**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread**

Ray Finkle said:
He's the absolute worst. I have no idea how he's still employed.
What's funny is that I heard him every game on WWOR growing up. I thought he really knew his stuff :o

Joe Buck is excellent. The reason he catches so much crap is for going overboard on the Randy Moss/mooning thing. He was wrong there, but that's a rare blemish on his great resume. The only guy I'd prefer to hear call the play-by-play is Gary Thorne. Thorne is my absolute favorite p.b.p. guy in any sport. He could do the Ft. Lauderdale Shuffle Board Invitational and make it sound compelling.

Oh yeah, :woot: Game 1 in the books!

Why the hell couldn't we have faced the real Jeff Weaver?

finswin56 said:
Why the hell couldn't we have faced the real Jeff Weaver?

Anyone else think maybe it's Jared Weaver pitching instead of Jeff?

2 runs in 10 innings is impressive.

Ray Finkle said:
Anyone else think maybe it's Jared Weaver pitching instead of Jeff?

2 runs in 10 innings is impressive.
i was fooled. i was waiting for the runs to pile up, but heck... i can say i was impressed by elder weaver

Nappy Roots said:
god i hate joe buck. he sucks so bad.

I'm not too big on him doing football (although there are worst) I think he is EASILY the best baseball play by play man in the business.

McCarver on the other hand....he needs to STFU.

Nappy Roots said:
god i hate joe buck. he sucks so bad.
Yeah outside of this board I cant find anyone who actually likes him. He spends more time talking about whatever commercials pop up then about the game and he doesnt really bring any significant insight. Gary thorne, Ron Darling, Gary Cohen, and Keith Hernandez are the guys who usually work Met games (along with the occassional appearance from Seaver) and those guys are really great. Im missing them right now cause buck is horrendous at best.

Joe Buck is OK for baseball. He at least knows something about the sport.

He is the WORST football announcer to walk the planet. The fact he has actually called a Super Bowl should be a crime.

DonShula84 said:
Kenny Rogers lights out again, Detroit is looking really good.
Detroit looks like destiny...

You can not beat destiny AND a dozen guys who all throw the ball 100 MPH for strikes with nasty breaking stuff.

The Roaster was unreal again tonight.

I'm proud of Harden though. He pitched pretty well for a guy making his 4th start in 4 months. Damn, the A's need a BIG bat. It sucks knowing they won't get one...:lol:

I'm happy though, they won the West and won a round. the Tigers are just too good right now, they are doing everything right.

nj, boik, and the rest of us arent so happy now... come on METS!!!!!!
at least were gettin carpenters pitch count up.

The Oakland A's once again don't dissapoint. They roll over and play dead in the playoffs.

This time just 1 rd later than usual.

MikeO said:
The Oakland A's once again don't dissapoint. They roll over and play dead in the playoffs.

This time just 1 rd later than usual.

They got one round further then your 200 million dollar piece of crap.

Say what you will I'm not argueing with you about it...

That's all I have to say.

a Yankees fan talking about other teams rolling over in the playoffs...hilarious.

besides, the A's could go 2004 Red Sox on the Tigers and come back from 0-3 and win.

Rocky Raccoon said:
a Yankees fan talking about other teams rolling over in the playoffs...hilarious.

besides, the A's could go 2004 Red Sox on the Tigers and come back from 0-3 and win.

The Yankees have 4 rings in 6 attempts in the last decade!!! They were in the World Series just 3 years ago, they don't roll over and play dead on a consistent basis. They have bling!

The A's aren't coming back on the TIgers. Please!!!!

unifiedtheory said:
They got one round further then your 200 million dollar piece of crap.

Say what you will I'm not argueing with you about it...

That's all I have to say.

WHO CARES!!!!!!! If you dont' win it all, it doesn't matter!!! :shakeno: :shakeno:

Nobody remembers who the 2nd best team in the American Legue is 7 months from now. Or a year from now. Or 5 years from now!!!

Back
Top Bottom