***Official 2011 Florida Marlins Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2011 Florida Marlins Thread***

JJ hit the DL, but we got a gem from Javy today . . . if he plays anything like the Javy of old, this Marlins rotation is going to keep them in every game.

Leo is 17 out of 17 in save opps . . . he has come a long way . . . kudos to him.

And I sure am glad LoMo is back, and Hanley is starting to snap out of the slump. I think this Marlins team is 4real.

Stanton is crushing it too. Well not today but over the last 2 weeks.

Marlins lose 4-0 today . . . Shields was excellent out there today. Sometimes it goes like that . . . JJ would have probably ended this game with an L or a ND AGAIN, so it kind of works out that he was able to rest the shoulder instead of going through the usual. Still got the series win against a good Rays team and head out to San Fran on Tuesday.

Nolasco vs. Cain should be a good one.

Once Stanton becomes more disciplined at the plate, the kid is gonna be putting up MVP type numbers. Sick thing is, he is only 21 :lol:

A right side batting Adam Dunn is the kids floor IMO, I think he is gonna remind us of Miguel Cabrera real, real soon.

If we can somehow pick up another quality starter for the back end of our rotation, this team has potential. Hanley is finally showing signs of heating up. It scares me though knowing that javy and volstad are going to start 40% of our games. One fresh face for the back side of the rotation will bring the confidence level up though.

If we can somehow pick up another quality starter for the back end of our rotation, this team has potential. Hanley is finally showing signs of heating up. It scares me though knowing that javy and volstad are going to start 40% of our games. One fresh face for the back side of the rotation will bring the confidence level up though.

Sucks we don't have a guy like Dave Duncan who can dump a superstar like Adam Wainwright on the DL and then get career years out of guys like Kyle McCellan, Kyle Loshe, etc.

:bobdole:

Sucks we don't have a guy like Dave Duncan who can dump a superstar like Adam Wainwright on the DL and then get career years out of guys like Kyle McCellan, Kyle Loshe, etc.

:bobdole:
No kidding. I like where our team is headed, but it's a shame because we're so used to having that loaded farm system, which is definitely not the case this year. I have no doubt that we will go after somebody, but how good will that guy be since we don't have top prospects anymore.

I'm trying to think of who from the American League would be available at the trade deadline now...
I'm eyeballing somebody like Jeff Francis from the Royals. He would be a solid #4, and a lefty, which we need. Another option would be somebody like Pavano. We would have to open the wallet for him though. If memory serves me right, I think he is owed something like 20 mil over the next two yrs. That isnt counting this yr's salary.

cant find the video, but sport science did a peice on mike stanton the other day. when he hit that homer in ny.

Back
Top Bottom