***Official 2011 Florida Marlins Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2011 Florida Marlins Thread***

Win the series vs the Braves and open up a new series vs the Phillies with a win....

Hell of a pitchers duel today. It looked like both these guys could have gone nine innings, but Ubaldo slipped up early and JJ slipped a couple innings later.

The Marlins are quietly, record-wise, one of the best teams in the National League, and that's with Hanley and Infante mired in megaslumps and LoMo on the DL. To me, John Buck has made such a huge difference to this team. This team is actually fun to watch this year.

Keep it up, Fish.

Marlins with a real good win tonight over Halladay and the Phillies. JJ wasn't 100% on it tonight . . . but isn't that a scary thought considering he only gave up 1 run in 7 innings against the best team in baseball.

When Hanley snaps out of his funk and LoMo gets back . . . this team is going to be competitive every night. The bullpen looks much improved.

Nice to see 22,000 come out on a Tuesday night to watch JJ/Halladay go at it. I was looking for tickets late and my girl calls me to tell me she is working late . . . that would have been a treat to watch live.

Another ND for JJ.....I feel bad for the guy

Against the best team in the National League, plus a division rival who was three games up on you before the game, against the arguably the best pitcher in all of baseball....we'll take a W anyway we can get it.

Against the best team in the National League, plus a division rival who was three games up on you before the game, against the arguably the best pitcher in all of baseball....we'll take a W anyway we can get it.

I'll take the W anyway but I still feel bad for the guy who IMO is the most underrated pitcher in baseball

Marlins with a real good win tonight over Halladay and the Phillies. JJ wasn't 100% on it tonight . . . but isn't that a scary thought considering he only gave up 1 run in 7 innings against the best team in baseball.

The Phillies gave that game away. They loaded the bases against JJ with no outs early on and couldn't score. That's what happens when you have guys like Sardinhia and Orr playing instead of Carlos Ruiz and Chase Utley. The Phillies had several chances to put up enough runs for Doc to win it but they screwed it up. No biggie. Good to see the overrated Braves getting beat by the Nats.

The Phillies gave that game away. They loaded the bases against JJ with no outs early on and couldn't score. That's what happens when you have guys like Sardinhia and Orr playing instead of Carlos Ruiz and Chase Utley. The Phillies had several chances to put up enough runs for Doc to win it but they screwed it up. No biggie. Good to see the overrated Braves getting beat by the Nats.

Gave away? Give JJ a few more props than that . . . he showed some toughness. He struck out the next 2 hitters, and got a ground out to retire the side. You could say the same thing about Hanley being in a slump and no LoMo who was killing **** early on.

Marlins got timely hits, the Phillies didn't. Halladay was awesome, but not good enough tonight.

Josh Johnson gave up the home run to Ryan Howard, then proceeded to load the bases with NO OUTS and work out of it.

You load the bases with no outs and can't plate a guy or two, you just got handled. Period.

I'll take the W anyway but I still feel bad for the guy who IMO is the most underrated pitcher in baseball

I definitely think that was the case before the season started, but I don't think JJ is under the radar with his 1.63 ERA . . . didn't he start the all star game last year?

Not so much underrated than it is he just isn't getting the W's that help build up your Cy Young credentials. I think right now when people think of the top 10 pitchers in the MLB, JJ is on most of those lists, but your right, he is gonna need to some help getting some wins if he is gonna get those ultimate props.

Either way, 2 games back baby!!

Josh Johnson gave up the home run to Ryan Howard, then proceeded to load the bases with NO OUTS and work out of it.

You load the bases with no outs and can't plate a guy or two, you just got handled. Period.

not once but twice.

Back
Top Bottom