A's. And the A's are just rolling over and playing dead! They aren't even putting up a fight in any of these games.

didn't Boston beat the Angels before they embarrassed the Yankees in 2004?

Rocky Raccoon said:
didn't Boston beat the Angels before they embarrassed the Yankees in 2004?

Yeah the Sox swept LAA in 2004, the Oakland thing was in 2003. It was a simple typo I'm sure.

MikeO said:

Bringing up the past again I see.

The players on THIS A's team won a round and a division.

What does this A's team have to do with '01 and '04? Considering 2 players remain from '01 and 3 remain from '04 I don't see the point to what you are trying to say.

They are losing to a team that is pitching LIGHTS OUT right now. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom