**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread**

Rocky Raccoon said:
if he doesn't get that moment, and struggles again, do you think he gets traded in the offseason?

1) he has a no trade claus so he can block any trade.

2) only a few teams can afford him and have the players to give up for him. And out of those teams cross off the Mets and Red Sox. And if LAA signs Bonds, cross them off as well.

He might be stuck in NY for at least another year even if he does want out.

3) if he struggles and they win it all, nobody will care and people will get off him anyway.

A 1 - 0 series lead after beating Santana. Zito was lights out, Big Hurt was the entire offense and Street made it interesting, like usual, at the end....

I'm not saying ANYTHING. 1 - 0 in a best of 5 means nothing.

Cardinals win 5-1, 2 run hr by pujols, carp 7k's 1er, belliard great D on several plays, edmonds good game 1rbi, encarnacion 1 rbi, and yadi molina 1 rbi. Go Cards

Not sure I understand Torre's thinking taking Wang out in the 7th with 2 outs, his pitch count at 93 pitches and up by 5.

Anyway the Yankees if/when they win are going to sweep this Tiger team, who have to be in an all time low right now.

Ray Finkle said:
Not sure I understand Torre's thinking taking Wang out in the 7th with 2 outs, his pitch count at 93 pitches and up by 5.

Anyway the Yankees if/when they win are going to sweep this Tiger team, who have to be in an all time low right now.

I agree but I don't understand the Tigers going with Robertson in game 1. They knew they were going to be in the postseason and I think they should've set it up for the roaster to go in game 1.

djfresh47 said:
I agree but I don't understand the Tigers going with Robertson in game 1. They knew they were going to be in the postseason and I think they should've set it up for the roaster to go in game 1.

There was no way in hell Leyland was going to let Rogers go in game one IN New York.

That could have been ugly considering Rogers' stellar track record with the New York fans.

djfresh47 said:

I agree. I wouldn't have let Bonderman pitch on Sunday vs. KC. I would have had he pitch Game 1 in the Bronx. Followed by Verlander, Rogers and then Robertson.

unifiedtheory said:
There was no way in hell Leyland was going to let Rogers go in game one IN New York.

That could have been ugly considering Rogers' stellar track record with the New York fans.

Alright then atleast Verlander. I don't get starting Robertson in game 1. He had same ERA as the roaster, I haven't looked at how their rotation is setup but i'd think L/R/L/R, they could easily of switched that around and still had Verlander in game 1 going R/L/R/L.

Other thoughts for the day:

The Twins have to be in shock that Santana lost today. Now there's added pressure to the staff (who is filled with question marks as it is). The Twins HAVE to win tomorrow's game.

Jake Peavy is a very good young pitcher but he really needed to rebound from his start last year (granted he was hurt in that game) but he didn't pitch well today. SD needs him if they want to go far.

And yes give me Pujols or Jeter at the plate with the game on the lead.

Ray Finkle said:
Other thoughts for the day:

The Twins have to be in shock that Santana lost today. Now there's added pressure to the staff (who is filled with question marks as it is). The Twins HAVE to win tomorrow's game.

Jake Peavy is a very good young pitcher but he really needed to rebound from his start last year (granted he was hurt in that game) but he didn't pitch well today. SD needs him if they want to go far.

And yes give me Pujols or Jeter at the plate with the game on the lead.

with the game on the lead? I think I would use a closer in that situation.

Rocky Raccoon said:
with the game on the lead? I think I would use a closer in that situation.

:lol:

So give the ball to Pujols or Jeter then, can't be worse than Timlin was this year.

EDIT: typo meant to say with the game on the line.

Twins will win the series. Woo go Twins! Though I was dissapointed in todays game.

Ray Finkle said:
:lol:

So give the ball to Pujols or Jeter then, can't be worse than Timlin was this year.

EDIT: typo meant to say with the game on the line.

I looked at Streets numbers from this season and he had 11 blown saves. He blew almost 1/4 of his saves which is incredible. I caught Pujols HR and I just recall the announcer saying that it could come back to haunt them after Piazza misplayed the fb. Regardless of how bad St. Louis was down the stretch the Tigers had a worse record the last 50 games of the year and actually went with their ace to try to swing the momentum.

Back
Top Bottom