**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2006 MLB Playoffs Thread**

djfresh47 said:
I looked at Streets numbers from this season and he had 11 blown saves. He blew almost 1/4 of his saves which is incredible. I caught Pujols HR and I just recall the announcer saying that it could come back to haunt them after Piazza misplayed the fb. Regardless of how bad St. Louis was down the stretch the Tigers had a worse record the last 50 games of the year and actually went with their ace to try to swing the momentum.

Huston has been a "white knuckle" closer all year. I'm hoping it has something to do with the nagging injuries he's had all year.

He tends to make things WAY too interesting for my liking.

unifiedtheory said:
Huston has been a "white knuckle" closer all year. I'm hoping it has something to do with the nagging injuries he's had all year.

He tends to make things WAY too interesting for my liking.

I think injuries are playing a role for him, plus he is very young. I predict a Cy Young for him within the next few years. Once his injuries heal he will be a force again.

yeah twins might be in soem trouble, you knew this series was gonna be a low scoring pitching duel, but i thought the twins would be winning these pitching matchups... especially this game with how bonser finished the season hot, and loaiza was struggling towards the end

A's looked good...going back home with 2 in the bag.

Anyone know more about what happend with the yankees game? i only caught a second of sportscenter before i had to leave for class and i seen verlander saying he had to warmup and other tiger players were as well adn there was no yankees on the field, it sounded like the teams got told 2 different things

UCFinfan86 said:
Anyone know more about what happend with the yankees game? i only caught a second of sportscenter before i had to leave for class and i seen verlander saying he had to warmup and other tiger players were as well adn there was no yankees on the field, it sounded like the teams got told 2 different things
well some believe that the Yankees were told that the game would be cancelled, and the Tigers weren't. Detroit had thought the game would start at 10, so Verlander began warming up and as he continued to they were finally told that the game had been cancelled. I don't think it's really a big deal though.

Rocky Raccoon said:
well some believe that the Yankees were told that the game would be cancelled, and the Tigers weren't. Detroit had thought the game would start at 10, so Verlander began warming up and as he continued to they were finally told that the game had been cancelled. I don't think it's really a big deal though.

ohh, ya all i had seen on sportscenter was that someone complaining, can't recall who, i think it was leyland but i cant remember

Back
Top Bottom