official 2012 combine discussion thread... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

official 2012 combine discussion thread...

cordy glenn runs the same 10 yard split just about as matt kalil...but with 40 more lbs on him...wow

you guys know how this is gonna go right...luck is a lock to indy the browns have pretty much told anyone in attendance that they're trading up to #2 for rg3 and st louis is gonna be willing to do it cause they get one of justin blackmon or morris claiborne at #4 jax is gonna scoop up coples at #7 the bucs will go either claiborne if he gets to em or trent richardson if he runs well this weekend

bpa for us very well may be decastro at #8...

I have thought about this also:

Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Blackmon, Coples, Claiborne, Richardson as the first 7 picks off the board . . . leaving us with a bunch of 2nd tier guys like Reiff, Martin, Wright, Floyd, Upshaw, Kuechly, Brockers and Ingram.

Decastro and Tannehill would definitely be 2 wildcards to consider at that point, though both are probably considered reaches at that point. Decastro wouldn't fall much further than that, he probably is a better pick than trying to trade down, although I wouldn't mind fielding offers to see what we could get for the pick. Pretty sure teams would be interested in one of the tackles at that point..

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck getting ireland to sign off on a pass rusher at #8 that lacks the prototype measurables...

Did Cam Wake have "measurables"? I think if the guy can fit in the NFL and get after the passer he will take him. Upshaw is a fine fit as OLB. Ingram is more of a "misfit", but he also could be a match up nightmare.

Did Cam Wake have "measurables"? I think if the guy can fit in the NFL and get after the passer he will take him. Upshaw is a fine fit as OLB. Ingram is more of a "misfit", but he also could be a match up nightmare.

was cam wake drafted in the top 10 by anyone or ireland for that matter...bet you bottom dollar ireland does not use a top 10 pick on a de/olb that measures in at less than 6 ft 2...upshaw and ingram won't happen that high

riley reiff 1.71 10 yard split...pretty damn good

Look like we have some Brandon Washington hataz on the NFL network. He definitely was a bit over his head at LT, but at LG he has major potential.

If Jake Long is the future, and will remain a Dolphin for the next 5 years . . . then taking a RT top 10 is much worse than taking the best OG prospect since Steve Hutchinson. Decastro ****s on any OT in this draft (well outside of Kalil).

I fully believe our RT is on the team already, to get Decastro and throw him at LG and allow Incogs to play RG . . . our OLine really becomes alot better.

But I agree, Coples or Claiborne at 8 for me . . . both improve the pass rush.

It is a terrible decision to take a guard in the top ten. Your Hutchinson comparison to DeCastro is on in terms of the player, but Hutchinson went 17 not 8. I have an issue with that. Tackles are much more valuable than guards. Guards can be unearthed easier than a RT.

I am not sure who you think the the RT is on the roster already, but I can say Garner and Jerry could fill in at RG. However, I think it is roster neglect to go into the year with Jerry and Murtha as the answer at RT.

Look...I am not advocated for a RT at 8. I am thinking pass rusher. However, if the pick comes down to an O-lineman, it has to be at Tackle.

(BTW, if Manning is signed somehow, RT all of sudden soars to the top of the list in my mind)

I have thought about this also:

Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Blackmon, Coples, Claiborne, Richardson as the first 7 picks off the board . . . leaving us with a bunch of 2nd tier guys like Reiff, Martin, Wright, Floyd, Upshaw, Kuechly, Brockers and Ingram.

Decastro and Tannehill would definitely be 2 wildcards to consider at that point, though both are probably considered reaches at that point. Decastro wouldn't fall much further than that, he probably is a better pick than trying to trade down, although I wouldn't mind fielding offers to see what we could get for the pick. Pretty sure teams would be interested in one of the tackles at that point..

imo tannehill goes to the top of the target list for us at #8 if we miss on manning and flynn...if miami wants tannehill they have to worry about washington at #6 and seattle right behind us...i don't think ireland will take the chance if he gets to us he'll pull the trigger...just the way i see it

it will be coples reiff tannehill decastro if blackmon did get to us provided we had a qb in free agency i think thats in play but i doubt he gets out of the top 5...us stayin in front of carolina though helps us for him cause i think the panthers would have pounced had he gotten to them as a wr for the long term future for newton

hoops I just got back to my hotel room. Watching now...finally. Is there an actual schedule of when certain positions are working out?

I thought the QBs were going today? But the info on the guide says K, OL, and TE.

:idk:

was cam wake drafted in the top 10 by anyone or ireland for that matter...bet you bottom dollar ireland does not use a top 10 pick on a de/olb that measures in at less than 6 ft 2...upshaw and ingram won't happen that high

riley reiff 1.71 10 yard split...pretty damn good

No, Cam Wake was not drafted in the top 10, but the Fins gave good money to CFL free agent based on a projection.

I am not assuming either that Coples goes to Jacksonville. Coples could very well be on the board.

The idea of Ireland and his prototypical theories is mostly a creation of this board. We do not know one way or the other about this...

Didn't he "go against the grain" by going after Reggie Bush? He is not a Parcellian-like guy.

Pass rusher is better value than any guard in this draft.

qb rb and wr tomorrow............dl and lb mon...........db tues.

hoops I just got back to my hotel room. Watching now...finally. Is there an actual schedule of when certain positions are working out?

I thought the QBs were going today? But the info on the guide says K, OL, and TE.

:idk:

tomorrow qbs wr rbs monday dline lbs and tuesday dbs...none of the top qbs are throwing tomorrrow though...to my knowledge

It is a terrible decision to take a guard in the top ten. Your Hutchinson comparison to DeCastro is on in terms of the player, but Hutchinson went 17 not 8. I have an issue with that. Tackles are much more valuable than guards. Guards can be unearthed easier than a RT.

I am not sure who you think the the RT is on the roster already, but I can say Garner and Jerry could fill in at RG. However, I think it is roster neglect to go into the year with Jerry and Murtha as the answer at RT.

Look...I am not advocated for a RT at 8. I am thinking pass rusher. However, if the pick comes down to an O-lineman, it has to be at Tackle.

(BTW, if Manning is signed somehow, RT all of sudden soars to the top of the list in my mind)

I have to disagree with you. Grabbing an "elite" pulling guard to throw in between Long and Pouncey would be incredible. It would allow us to place Ritchie at RG where he can be more of a mauler who has learned how to pull a bit.

You are sleeping on John Jerry, he put in the work last year, he got better and he has the movement to be a solid RT . . . I wouldn't discount him. Lydon Murtha was looking extremely well at RT before he went down and Garner is a depth guy but can fill in, in a pinch. Plus we can always throw guys later on in the draft in the mix there as well. You can find RT's later on, you aren't getting a LG like Decastro later in the draft or in FA at the 8th pick price.

I know Colombo has scarred many people to thinking a RT is some premium top 10 necessity . . . it isn't. Colombo is gone and so is the guy who got wet when we brought him here.

You don't draft RT's in the top 10 either, and whoever we draft would be a RT.

tomorrow qbs wr rbs monday dline lbs and tuesday dbs...none of the top qbs are throwing tomorrrow though...to my knowledge

Tomorrow is better for me anyway. DEFINITELY looking forward to Coby Fleener later this afternoon.

:bobdole: @ Brandon Washington

No, Cam Wake was not drafted in the top 10, but the Fins gave good money to CFL free agent based on a projection.

I am not assuming either that Coples goes to Jacksonville. Coples could very well be on the board.

The idea of Ireland and his prototypical theories is mostly a creation of this board. We do not know one way or the other about this...

Didn't he "go against the grain" by going after Reggie Bush? He is not a Parcellian-like guy.

Pass rusher is better value than any guard in this draft.

they liked cam wake so much they gave him a peanuts contract...averaging $1.5 mil per is peanuts...they had no idea wake would become what he did if they did they wouldn't have sat him behind joey porters corpse for so long

jax and coples is an ideal fit...you don't agree no worries...about anything to be honest

this new cba means just about any position can be in play anywhere cause your not paying a guy to play interior line $45 mil anymore in the top 10...if decastro becomes what i think he is steve hutchinson all over again he's well worth it...left guard is a premium position on the oline anyways if you ask me...your primary pull position...decastro and pouncey side by side would be money

I do think the stadium would burn down if they took a guard in the top ten. So we could get a new stadium out of it.

You trade back someone and take DeCastro then I have no issue. A RT can go in the top ten esp. when he has the ability to play LT if Long walks or continues his injury trend.

Back
Top Bottom