***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)*** | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)***

From what I have read, either player can switch to guard but Satale seems better suited to guard. On thing about Morinomo is that he is also a Track athlete, and a very succesful one at that, I've seen those folks transition to the NFL very well and become very good players. Michael Carter fmr NT was a dual sport athelete and he played many years in the league, as did Carlton Haselrig. We also will be getting a full look at Joe Toledo and Wright this year so that is like having two additional picks this year.

Satele was an 1st team all WAC his Jr year, and 2nd team his freshman and sophomore years before moving to center, so yeah, he will probably play G if one of the two of them will be moving.

I dont like it, even if carey is moving to LT, there still is not LT depth, who is now RT, one NT drafted, and the area of greatest concern after QB has not been addressed CB, also no TE picked...

Yeah man, I had a BUNCH of guys on my board I wanted. Daymeion Hughes in the 3rd when he fell, Eric Weddle, Aaron Rousse, Sabby Piscatelli, Tarrell Brown, John Wendling, etc etc.

Does anyone know if Brandon Sharp (S from Louisville) or Tim Mixon (CB from Cal) are still available? I don't remember seeing their names go yet. Sharp prolly has but Mixon I think is a sleeper and could be a great pick, especially in round 7.

I believe both are still available

this works out to 6.28 KNOCKDOWNS per game over 25 games at center but can play guard too... sounds like a mauler.

CAREER NOTES
The versatile lineman started his last 25 games at center for the Chippewas, grading 80.7% for blocking consistency while collecting 157 knockdowns/key blocks…Twenty of those blocks resulted in touchdowns, adding 21 more blocks down field…Allowed only a pair of assisted quarterback sacks on 1,729 plays over the last two seasons.

all i got to say is if siler,everett or patrick are there in the 7th when we pick and we dont pick them im gonna snap

I believe both are still available

Well if that's the case draft both in round 7. We need help at S and CB, and these guys can do it.

Brandon Sharp:

Strengths:
A great athlete...Solid timed speed...Physical and aggressive...A solid tackler who likes to hit...Has a great motor...Comes up to support versus the run...Has fluid hips to turn and run...Nice range...Durable...Also has big special teams potential.

Tim Mixon:

Strengths:
A solid technician...Is more quick than fast...Smart with excellent instincts...Breaks up a lot of passes...Playmaker with nice ball skills...Can also contribute as a punt returner...Excels in zone coverage...He can be had at a bargain point in the draft.

And while we are at it, use the third 7th rounder on Dane Uperesa, OT, Hawai'i. I had him to us in round 6 in my mock. I don't think he has been taken yet.

Dane Uperesa:

Strengths:
Adequate size and bulk with long arms...A solid athlete...Bends his knees well...A hard worker....He will jolt defenders with his initial punch...Decent feet...Excellent in pass protection and has a lot of experience...Smart and aware...Is very tough.

If that is how round 7 went it would be, BY FAR, the highlight, and best round, of the draft.

That or a combo of any 2 of those 3 guys and Ben Patrick.

Back
Top Bottom