***Official 2009 FedEx BCS Championship Game Thread -#1 Oklahoma Vs. #2 Florida*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2009 FedEx BCS Championship Game Thread -#1 Oklahoma Vs. #2 Florida***

Kournikova

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi, everybody! :) Dolphins Stadium will host it's third important football game within a week when the 2009 FedEx BCS National Championship Game is played tonight. Coach Bob Stoops #1 Oklahoma Sooners from the Big 12 Conference meets Coach Urban Meyer's #2 Florida Gators from the Southeastern Conference. Amazingly, both Oklahoma and Florida, with their successful football programs and their storied histories, meet for the first time ever tonight on the gridiron.

Tonight's meeting will also feature both the last two Heisman Trophy winners, and also the first two sophomore Heisman Trophy winners, playing opposite each other on the field - Sam Bradford for the Sooners, and last year's winner, Tim Tebow of the Gators.

1009 FedEx BCS National Championship game will also be the last to be televised by Fox Sports, with ESPN and ABC Sports televising next year's Citi BCS National Championship Game from the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Thom Brennaman and Charles Davis will announce the game commentary along with Chris Myers and Laura Okmin for FOX College Sports, with WSVN FOX 7 televising in Miami. Ron Franklin and Ed Chamberlain will also announce the game commentary nationally on ESPN Radio including WQAM Sportsradio 560AM in Miami and WEFL 760AM in West Palm Beach.

Mick Hubert and Lee McGriff will also announce the live game play-by-play and analysis along with sideline reporter Steve Babik on flagship station WFXJ 930AM from Jacksonville, and WFTL 850AM in Miami. Tonight's BCS National Championship game can also be heard live to our fans around the world through WXFJ's internet link (see below).

Local weather conditions at the Dolphins Stadium in Miami Gardens area in Opalocka for tonight's 8:05 Eastern Standard Time kickoff looks great with clear skies at 65 degrees, and light winds at 5 miles per hour.

I wish both teams to play with no penalties, turnovers, and injuries. Looks like an entertaining game, and we will see which team will raise the crystal Sears Trophy after the game! :wink: :woot:

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball

http://www.orangebowl.org/

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/okla-m-footbl-body.html

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/

Live Radio Internet Streaming Courtesy Of WFXJ 930AM:

http://www.930thefox.com/cc-common/ondemand/player2.html?world=st

Oklahoma's offense can't be stopped...

...except by an SEC defense...

Florida's offense can't be stopped by SEC defenses...

...the only place Big-12 defenses are prominent are on the back of milk cartons....

Florida rolls...

Gators 45

Sooners 27

...the only place Big-12 defenses are prominent are on the back of milk cartons....

Florida rolls...

Gators 45

Sooners 27

I agree

Florida rolls...

Gators 45

Sooners 27

I felt the same way until watching some of the previous bowls.

Texas Tech was able to put 30+ on Ole Miss, which finished as one of the hottest SEC teams, beating Florida and taking 'Bama to the wire. The also were only like 19 points away from a perfect season--amazing what's going on in Mississippi. Point though, while TT didn't put 50+ on Ole Miss, 30+ is still a decent showing.

Watching Texas struggle against OSU showed me that while the Big-12 offenses are overrated, that doesn't make them average. OSU had the 2nd ranked offense, and Texas was able to come on late and figure them out.

I still think the Gators offer a better team on O, D, & ST. However, prior to bowl season I figured a blow out. Now I think it'll just be a firm beating.

Gators - 45
Sooners - 27

So yeah, I agree with you! haha, I just though it'd be closer to 52-14 before.

I think I speak for all 'Canes when I say...

BOOMER EFFING SOONER

762pxOklahomaSoonersBoomerSoonerSchooner-1.jpg

i hope oklahoma wins cuz as a canes fan i want more possible recruits play for the U instead. but it seems like florida is gonna win this game easy....

now look how oklahoma played vs texas tech while they were hot and shut down crabtree they spanked tex. tech,. so who knows man... GO SOONERS I GUESS...!

also keep in mind when florida won it. ohio state was supposed to steam roll the gators and the total opposite happened. should be fun i hope for a good game a classic to end the college footbal season!

Im leaving Gainesville for the night to go camping for some peace and quiet. None of my friends understand why I wont stay and watch the game. I just keep telling them that I have been there and done that... 5 times

Better Sooner than Gator!

Im leaving Gainesville for the night to go camping for some peace and quiet. None of my friends understand why I wont stay and watch the game. I just keep telling them that I have been there and done that... 5 times

Better Sooner than Gator!

I assume you're a young gator so I ask... tell us how you were able to have "been there and done that" during the '83 & '87 and (possibly) '89 championships prior to your birth?

I assume you're a young gator so I ask... tell us how you were able to have "been there and done that" during the '83 & '87 and (possibly) '89 championships prior to your birth?

For being ThunderDan you're not very lightning quick considering my age states that I am 30. And please, just b/c i live in Gainesville doesn't make me a gator. I am thoroughly insulted.

I felt the same way until watching some of the previous bowls.

Texas Tech was able to put 30+ on Ole Miss, which finished as one of the hottest SEC teams, beating Florida and taking 'Bama to the wire. The also were only like 19 points away from a perfect season--amazing what's going on in Mississippi. Point though, while TT didn't put 50+ on Ole Miss, 30+ is still a decent showing.

Watching Texas struggle against OSU showed me that while the Big-12 offenses are overrated, that doesn't make them average. OSU had the 2nd ranked offense, and Texas was able to come on late and figure them out.

I still think the Gators offer a better team on O, D, & ST. However, prior to bowl season I figured a blow out. Now I think it'll just be a firm beating.

Gators - 45
Sooners - 27

So yeah, I agree with you! haha, I just though it'd be closer to 52-14 before.

Exactly....I think if you can hold Oklahoma's offense to under 30 points....you've essentially stopped them...

Florida has the edge on special teams as well....but it's difficult to make Oklahoma punt...Brandon James will be a factor if Florida's defense can force some 3 and outs...or at least 6 and out...

Back
Top Bottom