official 2012 combine discussion thread... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

official 2012 combine discussion thread...

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
bang it out here...

cordy glenn runs a sub 5 second first 40 and 1.76 10 yard split at almost 6 ft 6 345 lbs and 35 plus inch arms...31 reps on the bench...you kiddin me hello 1st round pick...continues solid momentum from the senior bowl week and game...

philip blake solid movement skills in the first on field drill...like his feet...another guy stocks on the way up...i'll be surprised if he gets out of the 3rd round...i think blakes underrated

cordy glenn stiff in the first on field drill...not a left tackle i think he'll make a terrific guard though...not having the ability to play an nfl left tackle probably will keep him out of the top 20...still think though that he comes off in the 20-30 range

what am i...here by myself today

cordy glenn solid lookin on the pull blocking drill...i think this jeff allen kid also looks pretty solid...decastro solid as expected he couldn't do anything today that would change my mind about him being a top 10 bpa

mike adams soft on the bench...19 reps...needs to get stronger or he'll struggle with strength...but he moves really well for his size...quite athletic...

Decastro ran a 5.34 really?..thought he was faster...I wanne know his splits.

i wanna say it was 1.86 10 yard split...anyways doesn't matter to me...i thought he'd be a little quicker but the guys so damn good on tape i just don't care...he's killin these on field drills though

decastro mike adams jeff allen cordy glenn philip blake all looking good in the mirror drill...decastro and philip blake showing off outstanding knee bend...mike adams smooth like butter cordy glenn for that size is blowing me away with how well he moves...he's nose tackle weight and moving like a deer

I was gonna say a gazelle, but deer would suffice. I cant make up my damn mind on what I want done at 8. I wanted upshaw, wanted to trade back, wanted coples, wanted decastro....

the more I think about decastro, the more I don't really mind taking him. I am not interested in a guy like reiff. I watched every game hes played being from Iowa and I hate the mocks that have us taking him. I hate the okeefe connection factor. I do like the idea of drafting a guy who can play LT in case long leaves, but why the hell would long leave. we are gonna pay him bank, and he doenst have to pay state income tax.
more and more of glenn, and I will be clamoring for a trade down to 18-22 range and begging for glenn to be the pick. he seems to be on a mission today.

funny, I hate the notion of a OL with our first round pick, and every time I turn around and I am talking myself into one of about 4 different Olineman.

Decastro looked good on the mirror drill............plus the coach keeps asking him to show the rest of the boy's how to do it in the drills.
very coachable person....good pick at 8 i dont know yet.

40 times are extremely overrated in this drill but it was impressive watching Glenn run sub 5 with a Jake Long type 10 yard split.

Decastro is too smooth, there are worse things in the world than drafting him at 8.

Adams looked real solid in the mirror drill, like to see him get those reps up. 19 is terrible for an olineman.

Awaiting the next group with guys like Brandon Washington, Bobbie Massie and Reilly Reiff.

glenn played a pretty solid left tackle in the senior bowl game...i think you might be able to get away with him there in a pinch...but right tackle and guard i think he's a fit...

i can't wait to see peter konz today...that kids terrific on tape...i expect him to kill it...kevin zeitler can't hold his jock

if we get a qb in free agency and take decastro at #8 i'm fine with it...looks like a 10 year all pro to me

Pass rusher at 8. No question in my mind.

If we go Oline, then it needs to be a RT. Taking a guard in the top ten is terrible value.

Pass rusher at 8. No question in my mind.

If we go Oline, then it needs to be a RT. Taking a guard in the top ten is terrible value.

If Jake Long is the future, and will remain a Dolphin for the next 5 years . . . then taking a RT top 10 is much worse than taking the best OG prospect since Steve Hutchinson. Decastro ****s on any OT in this draft (well outside of Kalil).

I fully believe our RT is on the team already, to get Decastro and throw him at LG and allow Incogs to play RG . . . our OLine really becomes alot better.

But I agree, Coples or Claiborne at 8 for me . . . both improve the pass rush.

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck getting ireland to sign off on a pass rusher at #8 that lacks the prototype measurables...

#22 working his *** off, dont know who it is but well done to him.

you guys know how this is gonna go right...luck is a lock to indy the browns have pretty much told anyone in attendance that they're trading up to #2 for rg3 and st louis is gonna be willing to do it cause they get one of justin blackmon or morris claiborne at #4 jax is gonna scoop up coples at #7 the bucs will go either claiborne if he gets to em or trent richardson if he runs well this weekend

bpa for us very well may be decastro at #8...

Back
Top Bottom